Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution graphics
Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 101 to 103 of 103
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 23:47
Actually after I figure one out I start worrying about their being more, even harder ones later in the game.. I' m a pretty simple gamer really - I guess you can say that I' ll always be an arcade-style gamer till the day I die. I' m not big on open-ended levels and exploration, I love predetermined paths, i.e. rails, I like straightforwardness (if that' s even a word) in my games.. I don' t wanna spend several minutes to an hour trying to figure out where to go or what to do next.

I' m also not big on Resident Evil style puzzles... I like physical puzzles in platformers like the Klonoa games and such. And I have an undying hatred for *turn-based* RPGs.

I DON' T care if a game doesn' t bring anything new to the table in its respective genre just as long as it does what it does Very well..
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 15 Apr 06 15:52:47 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 16, 2006 02:40
I agree. Arcade style games rule!
However I can' t say I hate turn-based RPGs because usually the story and other parts of RPGs compensates for it. But I do hate turn based fights. I love the Tales series for not having that.
Shenmue is one of those puzzle-solving games, kind of, but it was somehow different that made it much more fun.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Apr 06 18:40:38 >
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 16, 2006 12:19
I love the all types lol but when it is not more straight foward I want everything
too be done right

I can' t stand Rpgs with bad fake realtime battle systems where they trying to put alot ' Action'
into the system without making it realtime.. (I like Mario Rpg/Paper and Skies of Arcadia +FF )
just do basic or do it right

Red Steel grapically I need too see it in motion regardless of graphics due too the
gameplay

I Rev will push the most important part of a game
Hopefully since the control is a big focus they will be good on Most games

And I see more fps in 3rd person because you can still control them in that way
of fps and have jumping benefits of 3rd..

Controls a make a good game bad..

I won' t know how to describe Shenmue can' t disagree but it is Shenmue flow not straight forward and not overly complex IDK
< Message edited by Kannon -- 16 Apr 06 4:27:10 >
Change Page: < 123456 | Showing page 6 of 6, messages 101 to 103 of 103

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread