Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ps3 price. will it be worth it?
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 4 of 8, messages 61 to 80 of 144
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 01:54
Sony wouldn' t be able to afford to lose the amount of money that they would if they launched PS3 at less than $500. When you look at the technology that will be included in the console, specifically Blu-Ray, and the price that Blu-Ray players will be launching at i think the spectlautive price of $500 is realistic.

Some analysts are speculation higher than $500, some in the region of $700, which i think is highly unlikely. It really depend on who Sony are marketing it to. The PSX is a really good example of how even Sony can get it wrong. It was obvioulsy pushed towards an older audience, people that can spend huge amounts of money on HD-TV' s and lifestyle branded electronics equipment.

I just want to play games, but they' d have to have a REALLY superb line-up and a decent online strategy for me to pay $500 for the privlidge to play their games, using their format on their console.

Stopping companies from making Blu-Ray/HD-DVD hybrids wasn' t fair to people. I' m struggling to see where they' re headed with PS3, but i' m concerned it' s not where we all want them to go. I think they may just have a different agenda.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And nobody go correcting Gangsta on Shenmue, he' s already proved that he knows what he is talking about!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 18 Jan 06 9:59:29 >
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 02:11
]GaNgStA[ That really is messed up but here in the US is easier, based on what you say
But I peronally would have to choose between eating and a ps2
If you have a good job then that is different.
And that is if I don' t have pay for anything else.

And that only matters if you can find a job.
That job can hopefully pay you enough to eat with enough hours.
(I am kind of greedy, altough not gluttonous)
But that' s just where I live. it is very different in different areas.

And I trully believe what you said but...

This only the land of opportunity if you have money or connection IMO (I lack them both lol).
I see the US as the Land of The Market.
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 03:24
Hmmmm, so will you buy a PS3 then?
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 03:38
No that is unless it gets Shenmue or Guardian Heroes 2 (heck I' ll take the original again).

Not at first any way
Somebody else will get it and I' ll play their' s
there are not many games that I must play but will try others.

But if it comes at a cheap price, then heck yeah.
< Message edited by Kannon -- 18 Jan 06 11:40:28 >
bobbers

• Total Posts : 8
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 04:15
i' ll buy whatever console shenmue comes to. It' s probably going to the 360, but if it comes to the ps3, that' d be great since i' ve always been a playstation fan.
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 05:46
I don' t see why it would probably be 360...

Who knows, it could go to any of the trio!

What we can expect though is it to be exclusive to whatever platform it' s released on. Revolution, judging by Yu' s comments about it being toylike, is the least likely candidate.

I don' t understand that though, especially with Nintendo looking to have major Japanese support BECAUSE of what they' re doing.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 06:06
Kannon - I' m talking about many people in Eastern Europe - my life comparing to theirs is a fairy tale so I don' t complain :)

About shenmue - Yu Suzuki wants to make games for the most powerful system - he said that - and like I said before in his eyes it' s PS3.

However that decision doesn' t belong to him.Add to that Sony' s lack of interest in series that never sold well.

I wonder if MS will want it after failure of Shen 2.

The only reason I wanted it for Revo is that this game is all about interaction and from what I read - playing on this controller is like magic - just you and the game' s world - you don' t even feel the controller.

I hope my judgement will be the same somwhere in 2006 :)
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 06:47
I truly wish that one day. game designers would just suck up and make a total compatibility system. realistic. no. big-brother-ish yes, but think of all the die-hard playstation fans that would stop ragging on halo, think of the die hard halo-fans that would stop raggin on the legend of zeld... oh wait nevermind, It would be awesome. and even if they couldn' t make a universal one. how bout an affordable one. what for all of the middle-class & lower who can barely afford a ps2, no less one of these. i think that sony and microsoft worked on graphics,instead of advertising for the household market, which will i think be a roadblock for them in the long one
]GaNgStA[

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 06:58
It isn' t unrealistic.IT is inevitable.
Like movies before them games will have one system that will be made by many manufacturers - Sony , Sharp , Yamaha :).
One unified system in different configurations (but not different performance) for all the games.

I hope to live long enough to see it :)
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 07:00
Eddie...

...i think you should get a Revolution. That' s your best bet. Just ignore everything else and buy yourself a sparkly nice ' n' shiny Revolution. The size of just 3 DVD cases don' t you know?! From those gaming genius' s at Nintendo. I promise, you won' t regret it!
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 18 Jan 06 15:01:24 >
]GaNgStA[

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 07:03
plus it could be as cheap as 150$
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 07:07

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

plus it could be as cheap as 150$

That' s £84.82. But, in th UK, if it costs 150 USD then it will retail for about £150, which is 265.26 USD. But £150 is still really cheap for a console here so nobody' s complaining. Just shows how cheap they sell things for in the States though...
]GaNgStA[

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 08:29
yeah ...those guys earn more and everything is cheaper - How cool is that? :)
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 10:20
okay , all you hidden nintendo sales reps can come out now. but with all seriousness, i love my GC, and am going to pre-order the revo asap. but at this point. right or wrong, nintendo is not focused on graphics, i' m not expecting much in that department, but the games, i mean, holy shirts and pants, they' ve got what, mario, Resident evil, Starfox, Zelda :), all of these great titles that were just itching to be light-gunned with that sw33t revolution controller. but now the mainstream side of me kicks in. where you know, i want the best graphics possible, and nothing against the x-box, but it came out earlier, so natural course of action is that ps3 is going to have more development time, therefore, most likely better graphics. i mean hey, i' m non-partisan, i started off on a super NES in one room, a playstation in the other, and a microsoft compy downstairs so i' m looking for the most gameage for my money.
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 18, 2006 21:54
Nintendo don' t have Resident Evil. While Capcom DID release 2 exclusive Resident Evil Games on Gamecube, and 1 time exclusive, Capcom seem focused on both the PS3 and 360 versions of Resident Evil 5, the 360 exclusive Lost Planet and PS3 exclusive Devil May Cry 4.

While Capcom games will likely make Revolution (N5), they don' t as of yet have Resident Evil.

Revolution (N5) will be using a highly advanced kind of displacement mapping (incidently similar to that used in RE4) that they' ve patented, so i actually expect Revolution (N5) games to look as good as 360 launch titles, without high definition support.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 19, 2006 00:17
i didn' t get a GC last time around but this time I' m ready to get the rev and ready to pay for the old skool games. Can' t wait to play ninja gaiden II and watch those sick cutscenes and that amazing music, god do i love the music from that game...
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 19, 2006 03:48
I hope Ninja Gaiden 2 is harder than Ninja Gaiden Black too. Just make it insanely hard so only the very best will be able to finish it!

Damn, i gotta play Black again now...
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 19, 2006 04:02
Majik, I think there has been a missunderstanding. Everything is said about ninja gaiden holds tru to the new one on the xbox also, which I really really really like. But i was talking about the 2d versions, Ninja Gaiden (which i don' t like), Ninja Gaiden II and Ninja Gaiden III. The second one is my favorite, the cutscenes are well drawn out in my opinion, the storyline is good and the music is addictive.

Hey u know I haven' t played the hurricane packs or black and I been thinking about getting black. I' ve gone through ninja gaiden 2wice so far, is there anything worth playing in the black edition?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 19, 2006 08:00
props to killer, the old-school ninja gaiden' s are pretty sweet, that, along with mario, final fantasy:mystic quest, doom and starfox are the only reasons i bust out the old consoles. but what does evryone think about the new ninja gaiden? i haven' t played it but it looks good. and anyways, to clear up any misconseptions, when i said that RE was for nintendo, i was only implying that nintendo had the most RE titles and in my opinion is going to be best on the revolution. LIGHTGUN ACTION! zombie lightgun action! Who agrees?
Nitro

RE: ps3 price. will it be worth it? - Jan 19, 2006 11:36
No, Eddie, i understood what you meant. What you don' t seem to get is that NO Resident Evil game has been announced for Revolution, or likely will be announced in the near future.

With the DS port of the original and RE5, Capcom won' t announce any other RE games yet. Gun Survivor sucked ass too!

And technically, Sony has had the most RE games...
Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 4 of 8, messages 61 to 80 of 144

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message