Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!!
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 86
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 18, 2006 21:49
I tried Chrono Trigger a bit ago! on an Emulator, it seemed okay for an old title. Not having played it before, i couldnt quite find the magic! And as most japeense titles it starts a young boy!

this is what heroes look like!

not like pretty boy here, who looks like he needs to be rescued ;)

]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 00:36

And as most japeense titles it starts a young boy!

agreed

it' s not always the case but it' s way too often...

I like Squall but Tidus from ff10 is terrible.

But with your kind of hero it' s always this tough,testosterone filled macho tough guy - you' ve seen one of them, you' ve seen them all.

I like characters from lost oddysey since they seem to combine what' s best from japan and west
< Message edited by ]GANGSTA[ -- 18 Jul 06 16:37:05 >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 01:57
I think Japanese RPGs are a contradiction to the genre. Not saying they are bad games, just oppisite of what a RPG is. Arnt you role playing after all, being your own person whilst expanding on your own persona in exagerated and merely fantasy fueld ways.

jRPGs are linear and have all the chracters pre-determined. Sure not all western RPG have fully custom characters but they are a bit more open personality wise usually.

Fable, Biowares RPGs, and Elder Scrolls titles all have the ability to somewhat form the personalities to suit your own tastes, thus you are now truly playing into the role. Or Role Playing.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 18 Jul 06 18:00:37 >
Tim Strickland

• Total Posts : 101
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 02:40
Whoa, the mention of Chrono Trigger has called me to this discussion!

I feel sorrow for those that have never experienced the magic. I have played through that game more times than one can imagine. The 600 A.D. music has always stuck in my mind as some of the most beautifully simplistic, yet catchy song in videogame history!

If you did not like the game upon first trying it, I urge you to give it a second chance. Chrono Trigger is pure magic!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 07:30
it is indeed :)
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 09:15
In Japanese RPGs you ARE role playing as well. It' s a pre-defined role, but a role that you must play, none the less.

I enjoy both kinds, actually. Sometimes you just want to sit back, let the story unfold, watch the cinematics, and enjoy the characters interactions (Final Fantasy). Sometimes you want to kill innocents, pillage, plunder, and make people cower at your feet (Fable).

Just two different gameplay mechanics, that are just as valid in the video game world. It just boils down to taste, as to which you prefer.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 17:00
I dunno I think jRPGs need to beput into a different genre. Role playing could be used to describe all games then. In essence role playing videogames is about putting your true self into the virtual character.
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 17:11
Wouldnt that be strictly the same with the boys from the Jap games? Each Macho type hero has a different story, if you read the personal bits about the different characters in GoW, and then compare them with say Duke Nukem, its nothing a like! There are loads of different archetypes for heroes, tormented heroes, reluclant heroes, Glory Riders, they are not all the same!

From what i know (limited yes) the jap boys being so young, have little or no background story (correct me if im wrong please :))
]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 19, 2006 23:02

Wouldnt that be strictly the same with the boys from the Jap games? Each Macho type hero has a different story, if you read the personal bits about the different characters in GoW, and then compare them with say Duke Nukem, its nothing a like! There are loads of different archetypes for heroes, tormented heroes, reluclant heroes, Glory Riders, they are not all the same!
\

I guess you' re right :)

From what i know (limited yes) the jap boys being so young, have little or no background story (correct me if im wrong please :))

WRONG :)

And Cheesaw fable isn' t your typical western RPG - it' s a very innovative game that' s more like combining zelda and diablo and then adding some story
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 19 Jul 06 15:03:16 >
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 20, 2006 00:23

WRONG :)

Exampless please, and do include spoilers!

Fable was a bad game, and it should have had a few more years work before release, i hope he doesnt screw up on the second one!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 20, 2006 08:03

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Fable was a bad game, and it should have had a few more years work before release, i hope he doesnt screw up on the second one!

What the...! Fable was a GREAT game! The combat, art-direction, graphics! Everything! I don' t see how anybody could' ve played that game and not liked it. Especially with that opening score! It gave me goosebumps when I heard it on the Fable 2 trailer!
Vx Chemical

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 21, 2006 07:01
I admit to having listened to much to Peter M preaching the second coming of christ with Fable and all the things i imagined it would be. I imagined a great roleplaying game with loads of options, but i got a game that lasted little over 10 hours with no real fun side quests! Yawn.

]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 21, 2006 13:41

Exampless please, and do include spoilers!

:)
I agree - fable could' ve been an all time classic if they worked on it a bit longer.Game really felt unfinished.

As for examples - FF7 would be the easiest one - Cloud , Suikoden 2 is also a cool story of two guys who grew up together and ended on the opposite sides of a huge conflict - you play one of those guys ofc.

There definitely are examples, but jRPG games have a great title from time to time - normally market is flooded with mediocre titles these days.FF8 was the most story driven game I' ve ever played - I didn' t fight enemies cause I wanted to know what' s next (and then the boss pwnd me like a bitch) :)
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 21, 2006 17:34

As for examples - FF7 would be the easiest one - Cloud , Suikoden 2 is also a cool story of two guys who grew up together and ended on the opposite sides of a huge conflict - you play one of those guys ofc.

Sounds like Jet Li' s Twin Warriors...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 22, 2006 00:44
I' m back bitches,gangsta i kikc your ass.
Tiz

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 22, 2006 00:45

LORD JESU!!!!

That was the quickest 3 weeks ever. What kind of beaver steroids did they use on
your PC?
< Message edited by Tiz -- 21 Jul 06 16:46:07 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 22, 2006 00:48
They worked fast :)

Yay!!!
Tiz

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 22, 2006 01:30
What was actually wrong with your PC?

And before I go nuts.....

WHERE IS YOUR AVATAR FROM
QUEZ????

er-herm...
< Message edited by Tiz -- 21 Jul 06 17:30:35 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 22, 2006 01:32
the fan on the 3rd card was broken and the whole 3d card became trash.

So they putted a new one,sadly they had more of the same 3d cards at their company so i got the same but a new one
]GaNgStA[

RE: Mass Effect Video on Marketplace!! - Jul 22, 2006 08:04
bring it on viking-wannabe :)
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 4 of 5, messages 61 to 80 of 86

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages