Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 price. will it be worth it?
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 144
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 19, 2006 14:47
not exactly true kajik this story on 1up says that Resident evil is very possible on the Rev but might be different to make use of the controller.

http://1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3147120
http://www.joystiq.com/2006/01/18/resident-evil-not-entirely-anti-revolution/
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 20, 2006 00:22
Yes, because no one else (aka a respectable site) would have the story, because Capcom would give an exclusive to 1up. RE5 is announced for PS3 and 360, with no mention to the Rev. And with the level of detail shown in the trailer, I doubt it will be possible on the Rev (which is rumoured only to be slightly more powerful than the XBox(1))
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 20, 2006 01:35
I wouldn' t say...

" ..producer Minoru Nakai doesn' t rule out the possibility of the series showing up on Revolution sometime down the road..."

...is VERY possible, would you?

And you failed to mention...

" Before anything can happen on the survival horror front, though, Nakai seems intent on developing a videogame for Revolution completely unrelated to Resident Evil"

and...

" ..now comes word, via an interview with Deadly Silence producer Minoru Nakai, that Resident Evil 5 is very likely not Revolution-bound.."

See the word NOT!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That aside, while a RE game will eventually find it' s way on to Revolution (N5), nothing has been confirmed, stated, or really even hinted at.

I would love for RE to be on Revolution, it' d be fantastic. But speculation like this is just rediculous. You won' t see RE on Revolution any time soon! So, actually yes, i was EXACTLY right!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 20, 2006 01:57

I would love for RE to be on Revolution, it' d be fantastic. But speculation like this is just rediculous. You won' t see RE on Revolution any time soon! So, actually yes, i was EXACTLY right!

Actually I must correct you. If the Revolution runs emulated Gameboy Color games then you' ll have the Gameboy Color version of the atrocity that is Resident Evil Gaiden, playable on the Revolution!!!
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 20, 2006 01:59
I stand corrected!

They' re even letting you download gameboy/colour/advance games?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 20, 2006 08:35
wow, terry bogard is right, i thought i' d never have to see that atrocious game pak ever again. man does that give me the heebie-jeebies, and on top of that, if they' re emulating the majority of the (so called) classic games, then that means that they' re also going to have the Beavis & Butthead game, which i am pretty sure violates the geneva accords.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 20, 2006 17:04
immortaldanmx, 1up is actually a respectable source. They have had many exclusive interviews and a lot of news has come from them first.

Breaking News.

This just in:
Nintendo president Satoru Iwata has confirmed to Japanese newspaper Sankei Shinbun, that the company will show a near-final version of Revolution at E3 and is aiming to launch the console in the US before Thanksgiving and before end of the year in Japan.

He also said that Revolution will sell at an affordable price because " even if it' s a superb machine, it' s not going to sell if it' s 50,000 yen ($434)" in a clear allusion to the PlayStation 3, which Kutaragi has confirmed will be very expensive.

Source: http://news.teamxbox.com/xbox/10075/Revolution-to-Launch-Before-Thanksgiving-in-the-US
< Message edited by KiLLeR -- 21 Jan 06 1:07:55 >
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 20, 2006 19:53
I think 1up generally get their information from other sites. It' s a 2nd rate site at the very most...

I' m still unsure about what games will be available for download with Revolution (N5). Nintendo stated that only 1st party, Nintendo developed games would definately be available. It depends on Nintendo getting rights/permission from developers/publishers to use their games.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 05:34
okay then, there is hope... anyways about the whole 1up thing, i make sure that 2 sources are cited whenever new news comes. unless it' s from kikizo which is the first game site i' ve trusted in a long time.
Max_chelsea

• Total Posts : 30
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 05:51
YES IT IS HAVE U SEEN THE AMAZING GRAPHICS ON WWW.VIDEO.GOOGLE.COM IF U SEARCH PS3 IT IS WORTH IT TRUST ME!!!!!
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 06:19
Hey dipshit, there are fcuk all video' s of ingame footage for PS3 games. All those video' s were shown at E3 and TGS last year and only about 3 of them were rendered in realtime, but even those weren' t running on PS3 hardware.

OMG go luk at all da pretty grafficks!!! PS3 iz da bomb!!!

PS3 is gonna suck major ass and you wouldn' t be able to afford one anyway. Sony is gonna fcuk all you little pricks that kiss it' s ass so often and you' ll buy a overhyped Blu-Ray player!
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 06:26
who said that majikdra6on isn' t a sony hater ???
< Message edited by abasoufiane -- 21 Jan 06 14:26:52 >
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 06:30
PS3 hater, not Sony.

PS3 is not going to be quite what people expect.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 06:45
ps3 will be what the mainstream gaming audience expect,mass titles with many AAA,and backward comptability.
And graphic at a amazing level.
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 07:32
Unlikely.

PS3 will be an expensive Blu-Ray powered media hub that just happens to also play games.

PS3 games will cost more than 360' s due to the much higher development costs and the more expensive to manufacture Blu-Ray discs.

1st generation PS3 games will suffer from antialiasing problems and won' t look as good as their 360 counterparts, this will be more evident when you compare the same games running on both systems.

PS3 will be marketed to an older audience, one that buys into lifestyle orientated products. Sony will simply use PS3 to get as many Blu-Ray capable units into hoes as possible in a bold attempt to completely take over the home video market.

PS3 won' t launch in Japan until late 2006 and won' t make the states or europe until 2007. By that time 360 will hav utterly amazing games and Revolution will have launched and be in full swing.

Sony isn' t looking to directly compete in the games market due to the obvious threat the opposition pose this time around. With Microsoft buying new exclusive titles every week and throwing money at development studios like Valve and Squaresoft, Sony just can' t compete. Ok, so Sony' s not exactly poor but compared to Microsoft?!

Microsoft are desperate to get control of the games industry and have done an awful lot right with 360. How can Sony' s console, that' s similary powered and lacking a dedicated online service compete?! Simple, it can' t!

Sony will change direction and although PS3 will still have a lot of games, they will primarily use it to push out their new medium, which if successful will make them more money than they ever would with games!
QuezcatoL

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 07:41
Feel free to tell me why 100 million bought psx1,and 80 million ps2?
ALmost none online avaible for any ps2 game whatsoever.
I seen some in game video from warhawk now,and that is just bullshit,it looked much much better then for ex pdz and kameo.
Also alot of the ps3 games will support 1080i,it will almst be standard,resolution is as importent as AA yes,and no ps3 game will be low on AA.

When did MS throw money at squaresoft?
Squaresoft is called square-enix today,and 8% of the stocks is owned by SONY,and the rest is rich japanese people who wont sell them.
Ms cant get s-e the only way to get s-e is to make xbox360 big enough to force them.
Valve is great,half life2 took 6 years,if you wanna wait to next gen consoles after this with 360+ps3 for a half life3,be my guest.

Ms is trying to get in lead,but has already failed,they basically got the people who bought an xbox already in europe and usa but as themself said the most importest market for them this gen would probably be japan,and now they done worse there then with xbox,just face it it sells horrible in the most importent market...
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 08:19
You dense muppet. Aliasing (jaggies) will be most evident when playing in a higher resolution!!! Developers have been saying that PS3 will have aliasing problems for the 1st generation of titles, simply due to it not having dedicated hardware to deal with it like 360 does. You' re going to contradict the people who make the games?

This is from ign.com...

" At its pre-E3 news conference, Microsoft confirmed three major milestones: Japanese RPG giant Square Enix will create role-playing games for Xbox 360, starting with Final Fantasy XI with full Xbox Live compatibility. The game' s content will remain the same, but obviously the graphics will see immense changes and improvements. Additional Square Enix games will follow."

Sony owning a small percentage of the company doesn' t stop Square-Enix from developing for other platforms, in fact, i doesn' t have anything to do with it. Square-Enix already have titles in development for 360...

Again from ign.com...

" Xbox has become a major force in videogame innovation, and we couldn' t be more captivated by the Xbox 360 canvas" Yoichi Wada, president of Square-Enix.

As for 360 apparent failure in Japan, it launched without DoA4 and sales have picked up drastically since it got it. Until it gets a couple more RPG' s, namely Blue Dragon and Lost Oddesy, and Rumble Roses xx etc, it' s sucess in the Japanese market can' t be determined.

It seems you' re just simply reapeating stuff you overheard and non-factual playground talk.

By the way, do you have a tv that displays 1080i?

Oh and the Warhawk footage was never confirmed to be ingame, and if it was then it wasn' t running on PS3 hardware since the devkits didn' t even exist then. They had Cell and an unfinished RSX chip.

Now even if you' re completely stupid, you should be able to make sense of this:

On Loading Times: The BD-Rom drive that' s going to be used in the PS3 has a speed of 36.5 MBits per second. 36.5megaBITS per second, not megaBYTES. 8bits=1byte=4.5megaBYTES per second. http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

This is because the technology for the drives will still be in it' s infancy when the ps3 is being launched.

That means in order to fill the 256MB cache (to load a decent sized race on GT4 let' s say) will take about 56 seconds of waiting.

To fill the same 256MB cache on the xbox 360' s 12x DVD drive read at 15.75MB/s (megabytes) = 15 seconds

I know you know your math.

On Cell: Not only is the cell processor going to jack up the price of the PS3 quite a bit. It' s greatly bottlenecked by the 512 MBs of L2 Cache (the 360 has twice that much L2 Cache).

For all the hype about the cell. Guess what, the processor means jack when it comes to gaming. 3 3.2 ghz cores vs. 1 3.2 ghz core and 7 PPEs mean nothing. What matters for gaming is the GPU. And most reports (anandtech etc.) state that the 360' s graphics card is almost a generation more advanced. This makes sense, ATI built the card from the ground up with technology that won' t make it' s way into PC cards for atleast an year or so. The NVIDEA card in the PS3 is identical to the card as what' ll be available for the PC in a month or two. The only thing that the cpu will actually matter for is the AI. And AI is more depenedent on L2 cache (this is what ultimately determines the number of simultanous algorithms you can run at any one time) than on processing speed. And guess what, the 360' s has twice the L2 cache of the PS3' s Cell!

On Price: Blu-ray wont be cheap! Cell won' t be cheap! Odds are, when the PS3 finally does come out, MS will lower the price a bit and the PS3 will cost a small fortune by comparison. The discs cost a small fortune to manufacture, don' t expect games under $70 atleast for an year or so, and if then you consider the development costs who knows!

On Development: No one has any experience working with the Cell. 7 PPEs, seriously, you think any developer is going to have any idea how to utilize them? Just making a game that uses dual processors takes a 50% larger budget. Meanwhile, developers are already raving about how much easier Microsoft' s standards and XNA development kits are making it to develop 360 games. And it' s a heck of a lot cheaper to manufacture the discs too. Even small developers with just $100,000 can make their own game and sell it via Xbox Live marketplace.

And as already mentioned the L2 cache of the PS3' s cell in miniscule. Most PC processors and the 360' s processor have twice the cache. To make a processor with half the cache and expect it to be shared among 7 PPEs is just asking for developers to curse Sony day and night.

On top of all this, by the time the PS3 launches, developers will have had loads of experience of utilizing the 360. Expect the 2nd generation 360 games using much smaller budgets to blow the first generation PS3 games out of the water graphically.

I know exactly what i' m talking about (studied games design remember!). Feel free to check the figures and developers comments, they' re all correct. Hype is what you' re basing your comments on, hype and half truthes!
QuezcatoL

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 08:34
Actually the warhawk video that showed up recently im sure is real,seeing how they said they sended out 4000 dev kits.

" At its pre-E3 news conference, Microsoft confirmed three major milestones: Japanese RPG giant Square Enix will create role-playing games for Xbox 360, starting with Final Fantasy XI with full Xbox Live compatibility. The game' s content will remain the same, but obviously the graphics will see immense changes and improvements. Additional Square Enix games will follow."

Yes a old ps2/pc port is a great game to the 360.
I heard the same thing about square-enix and GC,they promised a FF game and new relationship and instead made the horrible Final Fantasy Crystall and then lame ff ports to GBA to milk their products.

Im not a person who is a developer all i know is that all the most knowing dev has said ps3 is a little bit stronger but more complex to work with,but as carmack said,it will just be hard work,not more.

As for 360 apparent failure in Japan, it launched without DoA4 and sales have picked up drastically since it got it. Until it gets a couple more RPG' s, namely Blue Dragon and Lost Oddesy, and Rumble Roses xx etc, it' s sucess in the Japanese market can' t be determined.

I doubt very much doa4 will help much more,seeing how the xbox did not even sell over 400k.
Same with Ninja gaiden.
Oh rumble ross omg what a great game...your gaming taste is horrible apparently.
I mean the xbox did not even sell 400k,and game slike dragon quest 8 sold 1 million in japan on 1 day.
Blue dragon will be out when ps3 is out,i doubt very much people will go xbox360 when ps3 is out in japan.

And btw,yes im sure every track game in a racing game will take 1 min to load to a ps3,yes im sure off it.
Worse crap i ever read.

By the way, do you have a tv that displays 1080i?

np but is gonna order one soon.

On Price: Blu-ray wont be cheap! Cell won' t be cheap! Odds are, when the PS3 finally does come out, MS will lower the price a bit and the PS3 will cost a small fortune by comparison. The discs cost a small fortune to manufacture, don' t expect games under $70 atleast for an year or so, and if then you consider the development costs who knows!

im sur epeople who waited for ps3 wont even bother buying a 360 when that times comes,now would they?
As it is now every xbox/xbox360 game cost 80 dollar in sweden,ps2 games 65,so im not worried.
MS is a company who charge people for overpriced stuff.
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 09:04
I retract my comment about Warhawk not being ingame. I hadn' t realised there was a new video, i stand corrected. But...

Evidently you have very little technical knowledge that you can apply to your comments to form a valid case. When you look at PS3' s specs, it initially looks slightly more impressive than 360, since most people look at the processor speed rather than the GPU. But like i said, the GPU is the most important part of the console and MIcrosoft & ATi built the thing from the ground up using technology that' s not available on the market yet. Sony used existing technology from Nvidea and haven' t ended up with anything near as good as ATi. 360 GPU performance is double PS3' s expected.

If you understand anything about Blu-Ray, and i included a link to the official Blu-Ray faq for you, ...then you would see that because it' s new technology the drive doesn' t read as fast as even 360 DVD drive, meaning getting data from the disc to the console, then rendering it will take longer. That even my niece would understand!

PS3 titles just won' t look as good as 360' s, not for the first year since it takes 2 or 3 titles for developers to get used to the machines and come up with their own tools and good middeware. Since Microsoft provided a development environment, it means games can be put together quicker and easier, with no increase in development costs.

You can' t talk for others, you can only talk for yourself. Even if 360 does ultimately fail in Japan, Microsoft could easily beat Sony in the Western territories. But since DoA4 launched in Japan it' s already boosted console sales, not by much but it' s looking better. When more Japanese games hit, then we' ll know which way it will go.

You' re obviously entitled to your opinion, but if you' re just listening to Sony and their stupid 2 teraflop floating point performance garbage then you' ll be in for a rude awakening come E3.

Are there NO people here who understand the specs?
QuezcatoL

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 21, 2006 09:10
I' m not angry or hostile to you,i hope you dont got my post wrong,im going 360+ps3+nr ...

I think the key winning the console war is EUROPE,not japan,but MS is putting all effort into japan and fails,so dumb...
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 5 of 8, messages 81 to 100 of 144

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message