Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii?
Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 101 to 111 of 111
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 09:38
I have an xbox360 and will buy a PS3, Wii is garbage so I' m avoiding it.

Well I may get it if it' s like $200, just to play zelda at launch.

I' m not getting a PS3 at launch because early PS1s and PS2s sucked ass and broke down becoming unusable within a few years, so I will wait till they sort the hardware defects, so I might as well get the Wii while I wait.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 24 Aug 06 1:50:45 >
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 10:45

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost
Take a looks at Cod3, 24 players online, advanced physics,AI,size of levels,more interaction with environment,functional effects,more realistic models,more authentic everything. Cod3 is going to be wicked on pc/360/ps3, but on Wii, well it won' t be the same game.

Yeah it won' t be the same game, you' ll be using the Wiimote to actually point and aim at your intended target and then shoot him, much more intuitive then the ' auto aim to compensate for an outdated control method' standard controller for 360 and ps3. PCs use a mouse & keyboard an does not require the auto aim cop-out function.

Better yet look at a game like Huxley. Servers (cities) that fit 5000 people who live in a persistant world, gaining Exp., trading weapons/armor, up to 200 player matches 100 vs. 100 at a time! . Wii could not support such a game, at least not one comparable with huxley for 360/pc.

Well until i see what Nintendo will do online i won' t speculate. I don' t know how you can apparently know that Wii could not support games ' like this' but i don' t know either so its pointless making this comment. I will admit that its more then likely XBL will provide the better online experience (for a price), but i have high hopes for Wiis online functions.

Its not just the graphics that seperate 360 and ps3 from the other generations its the feel,physics,the size, the scope and the gameplay possibilities. Infact I will go so far as to say that 360 and ps3 open up more doors with more proccessing power and more ram then Wii with its controller.

LOL, i do agree that improving graphics is important to creating an impersive experience, but gameplay possibilities? Aren' t ps3 and 360 using the same controller as previous generations? So what other gameplay possibilities are there? DIfferent button combinations? Please elaborate.

I' m sure that the Wiimore will accomodate some very unique and fun gaming experiences but when you want to play a traditional game the Wiimote won' t save you from the fact that you' re still playing last years FPS or last years Whatever. I' d rather play the latest and greatest like Gears of War, Huxley or MGS4 than GameCube quality remakes with the Wii controller. I' m not saying Wii will suck, I' m just saying that if I could only pick one console it wouldn' t be a Wii, it would be my second.

If thats what you prefer go for it. 360 and ps3 are going to have some games Wii ain' t, with state of the art graphics (well until ATI & Nvidia comeout with the newest graphics cards, so not for very long) that will definately make me a little jealous. However i am more excited on the Wiis potential to ' revolutionise' the way we interact with games, at an (apparently) affordable price (that and the fact that i prefer PCs for pretty graphics anyway). Sure the graphics on Wii will not match the 360 or ps3, but if i' m really enjoying games on Wii, and having alot of fun,in the end it really won' t matter.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 24 Aug 06 7:13:01 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 15:31

LOL, i do agree that improving graphics is important to creating an impersive experience, but gameplay possibilities? Aren' t ps3 and 360 using the same controller as previous generations? So what other gameplay possibilities are there? DIfferent button combinations? Please elaborate.

Well the more complicated hardware makes things that the previous consoles couldnt do, and that the Wii cant do. Such as having complex physics in the game, using them as puzzles in given situations, also the powerful hardware will help the AI, having better AI allies or enemies will give you better gameplay! Gameplay isnt just about how you control it, but how the game plays.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 16:18
I love what Wii' s trying to do , but Vx and Agent are right - look at fable' s combat system - it can be done thanks to powerful CPU' s and more Ram.
Vx Chemical

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 16:22
I love the Wii too, its pushing a whole different aspect of gaming! Combining raw power with the controls of Wii, would lead to a whole new universe of options!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 16:35
Don' t get me wrong, i' m not trying to dumb down the importance of graphics. Otherwise there would be no point to buying new hardware. I do however like the difference the Wiimote could potentially do for games, and at a price as low as US$171 you can' t complain too much either. If you still enjoy graphics more then 360 and ps3 or a high end PC are perfectly suitable. At this point i want something new and fresh so Wii fits the bill for me.

Also larger more complex battles scenes etc with more things happening on screen are definately only possible with higher end graphics technology which 360 and ps3 have over the Wii. But like i said, for me the cutting edge of graphics will always remain on PC, sure consoles steal it for a while but in a short time, newer and better graphics cards come out making the consoles look not so spectacular anymore (but not obsolete). Wiis unique controller at the most part has no real equivalent. Like i said i hope it lives up to my expectations.

Yes i too would have loved to hae a HD Wii, but like i said, at that (potential) price you gotta love it.
Vx Chemical

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 16:38
You can say what you want! but untill RE4 is released on a PC, its still the best looking game out there, if it had but HD, it would have pwned most of the current titles as well!
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 24 Aug 06 8:47:01 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 24, 2006 16:44
Well said Mr.Chemical
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 25, 2006 09:26

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

You can say what you want! but untill RE4 is released on a PC, its still the best looking game out there, if it had but HD, it would have pwned most of the current titles as well!

Nah, RE4 looks pretty awful to me compared to almost any 360 game, not just because of the resolution, needs more polygons and better textures to even come close to current gen.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 25, 2006 18:30
The textures in RE4 are awful. But it looked good anyway thanks to great art direction and cinematic lighting. If they manage to combine the awesomeness of RE4 with the next-gen power of the 360/PS3 when they make RE5, then it' ll kick ass!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 25, 2006 22:43

RE4 with the next-gen power of the 360/PS3 when they make RE5, then it' ll kick ass!

They cant expect to deliver anything less.
Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 101 to 111 of 111

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message