Sony' s pre-E3 conference

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 129
Game Junkie
  • Total Posts : 708
  • Reward points : 0
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:38
Looks like a dual shock.. Ken has a sick grin.

You have to be fucking kidding me, motion detection. Bravo Sony, so much for originality.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 9 May 06 2:40:12 >

QuezcatoL
  • Total Posts : 7059
  • Reward points : 4645
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:40
Mm they gonna use dualshock as their handcontroller.
Even if you break 2 legs from a crab it still runs!
What you gotta do is find its weak spot and do massive damage at it.

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:42
HAHAHAHA it' s a fuckin tilt sensor inside dualshock - Oh MY GOD they are so fucked :)

Ok wait a minute - warhawk demo kicks ass :)

When you look at their hands , it looks like there' s a delay between what they do and what happens on the screen - I guess that' s that tilt sensor
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 May 06 2:44:54 >

Game Junkie
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:43
LOL they replaced the ' Shock with a tilt sensor... I' m no longer interested in the ps3.

Oh well MS and Nintendo conference tomorrow, maybe we will see Halo 3 and Super Smash Bros. 3
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 9 May 06 2:45:46 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:45
VF5 won' t save their asses in my eyes - not anymore

Game Junkie
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:47
Holy fuck 500-600 usd, Sony is Crazy! They are so fucked its not even funny! LMAO!

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:47
499 for 20gb version ...it' s not worth it - FUCK YOU Khaz

Game Junkie
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:49
I think Peter Moore must of had a boner when he say the price point of the ps3, escpecially considering that by the release of ps3 the 360 will be cheaper, and have more games.

MS will win in NA for sure.
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 9 May 06 2:50:57 >

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:50
Yeah it' s definitely a new Era for PS3 - I call it " Wii and 360 ERA" as of now

Was that a fuckin joke? I mean WTF was that? my god what a waste of time

Thankfully we have companies like Nintendo to organise awesome conferences

Good night people

G over and out (Sony you so totally suck)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 May 06 2:52:10 >

Game Junkie
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:52
The best part was in the MGS4 video when Solid Snake was pointing a gun in his mouth. I think he saw this coming.

Eddie_the_Hated
  • Total Posts : 8015
  • Reward points : 15335
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 10:52
499$ us and 599$ us. sweet baby kutaragi floatin down the river in a birchbark canoe. what in sam hell are they smoking???!!!! He must' ve been on weed before he went out. I don' t usually get down to personal attacks, but that' s outrageous!!!!!!

Motion Sensitivity MY ARSE! Warhawk looked cool but, they so stole that from nintendo (yeah, i sound like a whiny 13 year old i know, but... they DID!!!!)
I need time to freaking sleep on this one, the emotions are just running too high right now.

okay, so let' s hear who' s still getting one, after the price, just post yes or no or something, count me in, but i' m still shocked and appalled...
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 9 May 06 2:53:36 >

f3hunter
  • Total Posts : 821
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 11:01
just watched the show..

Not saying anything TBh, just the same old S$£t but better graphics, And the ' partly implicated' and obviously ' rushed ' Wii rip-off controller is only going to encourage us all to play driving games like how girls do.. I mean Do it properly like nintendo or not atall.. really boring, and uninspiring.. And at the end cringing.

Role on the other conferences

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 11:02
they didn' t steal anything - tilt sensors are nothing comparing to Wii controllers technology.

500$?

FUCK' em you can probably get Wii + 360 for that so I' ll say it again

S O N Y, EAT SHIT

AND DIE

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 May 06 3:02:50 >

Game Junkie
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 11:06
Ok here' s my prediction for the next five to seven years, MS is going to kill Sony in North America and Nintendo is going to kill them again in Japan, I' m not sure about Europe.

Terry Bogard
  • Total Posts : 3915
  • Reward points : 33045
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 14:58

okay, so let' s hear who' s still getting one, after the price, just post yes or no or something, count me in, but i' m still shocked and appalled...

*Both hands up HIGH into the air*

YES! Like I said before, REGARDLESS of what Sony wants to charge I' m still getting one.. If they make it even MORE expensive then I' ll just take out a second mortgage (although I don' t even have a first one yet).
Terry Bogard - currently the most Unhelpful member of the Kikizo forums.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 15:24
I dunno many people were sold on the PS2 simply because it was the ' in' thing. All the hip hop superstars were rolling on and on bout there new PS2 and people wanted to be in on it as well. The entire human race are sooo a buncha little whores I swear...

Anyway I' m very curious to see how this all turns out come release day. Sony can still win the people with just the right amount of smoke (marijuana smoke maybe?) and mirrors. And a lot of people will look at the price and think " $100 more expencive...must mean its super btter, I dont wanna be the weak ass shopping at Goodwill now do I?"

...wtf am I even talking about I truly have no point here nor is any of it properly back nor do I really care. Ima be happy with me Wii60 combo. By the way I' m coining the Wii60 term so back off!
< Message edited by Mass X -- 9 May 06 7:25:21 >

Phoenixxx1974
  • Total Posts : 332
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:14
here is my thought about the evil Sony empire. They don' t have a creative bone in their body' s the just slap together powerful hardware and copy everything else from everyone else.

Sony critisized Microsoft for doing a world launch and having 2 consoles and said " we will not do that" and they are. They are hypocritical copycats.

I am not paying $600 for a console (on gamestop they said the $500 one is a striped down one kinda like the 360 core, gee i wonder where they got the idea from) especially from sony who always has problems at launch and problems with crapy stuff that breaks within a few months my friends new slim PS2s died within a few months (not to mention i work at best buy and have heard the same thing from some other people) and my other friends PSPs are messing up and having blown pixels after just a few months. Not to mention i have had 2 or 3 (lost count) PS1s and PS2s each.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:18
oh yeah forgot to mention isn' t it funny how they mysteriously changed their controller to have gyro scopic functions right after Nintendo showed theirs? Plus i read the pres conferance and it was really boring nothing interesting at all until the end with the price.

Can' t wait to see the surprises nintendo has in store lucky for them they go after SOny so they can' t be copied again haha.

Mass X
  • Total Posts : 4491
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:21
Wii60!!!Wii60!!!

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:22
haha that was funny it took me to get it.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:29
this is proof of sony' s annoying arrogance along side with Kutaragi' s quote " i want everyone to work more hours to be able to afford our stuff"

well here is a new one:

" The next generation doesn' t start until we say it does."

oh yes master.

Come one it' s ok to think it (you can' t always help what goes on up there) but to say it to the press is just downright stupid.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:45
The funniest thing was how phil harrison was to show that tilt sensor thing and that dumb fuck stood there with that face - he really thought he' s totally amazing at that time and he thought he made something amazing - it' s like he pretended Nintendo didn' t exist

It really is incredible how they treat both consumers and competition - And I really hope PS3 is at least more powerful than Lindberg arcade cause from what I' ve seen 360 walks all ove it.

Phoenixxx1974
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 16:50
and we barely know a fraction of what the xbox 360 is capable of.

I am happy with my HD-DVD, 360, and pretty soon Wii hehe.

dasher232
  • Total Posts : 1729
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 18:00
Another thing i' d like to drop into the pond is the fact that sony were reps at the time for the dvd format war, they were a main part in it and yet they couldn' t even produce a console that was able to have a functioning dvd drive without any glitches and not just me but friends have complained too, then xbox came along and there weren' t any problems at all with their disc drive, so I leave it at this since siny' s howling about how much of a bargain the consumer is getting what is there to tell us it won' t be another f@k up or very stripped down.

C*Dub
  • Total Posts : 86
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 18:09
Do you think in the long run 360 games will be equal or better than ps3 games? I think in the long run playstation games will prevail if Microsoft sticks to its plan of using the dvd format for games instead of hd-dvd. Compression can only go so far and I bet you can expect to see 360 games in the future to be released on multiple disks.

I guess my question is do you think in the long run 360 games will be equal graphically to ps3 games?

And

Does it bother you at all that some 360 games will be released on multple disks?
(In a Game Informer issue it said that one highly anticipated 360 game is planning to release on 4 disks)

C*Dub
  • Total Posts : 86
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 18:10
sorry I know it is a little off topic I was just trying to compare the pros and cons of the consoles after seeing the upset of Sony' s press conference

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:06

then xbox came along and there weren' t any problems at all with their disc drive,

Actually there were problems - disc scratching drives.

I guess my question is do you think in the long run 360 games will be equal graphically to ps3 games?

I' m pretty sure that PS3 games of the 3rd or 4th wave will outdo 360 (even though 360 is definitely more powerful I have no doubts as of now)- in many cases PS2 games look much more impressive than anything on Xbox - Okami for instance.
The thing is it' s all about developers and most of the best ones work for PS brand - if that would change (it could since Sony really sucks right now) things could be different.

Does it bother you at all that some 360 games will be released on multple disks?

Doesn' t bother me at all - I like " PS3 as HD player" idea though
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 May 06 12:07:34 >

dasher232
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:21
Another interesting thing to note is that in one interview with ign Tomonobu Itagaki said something about (or hinted at) some japanese developers aren' t necessairly not giving the 360 a chance but focus only on the japanese market (anyway). As for the sony conference I was kind interested in it even though I was tellng myself not to but it turned out to be a bore and disappointement so i' m still hyped for nintendo and microsoft' s turn today.

QuezcatoL
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:36
Atleast sony was real this time...

dasher232
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:38

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Atleast sony was real this time...

I guess you can call it that.

Kyo.k
  • Total Posts : 324
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:40
I agree. Sony' s rather reserved PS3 showing lacked flair as all their conferences do and has made me even more excited for Nintendo' s.

No doubt MS' s will be better too, but other than Halo 3, Too Human, Lost Planet and PSO there' s not much I' m interested in seeing on 360. Nothing that' s also coming to PS3, so the only thing is to see which console the multiplatform stuff looks better on.

QuezcatoL
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:40
well,sku one cant play blu-ray movies but games,so well...sony atleast said the price so you who want a ps3 at launch yuou better buy the real ps3 which is sku2,and that is expensive but atleast you can save form now on,xbox360 price was announced just some months before release,now sony owners have some extra months to save up for it.

Kyo.k
  • Total Posts : 324
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:41

I guess you can call it that

Mostly. CG disguised as gameplay was still apparent though.

And it wasn' t even impressive CG.

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:55
Quez, i was under the impression that you can play early blu-ray/hd-dvd stuff through analog due the the uproar witht the copy protection.

So if that is infact true, then you can watch hd movies still.. at least for some period of time.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

QuezcatoL
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 09, 2006 20:57
" If you want to play blue-ray material you will need HDMI, the standard $499 edition does not come with HDMI. So what' s the point of blue-ray on a system that cannot use it? If you do want to utilize it you are going to have to buy the $599."

Sorry i wrote wrong,movies will work on the cheap SKU,but it wont be in HD.
Which means its like a dvd player to you.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 9 May 06 13:02:05 >

uumai
  • Total Posts : 1363
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 03:15

Sorry i wrote wrong,movies will work on the cheap SKU,but it wont be in HD.
Which means its like a dvd player to you.

I was lead to believe this was due to the aacs copy protection scheme. However mumblings on the internet a while back suggested that for early stuff (Because movie studios don' t want to lose customers, i assume) they will not force hdmi hd playback. So therefore would be possible over component, for some time at least.
NiGHTS into Dreamcast

]GaNgStA[
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 03:25

So if that is infact true, then you can watch hd movies still.. at least for some period of time.

yes that' s exactly how it works - the HDCP won' t be in full effect till some time in the future :)

dasher232
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 05:40

" This is the PS3 price. Expensive, cheap -- we don' t want you to think of it in terms of game machines. Because the PS3 is like nothing else.

For instance, is it not nonsense to compare the charge for dinner at the company cafeteria with dinner at a fine restaurant? It' s a question of what you can do with that game machine. If you can have an amazing experience, we believe price is not a problem.

When we announced the PlayStation price, it was said to be expensive. Same for the PlayStation 2. However, when released, both had sales that were unthinkable for previous game machines. This is because both offered experiences that could not be had on previous game machines.

With the PS3, you can have next generation game experiences that could previously not be experienced -- things like next generation graphics and various services via the network. And, as with the PS and PS2, we believe people who like games will, without question, purchase it."

Yeah but if you dine at a cafe and the chefs there are more than qualified and surpasses those at this ' ' fine restuarant' ' whats the big difference....*mumbles* fine bar my ass....I see they still don' t lack arrogance in any way at all. ' ' experiences that couldn not be had on previous games machines' ' ?...really ken?. This makes me even more wanting to see them choke on the crap they spurt.

vdig
  • Total Posts : 226
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 06:00
Haven' t watched that conference yet. Is that REALLY what he said? Oh, man. Well, fanboys would like to hear said statements, that' s for sure. The price they announced... well, I expected as much. It will take a chunk and a half out of my wallet. Better start saving now... hmm, I' m not interested in continuing FFXI, because it sucks personally.

RPG fans once again will love the system though. Two FFXIII games? One designed by the makers of Kingdom Hearts 2? (Title is Final Fantasy Versus XIII) *insert drooling image here*

The marquee PS3 titles indeed are something to look forward to, but I heard the presentation was mostly crap. Still, who here is relieved to see the dual stick we know and love return, but with this " six degrees of motion" type thing and extra bits of analog precision? I personally would have hoped for a sleek design while still being familiar enough. This total reversion is kinda ho hum. Of course, now I know the Rev controls are many times more featrue plenty. I don' t see speakers on Sony' s controller... or rumble... or chuck and stick motion control....

Long live the PS3, the RPG and MGS love machine... just don' t expect me to buy at launch. I' d rather take my chances with WiiDS.

Edit:
I forgot... there are three FFXIII titles coming, right?
< Message edited by vdig -- 9 May 06 17:02:01 >
You wa Shock!!!

Silentbomber
  • Total Posts : 4673
  • Reward points : 44970
RE: Sony' s pre-E3 conference - May 10, 2006 06:27
I think its two.

FF13 and ' FF Vs 13' [which makes no sense]
Change is inevitable. Except from a vending machine.

Viva La Revolution! erm, I mean Viva La Wii!

Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 81 to 120 of 129