Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan?
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 65 of 65
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 16:52

Do you guys have any idea what the games on 360 looks like in Japan?

Pretty bad actually. The majority of Japan specific titles " look" terrible. They' ve got Sengoku Musou 2, Bomberman Act: Zero (will be released worldwide), Shutokou Battle X, Zega Pain XOR, Every Party, Love Football, Spectral Force 3, Wrestle Kingdom, Tetris: The Grand Master, Zoids Infinity EX Neo, and Mahjong and Sudoku games. Then there are the games like N3 and Bullet Witch that will be released worldwide.

They do have the majority of sports releases and games like NFS:MW, Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter, DoA4, Kameo, PDZ and a handful of other titles we already have. They don' t however have Dead Rising yet which i find really strange and they' ve been crying out for a localized version of Oblivion and Microsoft have ignored them.

I think Japan is a lost cause for Microsoft, ...i think Wii will be the console of choice there and that PS3 will sell comparable numbers. Microsoft has very little to offer and even the large roster of Japanese developed titles that will be developed for 360 won' t help things much. Xbox had some awesome Japanese titles; DoA3/U, Ninja Gaiden/Black, Otogi/2, Phantom Dust etc and yet they didn' t shift console like you' d expect.
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 17:42
Blue Dragon will easily sell 600,000-800,000 Xbox 360s in japan between now and december 07 (I' m serious too)

Does anyone have any idea what Okamoto' s secret 360 title is? I' m guessing.. given how secretive he' s being about it that it could be really incredible.

Does anyone even know what Tri-Ace' s secret 360 rpg looks like?

Mark my words that Square Enix has surprises in store for the Xbox 360 they will not ignore capcom' s success on the 360 without attempting to challenge capcom in a 360 market that will have 15+ million users come june of next year.

X06? Microsoft will have tons of surprises :D
< Message edited by dyack -- 23 Aug 06 9:47:02 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 17:42
Oblivion is also out in Jpn,or atleast it' s not region coded.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 18:09
I think that it' s Japan who should be worried , not MS - soon Japan will stop being the world' s capital of gaming and that' s only because they blindly support their domestic products.

It may not happen this gen , but it will eventually - they aren' t as important as they used to be.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: What need MS to do about 360' s situation in Japan? - Aug 23, 2006 18:14

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

I think that it' s Japan who should be worried , not MS - soon Japan will stop being the world' s capital of gaming and that' s only because they blindly support their domestic products.

It may not happen this gen , but it will eventually - they aren' t as important as they used to be.

Agreed, even Kojma has realised it, it is also the reason SEGA came out with
a westernised Sonic game (SHadow the c*ckhog).. Capcom have also stated that
Resident EVil 5 will only be released on the 360 in America and Europe, but not
Japan...

Feel sorry for all those people in Japan that bought a 360, they' ll be missing out..
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 65 of 65

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message