Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii?
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 111
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 16:29

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Marink, do you realize that Resident Evil, Sonic the Hedgehog and Assasins Creed will also be availeble for the 360?`Effectively only making it only 3 titles you mentioned for the PS3..

true but Huxley Lost Oblivion and Prey are aso in PC so...

all in all there are gonna be great games for both sistems, the only game i am looking foward in the 360 now its Mass Efect (so i migth sell my 360 now and re-buy it when the price drops) but that is gonna be a great game.

There are many PlayStation 3 im looking foward:

Metal Gear Solid 4: needles to say why
Lair: Looks so sweet and im gonna get a 1080p TV by June so its gonna be just awesome.
Resistnce: Fall of Man: Killer (and free) online game, really cool weapons
Gran Turismo HD: another game to play in the soon to be mine 1080p TV
Heavenly Sword: That girl its just super cute, and i liked God of War so i cant go wrong whit this game
Shin Megami Tensei: I just cant whait to play this one, Nocturne was so awesome
Formula 1 06: What can i say??? im such a fanof the Formula 1
Motor Storm: Yeah i know, im a racing whore, but the online game is gonna kick some serious ass.
Virtual Figther 5: The next installment of the best figthing series ever made, i just cant wait.
Silent Hill 5: come again??? Resident what??? no baby, this is the real deal
Unreal Tournament 2007: i hope they fill the blu-ray whit alot of extras, if they dont i will just buy the PC version.
Devil May Cry 4: i hope they work hard and make thisgame like the first one, Devil May Cry (original) its just superve
Final Fantasy XIII: i migth give this game a chance, ididnt like FF X, X-2 or FF XI, FF XII was allrigth but nah...

So thats why im getting the PlayStation 3 sexy version at launch, even if i have to steal it

< Message edited by fernandino -- 22 Aug 06 8:33:56 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 16:47
See none of those titles impress me, with the exception of MGS, which in turn is only true if they' ve evolved the gameplay a bit!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 17:35
Kitase who did FF10 is doing FF13.
Matsuno did FF12,and he was the one Sakaguchi-san wanted to take over FF serie.

Anyway,games i want for 360 is...

Lost odyssey,blue dragon,halo3,gears of war,ng2,forza2,mass effect and ofc N3
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 18:02

See none of those titles impress me, with the exception of MGS, which in turn is only true if they' ve evolved the gameplay a bit!

MGS is loosing it' s quality when it comes to story , but gameplay always evolves with each game - don' t worry about that Vx - if somethink will be great about MGS4 - it' s gameplay.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 18:08

MGS is loosing it' s quality when it comes to story , but gameplay always evolves with each game - don' t worry about that Vx - if somethink will be great about MGS4 - it' s gameplay.

It' s hard to say without having seen it yet! MGS isnt enough for me to warrant a PS3, more games like SotC and ICO could though in the end!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 19:58
it' s not that hard to predict.

Visuals will be top notch as always , I' d expect music to be just as good , gameplay will probably have some cool new features, but the story... that' s my main concern.

It always looks so great on those trailers but only MGS1 had amazing story behind it.The rest is either fucked up at some point (MGS2) or is getting cheap thanks to cheap dialogs and cutscenes (MGS3).

Why I think gameplay will be ok?

MGS 1 had amazing and revolutionary sneaking gameplay

MGS 2 evolved this idea with FPP Shooting (which was fun as hell) , interactive enviroments and some new sneaking features.

MGS 3 changed enviroments to jungle (it' s a big gameplay change) and it gave you the camouflage feature (it can be good or bad depending on who you ask) , amazing " Life/energy" bar innovation (I' m talking about all the procedures to cure yourself), Eating things... - none of those was a gimmick.

Splinter Cell is a game that have always evolved Gameplay (by adding new moves and creating more ways to one objective) and revolusionized visuals , MGS games are revolutionising their gameplay and are a visual showcase for PS systems.

The one problem MGS games have been facing is the story - it' s not worse than SC stories , but MGS is a very story driven game and story is more integral to the whole experience.That' s why fucked up story means fucked up MGS in the end.And it doesn' t even have to be fucked up - all it needs to ruin the experience is some lame conversation or stupid cutscene here and there.

FF XII was allrigth but nah...

You' ve played the japanese version and you base your opinion on that? this game is an RPG after all so ... nevermind, it' s just stupid to play a japanese RPG in japanese.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 22 Aug 06 12:02:46 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 20:15
One thing I like about the MGS games are the deep characters. I think the characters in Splinter Cell where boring so I didn' t care if someone died and I wasn' t very interested in their stories, even though the main story might' ve been as good as MGS. But in MGS you really want to know what happens with the characters and they all have some interesting background.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 22 Aug 06 12:15:40 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 20:25
The original MGS was a landmark achievement and it' s still the best Playstation game available. The 2nd started out superb, then you found out you were playing as Raiden which sucked but the bulk of the game was awesome. It was just towards the end, in the last 3rd of the game that everything went stupid and the game became unenjoyable. Snake Eater was more of the same with a tons of new awesome stuff and cool " looking" (stylistically) cutscenes that were waaaaaaay too camp and waaaaaaay overdone and had rubbish dialogue.

MGS4 will be a return to form, that i' m sure of. It' s the one game that i won' t doubt and everything we' ve seen so far looks awesome. I can' t wait to see the new trailer!!!!

As for Splinter Cell, i' ve loved every minute of them thus far and number 4 looks fantastic. It' s probably my 2nd most wanted 360 title right now (right behind Gears of War) and i' m gutted it' s been deyaled by a month! Still, a month after that Rainbow Six: Vegas will be out too and that' s probably my 3rd most wanted 360 title!
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 22:54
eh? a convo about MGs and I am not invloved? well lets get to work so...

Snake Eater was more of the same with a tons of new awesome stuff and cool " looking" (stylistically) cutscenes that were waaaaaaay too camp and waaaaaaay overdone and had rubbish dialogue.

I have to disagree with you, Sure some of the stuff didnt fit in [like those flying stand up things at the end ] and some of the weapons, but at its core is a great story, I much prefer the story to MGS3 to 2 becuase It wasnt crazy ass confuseing, It was much more personal and you knew what Big Boss was going through, It explains the Fall of Big Boss, why he went so Evil [or good if you look at it the other way]. Sure some things where cringe worthy, and some of the Dialoge was silly. But the Voice acting, Cinematics and overall Atmosphere easily top that.

Mgs4 Will be excellant. The story will rock, and the gameplay will too.

Mgs1 - was an landmark title with an excellant story and a new experiance.

Mgs2 - Very good, Very Confuseing, added alot to the orginal game.

Mgs3 - this and 1 are my favs. Set in the jungle changes everything, no rader no highh tech equipment. Good story and a joy to play.

Mgs4 - Snakes Dies. Raiden is a Ninja. I Dont know How I will cope.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 23:40
What i dislike about MGS serie is how Kojima always goes to far in my mind with the story/characters.

A bisexuell vampire is just one ex of what turns me down when playing MGS...

Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 00:58

A bisexuell vampire is just one ex of what turns me down when playing MGS...

I' ll give you that. He does tend to completely describe every little detail of the plot. Some of the descriptions are interesting, but some, (the whole bisexuality bit) are just a little too much information.
fernandino

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 01:31

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

You' ve played the japanese version and you base your opinion on that? this game is an RPG after all so ... nevermind, it' s just stupid to play a japanese RPG in japanese.

i can talk/read japanese (since my fathers family are from japan) so i know the plot and stuff, its not that great, its a cool game but it has its things...

I truly belive Metal Gear Solid 4 is gonna set the bar for REAL NEXT GEN TITLES IN DEEPT AND OVERALL QUALITY, its just a compete experience, super cool music, great artwork thanks to Sinkawa san, killer graphics, awesome plot, characters, and a great gameplay plus the wow factor, MGS 4 its gonna be the coolest game ever.

man, thats maybe because none of thoese games are even done yet, but they have quality, Shin Megami Tensei, Gran Turismo, Sient Hill, Virtual Figther and Metal Gear Solid are on the top f the genera, they have so much tilt its just hard to get apart.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 22 Aug 06 17:31:44 >
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 01:36
You' re japanese... But why oh why does your name sound portoguese?
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 01:40

I truly belive Metal Gear Solid 4 is gonna set the bar for REAL NEXT GEN TITLES IN DEEPT AND OVERALL QUALITY, its just a compete experience, super cool music, great artwork thanks to Sinkawa san, killer graphics, awesome plot, characters, and a great gameplay plus the wow factor, MGS 4 its gonna be the coolest game ever.

Just out of interest have we seen any gameplay at all or have a knowledge of the plot?. I honestly don' t know...
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 01:44

ORIGINAL: dasher232

Just out of interest have we seen any gameplay at all or have a knowledge of the plot?. I honestly don' t know...

The thought did cross my mind..

That being said:

NINJA GAIDEN 2 IS GOING TO BE THE BEST EVER!!! OMG ROFL ROFL!!!!!111!1!!

THE PLOT IS GOING TO BE ACE, AND HE' S GOING TO HAVE MUCH BETTER MOVES
THAN ANY OTHER ACTION ADVENTURE GAME!!!11!!

JUST LOOK AT THE ORIGINAL ONE AND YOU' LL KNOW!!

HE' S GOING TO FIGHT AT LEAST 17 BOSSES ALL WITH EQUAL STRENGTHS AND
I EVEN KNOW THE ACHIEVEMENTS TO UNLOCK THE BEST EVERR CUTSCENES
IN REAL-TIME!!!! W00T!!! W00T!!!

please...
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 02:35

No, we have zero gameplay footage of MGs4. But infact a new trailer is being realised this week, which might include some. Who Knows.
fernandino

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 03:45

ORIGINAL: Tiz

You' re japanese... But why oh why does your name sound portoguese?

Im not 100% japanese, i have spend, at most 3 years in japan, my father is japanese and my mother is 50% from portoguese, they got divorced and by agreement i live whit my mother and i travel to Japan twice a year
fernandino

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 04:31
Hey,get a load of this guys, 720p Lair, its soo cool,now think about the 1080p final version, (needs torrent)

http://www.playsyde.com/leech_2905_en.aspx
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 04:58
Starting with a few details...

Big Boss returns and likely joins Solid Snake in his fight against the Patriots (and others).

Basically...

...In 1972, Big Boss was really badly injured. We don' t know how, all we know is that his injuries had left him in a coma. So, he was cloned. He was supposed to have eight clones, but we only know of three: Solid Snake, the main character in MG, MG2:SS, MGS, MGS2 and the soon to be MGS4; Liquid Snake, the blonde, half-crazed one from MGS1; and Solidus, the Big Boss look-alike with two swords from MGS2.

We played as Big Boss only in MGS3 (Snake Eater), which took place in 1964. His codename was Naked Snake.

Now, just to make myself even clearer, here' s a timeline for when the games and major events take place:

1964 - Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
1972 - Big Boss (AKA Naked Snake or Saladin) is severely injured; government clones him, producing Solid Snake, Liquid Snake and Solidus Snake
1995 - Metal Gear (the original)
1999 - Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake; Big Boss dies (supposedly)
2005 - Metal Gear Solid; Liquid Snake dies... sort of (now Liquid Ocelot after Ocelot had Liquids arm transplanted to replace his own that was removed courtesy of Grey Fox)
2007 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty; Tanker/Snake Chapter
2009 - Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty; Plant/Raiden Chapter; Solidus Snake dies
???? - Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

We know that Solid Snake dies in MGS4 (or at least that' s how it appears from the two trailers released so far), we can assume Big Boss returns because he' s featured in the games artwork along with Vamp and Meryl. So they are returning too (we' ve seen Meryl already claiming she' s part on the " new Foxhound" ). Ocelot is officially " Liquid Ocelot" meaning Liquid Snake returns in some form and ladyboy Raiden has gone from complete pussy to complete badass (anybody who wants to get an idea of Kojimas inspiration for evolving Raiden needs to go watch...

...the awesome Casshern)

The Foxdie plotline and Patriots plotlines will play key roles too.

My take on thinks is that Raiden is also a clone of Big Boss (both called Jack OR more likely his son OR since Solidus killed his parents and raised him he could be a clone of Solidus; leading me to fact that Solid has recessive genes, Liquid has/had the dominant genes and Solidus had the " perfect balance" although it should be noted that supposedly the 3 " official" sons of Big Boss can' t reproduce) ;p

Phew!

I honestly have no clue. The story is epic and there are so many events and characters to follow that it' s hard to keep track of them all. Still, the game will be badass!

ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 23, 2006 05:44
I' ve seen Casshern. One of the weirdest movies I' ve ever seen. Very cool though, but weird.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 4 of 6, messages 61 to 80 of 111

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message