Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Sony' s pre-E3 conference
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 129
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:29
this is proof of sony' s annoying arrogance along side with Kutaragi' s quote " i want everyone to work more hours to be able to afford our stuff"

well here is a new one:

" The next generation doesn' t start until we say it does."

oh yes master.

Come one it' s ok to think it (you can' t always help what goes on up there) but to say it to the press is just downright stupid.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:45
The funniest thing was how phil harrison was to show that tilt sensor thing and that dumb fuck stood there with that face - he really thought he' s totally amazing at that time and he thought he made something amazing - it' s like he pretended Nintendo didn' t exist

It really is incredible how they treat both consumers and competition - And I really hope PS3 is at least more powerful than Lindberg arcade cause from what I' ve seen 360 walks all ove it.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:50
and we barely know a fraction of what the xbox 360 is capable of.

I am happy with my HD-DVD, 360, and pretty soon Wii hehe.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 18:00
Another thing i' d like to drop into the pond is the fact that sony were reps at the time for the dvd format war, they were a main part in it and yet they couldn' t even produce a console that was able to have a functioning dvd drive without any glitches and not just me but friends have complained too, then xbox came along and there weren' t any problems at all with their disc drive, so I leave it at this since siny' s howling about how much of a bargain the consumer is getting what is there to tell us it won' t be another f@k up or very stripped down.
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 18:09
Do you think in the long run 360 games will be equal or better than ps3 games? I think in the long run playstation games will prevail if Microsoft sticks to its plan of using the dvd format for games instead of hd-dvd. Compression can only go so far and I bet you can expect to see 360 games in the future to be released on multiple disks.

I guess my question is do you think in the long run 360 games will be equal graphically to ps3 games?

And

Does it bother you at all that some 360 games will be released on multple disks?
(In a Game Informer issue it said that one highly anticipated 360 game is planning to release on 4 disks)
C*Dub

• Total Posts : 86
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 18:10
sorry I know it is a little off topic I was just trying to compare the pros and cons of the consoles after seeing the upset of Sony' s press conference
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:06

then xbox came along and there weren' t any problems at all with their disc drive,

Actually there were problems - disc scratching drives.

I guess my question is do you think in the long run 360 games will be equal graphically to ps3 games?

I' m pretty sure that PS3 games of the 3rd or 4th wave will outdo 360 (even though 360 is definitely more powerful I have no doubts as of now)- in many cases PS2 games look much more impressive than anything on Xbox - Okami for instance.
The thing is it' s all about developers and most of the best ones work for PS brand - if that would change (it could since Sony really sucks right now) things could be different.

Does it bother you at all that some 360 games will be released on multple disks?

Doesn' t bother me at all - I like " PS3 as HD player" idea though
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 May 06 12:07:34 >
dasher232

RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:21
Another interesting thing to note is that in one interview with ign Tomonobu Itagaki said something about (or hinted at) some japanese developers aren' t necessairly not giving the 360 a chance but focus only on the japanese market (anyway). As for the sony conference I was kind interested in it even though I was tellng myself not to but it turned out to be a bore and disappointement so i' m still hyped for nintendo and microsoft' s turn today.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:36
Atleast sony was real this time...
dasher232

RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:38

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Atleast sony was real this time...

I guess you can call it that.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:40
I agree. Sony' s rather reserved PS3 showing lacked flair as all their conferences do and has made me even more excited for Nintendo' s.

No doubt MS' s will be better too, but other than Halo 3, Too Human, Lost Planet and PSO there' s not much I' m interested in seeing on 360. Nothing that' s also coming to PS3, so the only thing is to see which console the multiplatform stuff looks better on.
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:40
well,sku one cant play blu-ray movies but games,so well...sony atleast said the price so you who want a ps3 at launch yuou better buy the real ps3 which is sku2,and that is expensive but atleast you can save form now on,xbox360 price was announced just some months before release,now sony owners have some extra months to save up for it.
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:41

I guess you can call it that

Mostly. CG disguised as gameplay was still apparent though.

And it wasn' t even impressive CG.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:55
Quez, i was under the impression that you can play early blu-ray/hd-dvd stuff through analog due the the uproar witht the copy protection.

So if that is infact true, then you can watch hd movies still.. at least for some period of time.
QuezcatoL

RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:57
" If you want to play blue-ray material you will need HDMI, the standard $499 edition does not come with HDMI. So what' s the point of blue-ray on a system that cannot use it? If you do want to utilize it you are going to have to buy the $599."

Sorry i wrote wrong,movies will work on the cheap SKU,but it wont be in HD.
Which means its like a dvd player to you.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 9 May 06 13:02:05 >
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 03:15

Sorry i wrote wrong,movies will work on the cheap SKU,but it wont be in HD.
Which means its like a dvd player to you.

I was lead to believe this was due to the aacs copy protection scheme. However mumblings on the internet a while back suggested that for early stuff (Because movie studios don' t want to lose customers, i assume) they will not force hdmi hd playback. So therefore would be possible over component, for some time at least.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 03:25

So if that is infact true, then you can watch hd movies still.. at least for some period of time.

yes that' s exactly how it works - the HDCP won' t be in full effect till some time in the future :)
dasher232

RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 05:40

" This is the PS3 price. Expensive, cheap -- we don' t want you to think of it in terms of game machines. Because the PS3 is like nothing else.

For instance, is it not nonsense to compare the charge for dinner at the company cafeteria with dinner at a fine restaurant? It' s a question of what you can do with that game machine. If you can have an amazing experience, we believe price is not a problem.

When we announced the PlayStation price, it was said to be expensive. Same for the PlayStation 2. However, when released, both had sales that were unthinkable for previous game machines. This is because both offered experiences that could not be had on previous game machines.

With the PS3, you can have next generation game experiences that could previously not be experienced -- things like next generation graphics and various services via the network. And, as with the PS and PS2, we believe people who like games will, without question, purchase it."

Yeah but if you dine at a cafe and the chefs there are more than qualified and surpasses those at this ' ' fine restuarant' ' whats the big difference....*mumbles* fine bar my ass....I see they still don' t lack arrogance in any way at all. ' ' experiences that couldn not be had on previous games machines' ' ?...really ken?. This makes me even more wanting to see them choke on the crap they spurt.
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 06:00
Haven' t watched that conference yet. Is that REALLY what he said? Oh, man. Well, fanboys would like to hear said statements, that' s for sure. The price they announced... well, I expected as much. It will take a chunk and a half out of my wallet. Better start saving now... hmm, I' m not interested in continuing FFXI, because it sucks personally.

RPG fans once again will love the system though. Two FFXIII games? One designed by the makers of Kingdom Hearts 2? (Title is Final Fantasy Versus XIII) *insert drooling image here*

The marquee PS3 titles indeed are something to look forward to, but I heard the presentation was mostly crap. Still, who here is relieved to see the dual stick we know and love return, but with this " six degrees of motion" type thing and extra bits of analog precision? I personally would have hoped for a sleek design while still being familiar enough. This total reversion is kinda ho hum. Of course, now I know the Rev controls are many times more featrue plenty. I don' t see speakers on Sony' s controller... or rumble... or chuck and stick motion control....

Long live the PS3, the RPG and MGS love machine... just don' t expect me to buy at launch. I' d rather take my chances with WiiDS.

Edit:
I forgot... there are three FFXIII titles coming, right?
< Message edited by vdig -- 9 May 06 17:02:01 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 06:27
I think its two.

FF13 and ' FF Vs 13' [which makes no sense]
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 6 of 7, messages 101 to 120 of 129

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages