What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan?

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 65
QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 04:21
August 7 - 13, 2006
--------------------------
Nintendo DS Lite - 196,719
PSP - 41,289
PS2 - 26,547
Game Boy Advance SP - 3,051
Game Boy Micro - 2,031
X360 - 1,204
GameCube - 940
Nintendo DS - 934
Game Boy Advance - 23
Xbox - 6

Okay that ps2 breaks constantly and force japanese people to re-buy their ps2 is not something new,but look at xbox360-1200 consoles sold? wtf?!

And look at xbox--- 6 copies?

You kidding me?
I don' t see even sakaguchis games as even a small chance to save 360... in Japan.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 04:42
WOW!!! Looks like sales of the original Xbox have doubled since last time!!!!
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Aug 06 20:43:06 >
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

QuezcatoL
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 04:43
Actually majik bought 4 of them.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
  • Reward points : 0
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 04:52

Okay that ps2 breaks constantly and force japanese people to re-buy their ps2 is not something new,but look at xbox360-1200 consoles sold? wtf?!

Oh God ...it' s getting worse Quez - I suggest some Brain Training.

to save 360:

1.Redesign - japanese people , above all other nations , care about their system looks - they are crazy when it comes to this and that' s why they get all those color variations and shit

.I think 360 isn' t appealing to them in it' s design - it' s better than the original Xbox in that aspect, but still far from what it should be.

2.More user friendly (non-Microsoft) approach to interface, menus and everything (compare 360 menu and PS3 menu - it may be cool for HC gamers , but it' s complicated for no reason) - it' s a gaming system , not a PC with another Semi Windows.

3.Above all - software.I don' t think it' s about RPG genre - it' s about Japanese approach to game design.It' s not always good , but it' s always specific.I don' y know how to explain.Our Eu and US games are made differently and maybe it' s as hard for them to enjoy them as it is for some gamers to enjoy japanese games (I mean the good ones ofcourse)

To sum it up - 360 is a typical American console - like american cars - it' s extremely POWERFUL while beeing rough around the edges.

They don' t like that - their cars for instance are not only powerful but have great breaking,drifting and cornering performance while achieving comparable horsepower in much lower engine capacity.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Aug 06 20:54:27 >

QuezcatoL
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 04:57
Hmm.
The dashboard is extremly simple and easy to use over 360.
Japanese people should love it.

Some people say japanese people doesnt like american products because of the war ,when USA dropped 2 nukes on them.
But i don' t buy that.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 21 Aug 06 20:57:38 >

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 05:20
I think it was MEGA STUPID of M$ not to offer SEGA mega bucks for the Exclusive rights For VF5...

Instead they thought DOA would be a better investment.. Did M$ really think the Japanese market Care for DOA?? lol

QuezcatoL
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 05:22
Yeah,or atleast sega.

What im hoping for is that MS pay TMW2 for the 360.
Yes i have no problem wuth it coming to ps3 either.

I mean BMFE2 is a living proof that controlling batallions is no problem with a handcontroller.

mikayd2
  • Total Posts : 1129
  • Reward points : 13085
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 05:45

like the 360 Dosent have Problems lol Rember the red lights

To sum it up - 360 is a typical American console - like american cars - it' s extremely POWERFUL while beeing rough around the edges.

They don' t like that - their cars for instance are not only powerful but have great breaking,drifting and cornering performance while achieving comparable horsepower in much lower engine capacity.

Very True 360 is like an mustang and nothing more than an mustang

More user friendly (non-Microsoft) approach to interface, menus and everything (compare 360 menu and PS3 menu - it may be cool for HC gamers , but it' s complicated for no reason) - it' s a gaming system , not a PC with another Semi Windows.

True An non-microsoft interface would have been nice ya know

Hmm.
The dashboard is extremly simple and easy to use over 360.
Japanese people should love it.

Yeah right its way to complicated for an Console i mean what happens when an 8 year old trys to set his 360 the he wants it hell it will take him all day the os ms makes suck to me hell took em 12 years for an stable xp os to come around there hasent been on stable os before then and please dont say sever 2003 that really dosent count

QuezcatoL
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 05:47

Yeah right its way to complicated for an Console i mean what happens when an 8 year old trys to set his 360 the he wants it hell it will take him all day the os ms makes suck to me hell took em 12 years for an stable xp os to come around there hasent been on stable os before then and please dont say sever 2003 that really dosent count

??

immortaldanmx
  • Total Posts : 2966
  • Reward points : 9215
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 06:03
Mikay, are you paid by Sony, fucking retarded, or sarcastic. Please, just choose one.
I dont want to celebrate, I want to sell you hate.

]GaNgStA[
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 06:10
I can' t agree with this - it' s far from complicated - it' s just unintuitive - it' s what apple always had better than MS - user friendly interfaces.

It looks nice , but it' s so totally MS... PS3 has a very functional menu comparing to that.

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Aug 06 22:11:23 >

Terry Bogard
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 06:15
Microsoft needs to do one thing in order to change the situation in Japan.. And that' s get the next big Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest games exclusive for the 360... But since the ground will open up and swallow all of New York City before that ever happens, I guess all they can really do is pray
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Aug 06 22:16:28 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 06:21
Especially since Dragon Quest 9 for PS2 (yes PS2) is more than possible.

I think it' s not about RPGs - nintendo sells much better and they rarely have good RPGs for their systems.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Aug 06 22:22:25 >

mikayd2
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 06:29
Nope Neither i was just stateing what i feel thats all And yes i own an 360

Mikay, are you paid by Sony, fucking retarded, or sarcastic. Please, just choose one.

Please bro stop With all the Negative talk Im trying to be an peaceful man I could have told you to suck my d*&^ but i want So please refrain From the negative talk

Thanks I Appreciate that

I think Ms Will Do fine in the future they just have to try harder thats all
< Message edited by mikayd2 -- 21 Aug 06 22:31:34 >

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 07:35

Um, my 10 year old newphew plays xbox360 fine by himself.

You' re pretty fucking retarded if you think it' s complicated. Any 12 year old nowadays has access to computers and nows how to operate windows, so it' s pretty fucking stupid to think they can' t operate an xbox360.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 21 Aug 06 23:36:03 >

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 07:50

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Um, my 10 year old newphew plays xbox360 fine by himself.

You' re pretty fucking retarded if you think it' s complicated. Any 12 year old nowadays has access to computers and nows how to operate windows, so it' s pretty fucking stupid to think they can' t operate an xbox360.

Thank you not meaning to be offensive to anyone but the whole ' ' it' s complicated' ' argument is garbish either people are really brain dead these days or well just looking for an excause. For one thing there' s thumbnails so you know what you' re looking for and can locate it simple. Second even one of my friend' s sons (who' s 7) can and uses it with hardly any problems. Also every page has a different picture/look so you don' t stare at the same background. Again not meaning to sound patronising but can someone explain what' s had about it?.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 21 Aug 06 23:56:02 >

Ikashiru
  • Total Posts : 649
  • Reward points : 24890
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 08:14

ORIGINAL: immortaldanmx

I agree completely with all three - which do I choose!?

- Xp launched in 2001 by the way. 13 years ago we still had windows 3.11. If you had done much work with OS you' d know that XP is actually pretty decent for what it is. Prior to my current job as a lecturer I' d been a network manager, so we can talk OS politics all you want.

If I a new fileserver product came out and a few early models had a couple of issues with red lights or similar - I' d accept it and if the product was good I' d move on and sell it on it' s strengths.

Every time you open your mouth you bring up year old hype / spin or garbage. I bet you' d even consider breaking your console deliberately just to show people how crap MS are!

Try for a whole week not to slate MS, and not to big up PS3.. bet you cant do it!

Be neutral for a week?

The 360 wont sell in Japan, not because it is American - but because it is not home grown.

The Japanese are not interested in much other content either on the whole, The west likes content from worldwide developers and hardware vendors. They just like their own.

Narrow minded or not they make fantastic titles, but they shouldnt be so blinkered to innovation from elsewhere.

Short of MS sewing up some unprecidented exclusivity deals I cant see it happning for any foreign manufacturer ever...

Actually I think the 360 being a niche console over there must be pretty kewl...
< Message edited by musashi -- 22 Aug 06 0:21:45 >

dasher232
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 08:25
I really think the approach they took with japan should have been mirrored in other territories i.e the football theme set up and the rest. I agree with the comment about them not ever going to be popular there to me they just came off more desperate than appealing. As much as I like blue dragon I think it' s gonna end up like n3 to the japanese a few that have the console will buy it won' t generate enough interest for new buyers but will do well in the west, would like to be wrong.

here' s probably another reason why people stay away

Warning xrated...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uclrGVlopVk

and thats your typical convo on xbl.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 22 Aug 06 0:49:27 >

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 08:53
The reason the 360 is failing is becuase its American, Many Japs are too proud to buy ' foreign' electroincs, most of the big brand names [Sony, Nintendo, etc.] are based there and allways fair better on their home ground.

M$ are better leaveing the jap market and wait untill they can buy sega. re-enter it with them on the helm.
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

dasher232
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 08:55

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

M$ are better leaveing the jap market and wait untill they can buy sega. re-enter it with them on the helm.

That' s what I think minus the sega team up so much. They need to grow their own catalogue of stuff put bungie and lionhead to good use.

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 09:09
360 is doomed

Terry Bogard
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 09:44

Given that Sega' s intellectual properties weren' t able to help the Dreamcast in Japan, I SERIOUSLY doubt they' ll help the 360

mikayd2
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 09:49

Xp launched in 2001 by the way. 13 years ago we still had windows 3.11. If you had done much work with OS you' d know that XP is actually pretty decent for what it is. Prior to my current job as a lecturer I' d been a network manager, so we can talk OS politics all you want.

I never said xp wasent great i said all os before xp were unstable xp is great and very stable but i dislike the interface thats all Xp rocks windows 3.11 lol now thats funny i rember playing Solataire on that Good Times

Every time you open your mouth you bring up year old hype / spin or garbage. I bet you' d even consider breaking your console deliberately just to show people how crap MS are!

Naw man lifes not that deep i like M$ but i dislike some of the things they do i think im entitiled to that
I would like to tell you to Shut the Fuck up
but man really I' m trying to live an better life
Be cool man and have an nice one

and yes I love the ps3 so what i want hide that

360 is doomed

Naw They still have room to grow

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 22:09
...don' t the japanese hate first person shooters?... ....releasing a gaming machine were the majority of releases are sub par halo rip-offs can' t help can it?......

...also i' m pretty sure the japanese are pretty keen on their consoles lasting more than three years too......

Currently accepting Article & Review requests

Ikashiru
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 22:59
you know what mikayd, I think your right.

I had to mark another 100 exam papers yesterday, it really gets to me, as I am this big sword of failure hanging over their heads. If some of them do badly I need an outlet, you just posted at the wrong time!

So apologies if i was too arsey! regardless of the irrelevant banter that was going on - iI' ll bit my tongue next time...

As for the far east - If you can market a product so mercilessly, so heavily and with such massive financial backing that you can make it seem effortless - then you have a winner!

MS tries too hard with Japan in the wrong ways - and has ended up looking out of their depth. They need chic advertising, in an Apple sort of style to win over there - the WOW MAN THIS WILL BLOW YOU FACE OFF tactic works stunningly in the west - but they need to shift to a new tack over there, otherwise they will end up throwing good money after bad. It' s Sony' s / Nintendo' s stronghold - to succeed they need to come over as different, not a westernised Pre-PS3 clone. (not the way I feel obviously!)

XBOX owes most of its success to Halo - they didnt fly there as well as it did over here - they need Japanese IP which not just imitates, but leaves the rest of the japanese industry flailing helplessly in their wake!

is that going to happen anytime soon? Erm... I cant see it...

Silentbomber
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 23:05

I had to mark another 100 exam papers yesterday, it really gets to me, as I am this big sword of failure hanging over their heads. If some of them do badly I need an outlet, you just posted at the wrong time!

What do you teach? hmmmm... I Offical hate you if you fail people at a percent behind the pass level.

Anyway, Xbox In Japan just needs a ' Gay sex Anime Guy/Girl/Girl/Guy/Jap Business man combo adventure' . then it would sell.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 22 Aug 06 15:06:34 >

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 23:15
I' ve read that a majority of the japanese (over 90%) believe that they are superior in technology, culture and as a race to any other nation/race/civilization. The numbers are from somewhere between 1985-1995 but there shouldn' t be a huge difference since then.
We usually laugh at them when they visit as tourists since they look funny with their cameras and sandals but it' s actually the japanese who laughs at us because they feel other countries are primitive by comparison.
I think that descibes the chances of something foreign succeeding in Japan.

Sounds like a perfect description of the PS3
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 22 Aug 06 15:16:26 >

QuezcatoL
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 22, 2006 23:38
Ginjiroui,get a 360

dasher232
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 00:30

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber

Anyway, Xbox In Japan just needs a ' Gay sex Anime Guy/Girl/Girl/Guy/Jap Business man combo adventure' . then it would sell.

Oh yea I heard those are very popular over there.

Tiz
  • Total Posts : 3158
  • Reward points : 10675
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 00:46
It' s true, japanese people like to have characters they can imagine they will
sleep with.. Marcus Phoenix, Master Chief aren' t really to their taste..

-Weird pink-like objects (kirby) resemble a perfectly shaped breast..

-The Final Fantasy men all look like girls but are guys, so both genders can enjoy.

-Japanese are also fond of the tiniest most energetic characters ()

-Y' see with the american characters, it leaves nothing to the imagination when you' re
a man, you' re a man... When you' re a woman, you have ALL the best assets..

There are two rules to success:

1. Never tell all you know.

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:00

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Pff, everyone does that. Every character in every movie or comic is made as sexy as possible. Even Disney, I mean look at Jasmine or Esmeralda from Alladdin/The Hunchback.
Japan has got a slightly different view of what' s sexy though. Gackt... GACKT!!! WTF!?!?!?!

Bishonen
  • Total Posts : 1718
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:30

I' ve read that a majority of the japanese (over 90%) believe that they are superior in technology, culture and as a race to any other nation/race/civilization.

...isn' t that called patriotism ?....
Currently accepting Article & Review requests

dasher232
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:35
I can' t say iv' e ever been attracted to a fictional based character...but do know people who were crazy over jessica rabbit and laura croft.

-Weird pink-like objects (kirby) resemble a perfectly shaped breast..

-The Final Fantasy men all look like girls but are guys, so both genders can enjoy.

I find it really strange that a lot of girls actually like the girly boy look. I use to know this girl that would sketch the weirdest things (to me anyway) but I guess it' s down to personal preferences as they say.

Tiz
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:38
Didn' t someone say that Inphyy' s chest is " pudding-ish" on the forums once?
There are some people on the net that can' t contain their love for Kasumi in any
longer they just have to post it, and they also ask if they need help..

Most of these losers likely reside in Japan..

dasher232
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:45

Didn' t someone say that Inphyy' s chest is " pudding-ish" on the forums once?
There are some people on the net that can' t contain their love for Kasumi in any
longer they just have to post it, and they also ask if they need help..

Most of these losers likely reside in Japan..

Yeah I swear ...don' t quote me though but I think musashi commented on her ' ' pudding-ish' ' assets. As for the kasumi thing I can' t remember which forum I was in ages ago and there was this guy that had like miniture dolls of kasumi, ayane, tina...well all the doa girls I think...is that obsessive do you think?.

Tiz
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:50
It wasn' t musashi, I think musashi commented after the guy posted the " pudding-ish" comment.

As for the kasumi thing I can' t remember which forum I was in ages ago and there was this guy that had like miniture dolls of kasumi, ayane, tina...well all the doa girls I think...is that obsessive do you think?.

Not obsessive, but downright scary...

He was japanese wasn' t he?

dasher232
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 01:52

Not obsessive, but downright scary...

He was japanese wasn' t he?

Yup...oh by the way sorry musashi I thought it was you for some reason.

Silentbomber
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 02:33
Japs have a completely different way of thinking than us, they dont view murder and crimes the same as us.

I find it irionic that one of the best loved series in Japan, Mgs, is based on America, while the Real Americans cant even survive in the market.

Ikashiru
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 02:36
I did refer to the previous post about pudding-ish breasts, questioning their edibility! (is that a word?)

Lik sang were doing a compeition, or it might have been play asia - i forget - but anyways, It was like some lucky dip - and it was the first thing (apart from £10 on the lottery) I have ever won... A mahosive Kasumi figure, with her breasts pretty much hanging out as she was pulling up her stockings - now, you see I thought It was a bit of fun - then I found out how much these things retail for!!!

Much to my gf' s distate the original pudding breasts are on display in the bedroom, boxed waiting for it to become ultra rare and collectable - then ebay here we come**

I love the word pudding now! I used to know this chap (ex student) who claimed he loved 2 DOA girls. I think he is in rehab now for drug offences...

It' s not just the japanese, it' s escapism for a lot of people I think.

Come to think of it, anyone here know anyone into cosplay?!

** If i dont " fall in love with them first.
< Message edited by musashi -- 22 Aug 06 18:40:30 >

mastachefbkw
  • Total Posts : 3793
  • Reward points : 13680
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 03:42

Given that Sega' s intellectual properties weren' t able to help the Dreamcast in Japan, I SERIOUSLY doubt they' ll help the 360

the DC failed because it didnt have a dvd player.
< Message edited by mastachefbkw -- 22 Aug 06 19:42:48 >

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 65