Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii?
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 111
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 19, 2006 08:11

Oh. Sorry dude. I didn' t know. Next time I' ll have beef.

Try the Duck, I hear it has 10% less fanboy.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 19 Jul 06 0:12:57 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 19, 2006 08:16
Shit, we need some really big news or some big videogame expo like E3 because lately all the threads here have been filled with CRAP!!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 19, 2006 13:29
I just like to point out that Nintendo could have quite easily come out with a new console with better graphics (HD) like ps3 or 360 (ala Gamecube 2). Then we would have 3 consoles that pretty much provide exactly the same experience - like the xbox, GC & ps2 era. The pleasing part is that The Big N did not continue along this path (and took the road less travelled). Their criteria was to create something new and different and most importantly affordable. The Wii IMO fulfils these 2 criteria admirably. Obviously something is gonna suffer, mainly due to afforadability, thus the graphics are not on par with HD of 360 & ps2. However they will be significantly better then anything the xbox, or GC could ever hope to accomplish, unlike the person who makes a bold assumtion of it being slighly better then a xbox. Now the consumer has some real choices, Graphics (360 & ps3) or new & innovative gameplay (Wii).

I hate when people simply state that Wii will not have significantly improved graphics then GC or xbox. First of all from what i heard the demos for Wii at E32006 were running of modified GC hardware. If this is true we have not seen the true graphics capabilities of the Wii. Secondly it ticks me off when people say the Wii mote is simply a gimmick that won' t last. If the thing works as many people have said (at e32006) playing any game that involves pointing (FPS, RTS even RPG) can be played with much more precision then could even be dreamt about for current controllers. It also opens up new ways in which to interact with games, were as current controllers have pretty much reached the pinnacle of there potential. IMO 3D motion sensing is the next step in gaming interaction, and its very important to allow Game developers develop new ideas instead of merely improving graphics (graphics are important as well but should not be the only thing that improves). Sure the Wiimote is not perfect (fighting games like tekken etc) will not suit the Wii mote (or could it?), thats why there is the option of using a standard controller is there (or even your old GC controller). You have a choice.

I am pretty pleased with the Wii. The E3 2006 response was mostly positive which was a good sign. To top it off the ps3s huge price tag also ' hit the floor' (for massive damage) which improved the Wii' s chances even more (IMO). I can' t be totally sure the average consumer will take to the Wii like they have with DS, but i am alot more optimistic now then i ever before.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 19, 2006 23:15
I totally agree - and it' s definitely better than making another GameCube (even though I really liked it).
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 19 Jul 06 15:16:09 >
ginjirou

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 02:15
I like the new controler but... it wouldn' t hurt with a little more power. They don' t have to make it ultra powerful like the 360 or the PS3 but I wouldn' t mind paying $300 at launch for a little more power, something I think many others would be ready to do as well.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Jul 06 18:16:04 >
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 03:31

I like the new controler but... it wouldn' t hurt with a little more power. They don' t have to make it ultra powerful like the 360 or the PS3 but I wouldn' t mind paying $300 at launch for a little more power, something I think many others would be ready to do as well.

TBH, i think you should know by now that nintendo make some of the best looking games anyway and games have to come through alot of Q&A before release..

Im sure nintendo have a policy with devs that in most circumstances its games have to run 60fps..

I think alot of people will be suprized how good Wii games can look..

Even when i play my DC via VGA out some games still look nice enugh.. Never mind with added AA and Progressive scan..

I' m not worried about how Wii games will look atall, i know there gona look Vibrant, unique and smooth as silk!!!

ginjirou

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 03:50
Yeah, well to me graphics doesn' t matter that much anyway. Art direction is more important but extra power never hurts. For $50-$100 more, maybe we would' ve gotten Wii games in HD?
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 19 Jul 06 19:51:28 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 06:45
I dont really care how a gamecube game looks graphics wise, because i was a SNES player so either way i know it will be a good game.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 06:50
i mean if its like an old game made over in the same style. not like the new zelda wind breaker and the new NGC mario games they suck but the twilight princess and the DS mario games look very promising.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 07:01
SOOOOO... Back on topic.

Buy the PS3 if you really LOVE great franchises with better graphics, and you' re
the kinda person that loves hype, and also ifyou want the best in Hi-Def
multi-media systems.

Buy the 360 if you like new IP, a great online community, LOADS of quality
FPS' s, and if you don' t want to spend so much money on a console for those all
important cross-format titles. Also buy it, if you love nursing consoles every now
and then, and sending it to A and E for treatment.

Buy the Wii if you want to play games in A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT WAY
and if you want a cheap alternative. Also if you aren' t so fussed about the HD era
until the next age, or when it fully matures; then the Wii is definitely for you.

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 07:09
Erm no Tiz!

Everybody needs to buy Net Yaroze' s! Probably my worst purchase ever!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 07:25
Ginjirou, you say you want more power, but you haven' t even played the Wii yet. It may surprise you, and be everything you hoped for! Let' s just wait and see. Personally, I can' t wait!! I' m especially interested in the FPS games. I mean, just being able to point and shoot! It' s like a dream come true!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 08:10

ORIGINAL: Majikdra6on

Erm no Tiz!

Everybody needs to buy Net Yaroze' s! Probably my worst purchase ever!

What on earth is that? But more importantly, can it be played on X-box live?

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

Ginjirou, you say you want more power, but you haven' t even played the Wii yet. It may surprise you, and be everything you hoped for! Let' s just wait and see. Personally, I can' t wait!! I' m especially interested in the FPS games. I mean, just being able to point and shoot! It' s like a dream come true!

Chee Saw, you mean to tell me you have NEVER played Duck Hunt?!

The world has gone mad..
ginjirou

RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 08:16

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

I guess you' re right. I' m just afraid the lack of power might be a weak point that eventually puts people off from buying the Wii.
The balance between power and price is a pretty difficult one when you' re trying to figure out what people are looking for.
Personally I' m not very interested in the FPS genre. Not my kind of genre but Metroid Prime is one of the best games I' ve ever played so I' m looking forward to playing that with the Wii-mote.
I want more adventure FPS games. Metroid Prime 3 is supposed to be the last entry in the series, what will Retro Studios work on after that? A different kind of Metroid? Or perhaps, a new Adventure FPS IP? That' d be great.
Net yaroze? Isn' t that the PS1 crap that you could make your own games with or something? I played some Euro demo discs with some Net Yaroze games and ads and some of them were good. Cool idea, Sony = innovation. But it failed.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 20 Jul 06 0:18:05 >
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 08:46

ORIGINAL: Tiz

Chee Saw, you mean to tell me you have NEVER played Duck Hunt?!

The world has gone mad..

I' ve played more duck hunt than should be allowed! But imagine imagine being able to hide behind a tree, and run through the grass in Duck Hunt! That would be... uh... well, nevermind.

Actually, I was kind of comparing using the Wiimote to the mouse and keyboard setup. I suppose turning your character would be about the same as on a current console FPS, but to be able to just point at anything on the screen, IN A FRACTION OF A SECOND, and blast away really appeals to me. Should make for some really awesome sharpshooter multi-player.
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Jul 20, 2006 09:18
After watching some some E3 footage on Wii Metriod i noticed for the first time ever there was a console FPS where u could actually fight/shoot enemies coming from every angle including directly above / below you..

Control needed sortin out but the potential gameplay clearly looks heads and shoulders above the kind of gameplay you can get from any 360/ps3 dual anologe-pad set-up where your usually limited to fighting /shooting enemies coming from the usual stand-up / face on positions...

Also another Wii Plus is its Virtual Arcade.. Xbox-live arcade and its puny rare, crappy releases are not a patch on the soon coming V A.

Add the fact that Nintendo have actually made a dedicated Wii arcade Pad to play all those 2d games/ fighters properly...

All good MS Promoting (the way overdue) modified MD version of SFII, but what happens when u come to actually play the dam game?? Has anyone here tried playing a SF game with a 360 pad?? Its terrible.. I hope Capcom release special Saturn-base SF2 pads, like they did with the PS2.

extremegamer01

• Total Posts : 6
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 14:40
LOL THAT' S FUNNY
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 14:42
Buy a ps3,then sell it and buy a 360+wii.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 14:43
PlayStation 3 all the way baby
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Ps3, 360, or Nintendo Wii? - Aug 22, 2006 15:17

The games I am most looking forward to get/play on each are:

PS3
Assassin' s Creed
Killzone
Kingdom Hearts(mentioned ages ago)
Metal Gears Solid 4(after I have played and beaten the others )
Resident Evil 5
Sonic the Hedgehog

Xbox 360(Don' t own one yet)
Dead Rising
Gears of War
Huxley
Lost Planet
Oblivion
Prey

Wii
Disaster: Day of Crisis
Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
Super Smash Bros Brawl
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Wario Ware: Smooth Moves

Marink, do you realize that Resident Evil, Sonic the Hedgehog and Assasins Creed will also be availeble for the 360?`Effectively only making it only 3 titles you mentioned for the PS3..

Now i might talk alot of crap about the PS3, truth be told, i might get it down the line, depending on the titles that is released for it! I like MGS1 alot, never played the 3rd, and got half way through the second but my save bugged :(
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 111

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message