Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan?
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 65
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 09:09
360 is doomed
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 09:44

M$ are better leaveing the jap market and wait untill they can buy sega. re-enter it with them on the helm.

Given that Sega' s intellectual properties weren' t able to help the Dreamcast in Japan, I SERIOUSLY doubt they' ll help the 360
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 09:49

Xp launched in 2001 by the way. 13 years ago we still had windows 3.11. If you had done much work with OS you' d know that XP is actually pretty decent for what it is. Prior to my current job as a lecturer I' d been a network manager, so we can talk OS politics all you want.

I never said xp wasent great i said all os before xp were unstable xp is great and very stable but i dislike the interface thats all Xp rocks windows 3.11 lol now thats funny i rember playing Solataire on that Good Times

Every time you open your mouth you bring up year old hype / spin or garbage. I bet you' d even consider breaking your console deliberately just to show people how crap MS are!

Naw man lifes not that deep i like M$ but i dislike some of the things they do i think im entitiled to that
I would like to tell you to Shut the Fuck up
but man really I' m trying to live an better life
Be cool man and have an nice one

and yes I love the ps3 so what i want hide that

360 is doomed

Naw They still have room to grow

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 22:09
...don' t the japanese hate first person shooters?... ....releasing a gaming machine were the majority of releases are sub par halo rip-offs can' t help can it?......

...also i' m pretty sure the japanese are pretty keen on their consoles lasting more than three years too......

Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 22:59
you know what mikayd, I think your right.

I had to mark another 100 exam papers yesterday, it really gets to me, as I am this big sword of failure hanging over their heads. If some of them do badly I need an outlet, you just posted at the wrong time!

So apologies if i was too arsey! regardless of the irrelevant banter that was going on - iI' ll bit my tongue next time...

As for the far east - If you can market a product so mercilessly, so heavily and with such massive financial backing that you can make it seem effortless - then you have a winner!

MS tries too hard with Japan in the wrong ways - and has ended up looking out of their depth. They need chic advertising, in an Apple sort of style to win over there - the WOW MAN THIS WILL BLOW YOU FACE OFF tactic works stunningly in the west - but they need to shift to a new tack over there, otherwise they will end up throwing good money after bad. It' s Sony' s / Nintendo' s stronghold - to succeed they need to come over as different, not a westernised Pre-PS3 clone. (not the way I feel obviously!)

XBOX owes most of its success to Halo - they didnt fly there as well as it did over here - they need Japanese IP which not just imitates, but leaves the rest of the japanese industry flailing helplessly in their wake!

is that going to happen anytime soon? Erm... I cant see it...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 23:05

I had to mark another 100 exam papers yesterday, it really gets to me, as I am this big sword of failure hanging over their heads. If some of them do badly I need an outlet, you just posted at the wrong time!

What do you teach? hmmmm... I Offical hate you if you fail people at a percent behind the pass level.

Anyway, Xbox In Japan just needs a ' Gay sex Anime Guy/Girl/Girl/Guy/Jap Business man combo adventure' . then it would sell.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 22 Aug 06 15:06:34 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 23:15
I' ve read that a majority of the japanese (over 90%) believe that they are superior in technology, culture and as a race to any other nation/race/civilization. The numbers are from somewhere between 1985-1995 but there shouldn' t be a huge difference since then.
We usually laugh at them when they visit as tourists since they look funny with their cameras and sandals but it' s actually the japanese who laughs at us because they feel other countries are primitive by comparison.
I think that descibes the chances of something foreign succeeding in Japan.

To sum it up - 360 is a typical American console - like american cars - it' s extremely POWERFUL while beeing rough around the edges.

Sounds like a perfect description of the PS3
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 22 Aug 06 15:16:26 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 23:38
Ginjiroui,get a 360
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 00:30

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Anyway, Xbox In Japan just needs a ' Gay sex Anime Guy/Girl/Girl/Guy/Jap Business man combo adventure' . then it would sell.

Oh yea I heard those are very popular over there.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 00:46
It' s true, japanese people like to have characters they can imagine they will
sleep with.. Marcus Phoenix, Master Chief aren' t really to their taste..

-Weird pink-like objects (kirby) resemble a perfectly shaped breast..

-The Final Fantasy men all look like girls but are guys, so both genders can enjoy.

-Japanese are also fond of the tiniest most energetic characters ()

-Y' see with the american characters, it leaves nothing to the imagination when you' re
a man, you' re a man... When you' re a woman, you have ALL the best assets..

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:00

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Pff, everyone does that. Every character in every movie or comic is made as sexy as possible. Even Disney, I mean look at Jasmine or Esmeralda from Alladdin/The Hunchback.
Japan has got a slightly different view of what' s sexy though. Gackt... GACKT!!! WTF!?!?!?!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:30

I' ve read that a majority of the japanese (over 90%) believe that they are superior in technology, culture and as a race to any other nation/race/civilization.

...isn' t that called patriotism ?....
dasher232

RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:35
I can' t say iv' e ever been attracted to a fictional based character...but do know people who were crazy over jessica rabbit and laura croft.

-Weird pink-like objects (kirby) resemble a perfectly shaped breast..

-The Final Fantasy men all look like girls but are guys, so both genders can enjoy.

I find it really strange that a lot of girls actually like the girly boy look. I use to know this girl that would sketch the weirdest things (to me anyway) but I guess it' s down to personal preferences as they say.
Tiz

RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:38
Didn' t someone say that Inphyy' s chest is " pudding-ish" on the forums once?
There are some people on the net that can' t contain their love for Kasumi in any
longer they just have to post it, and they also ask if they need help..

Most of these losers likely reside in Japan..

dasher232

RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:45

Didn' t someone say that Inphyy' s chest is " pudding-ish" on the forums once?
There are some people on the net that can' t contain their love for Kasumi in any
longer they just have to post it, and they also ask if they need help..

Most of these losers likely reside in Japan..

Yeah I swear ...don' t quote me though but I think musashi commented on her ' ' pudding-ish' ' assets. As for the kasumi thing I can' t remember which forum I was in ages ago and there was this guy that had like miniture dolls of kasumi, ayane, tina...well all the doa girls I think...is that obsessive do you think?.
Tiz

RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:50
It wasn' t musashi, I think musashi commented after the guy posted the " pudding-ish" comment.

As for the kasumi thing I can' t remember which forum I was in ages ago and there was this guy that had like miniture dolls of kasumi, ayane, tina...well all the doa girls I think...is that obsessive do you think?.

Not obsessive, but downright scary...

He was japanese wasn' t he?
dasher232

RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:52

Not obsessive, but downright scary...

He was japanese wasn' t he?

Yup...oh by the way sorry musashi I thought it was you for some reason.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 02:33
Japs have a completely different way of thinking than us, they dont view murder and crimes the same as us.

I find it irionic that one of the best loved series in Japan, Mgs, is based on America, while the Real Americans cant even survive in the market.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 02:36
I did refer to the previous post about pudding-ish breasts, questioning their edibility! (is that a word?)

Lik sang were doing a compeition, or it might have been play asia - i forget - but anyways, It was like some lucky dip - and it was the first thing (apart from £10 on the lottery) I have ever won... A mahosive Kasumi figure, with her breasts pretty much hanging out as she was pulling up her stockings - now, you see I thought It was a bit of fun - then I found out how much these things retail for!!!

Much to my gf' s distate the original pudding breasts are on display in the bedroom, boxed waiting for it to become ultra rare and collectable - then ebay here we come**

I love the word pudding now! I used to know this chap (ex student) who claimed he loved 2 DOA girls. I think he is in rehab now for drug offences...

It' s not just the japanese, it' s escapism for a lot of people I think.

Come to think of it, anyone here know anyone into cosplay?!

** If i dont " fall in love with them first.
< Message edited by musashi -- 22 Aug 06 18:40:30 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 03:42

Given that Sega' s intellectual properties weren' t able to help the Dreamcast in Japan, I SERIOUSLY doubt they' ll help the 360

the DC failed because it didnt have a dvd player.
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 22 Aug 06 19:42:48 >
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 65

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread