Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution graphics
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 103
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 13, 2006 22:03

Hahahahahaha...

Sunshine sucked when compared to Super Mario 64, but when you compare it to other platform games it fares much better.

I agree,i have both,mario64 is one of the best games ever done and ofc the best plattform title ever made,however sunshine feelt...medicore but with a mario...so 8/10 for me.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 13, 2006 22:50

Sunshine sucked when compared to Super Mario 64, but when you compare it to other platform games it fares much better.

Other platform games from the same period, I would agree. Platform games have gone down the crapper. Mario Sunshine is indeed better than the likes of Gex 3D, etc.

The Revolution is a 64-bit machine so it' ll have to be Mario 64, not 128. Oh wait. We already have one of those. I' m betting Nintendo will come up with a better name for the game, anyway.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 00:53
I like Sonic Adventure (only the first one) waaaaay more than I like Mario64. Mario 64 was boring. I love most of Nintendos games but Mario64 is their most overrated game ever. It had great ideas but I don' t think it was that fun to play them. I' m not saying it was a bad game but I just didn' t find it fun to play. Sonic Adventure on the other hand was great. But then I liked the original Sonic The Hedgehog more than the original Super Mario Bros.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Apr 06 16:53:53 >
Niitaka

• Total Posts : 13
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 01:00
For some reason, I just don' t like the 3D Mario games' controls. The feel so...clumsy. I have no trouble moving Link around and taking on 5+ enemies at a time, but I struggled to even fight the first Piranha plant boss in Sunshine.
Kannon

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 01:12
I would have to agree with ginjirou I didn' t really
play it though but I know I would still enjoyed Sonic more
I still think Sunshine was pretty good
though I wish it was a little bit more varied
But then again most N64 games made me sick except Zelda
and Diddy Kong racing (didn' t play very long in Wal-Mart )

I couldn' t take those blurry textures
I couldn' t really get into full 3D until Dreamcast
(though Saturn and Playstation were clean enough altough quite shakey )

On that note, what games do you guys expect at launch?

I think you should make that another topic so it can be more noticable
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 06:42
While I love both Sonic Adventure (first one) and Mario 64 , Sonic was nowhere near the responsivenes , polish and sophisticated design that Mario brought.

I couldn' t play sunchine - it felt ...old ...that' s funny cause I find M64 still enjoyable.

Have you noticed how Polish gamers keep talking about polished games? hmmm....
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 06:56
to compare the mighty mario64 to sonic is a funny joke.... no sorry not funny it' s sad

mario64 is one of the best platform games ever and the only platforms that were better ; Banjo&kazooie, banjojo&tooie

sonic was splendid graphicaly, but the gameplay is nowhere near Mario. sorrt guys
ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 07:18
Sonic Adventure had some flaws but it was still ten times more entertaining than Mario 64.
What disturbed me the most were some camera issues but other than that it was a great game. Very innovative game to with the Chao garden and VMU connectivity. Fastest platformer I' ve ever played.
I loved how you could choose which character to play with and the story was kind of fun to follow.
The graphics were great. The first time I played it I looked at the textures for hours. I remember the wood textures in Mystic Ruins being the ones I looked at the most.
Gameplay was great and the controls worked perfect for me (except the camera).
Character design was great to. The enemies looked cool and to see the Sonic cast in beautiful full 3D for the first time (in a real platformer) was really amazing.
I liked the music and soundeffects to. Some people hated the music but this is Sonic and it' s supposed to have attitude. Something Mario don' t have.
Have you guys seen Sonic Adventure The Movie? I have and it' s not very good but I couldn' t help smiling when I watched it.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 13 Apr 06 23:20:42 >
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 07:27
As far as i' m concerned Super Mario 64 has never been bettered. The Banjoe games were fantastic but nothing else has come close. Not even Sonic Adventure.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 13 Apr 06 23:28:19 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 08:48
Super smash Brothers Is allmost a given, while for the other 20-30 titles? differenlty a mario game, zelda:the twlight princess, red steel.

But this has been bugging me, Resi 5 will not make the Rev, look at those graphics. It cannot be done. But then again some people are so confident that it will come out for it, " oh, they did it for the ps2" . I seriously doubt it.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 14, 2006 08:58
Resident Evil is confirmed for Revolution , but it' s a new game - not RE5.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 03:27
yeah, thats much more likely.

Resident Evil Gun Survivor 3 would work great on the rev!
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 14 Apr 06 19:27:32 >
ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 03:38
I' d rather see The House of the Dead.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 14 Apr 06 19:38:17 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 05:52
After I say this I' m probably going to NEED 24-hour security guarding my life, lol..

But I agree with ginjirou. I did NOT like Mario 64. I loved Sonic Adventure way more..
I had an opportunity to check out Mario 64 in one of those hotels that offers those pay-per play video game services and as much as I tried I just couldn' t get into the game. And it wasn' t because of its age neither since I still enjoy MANY classics perfectly fine.

As far as Mario games go, Super Mario World, Super Mario Bros. 3, the original Super Mario Bros. and Yoshi' s Island remain my favorite games in the series... I found Mario 64 about as annoying as I found the original Jak & Daxter. I like having straightforward objectives, just present me with my platforming levels from the get-go and let me get on with it, neither Jak nor Mario 64 did that and I hated them for it.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 14 Apr 06 21:52:53 >
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 08:00

I' m sorry it has come to this my dear friend. I really am.

I' ve had to green-light you...

ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 08:11
Well I' m glad someone is smart enough to agree with me . Unlike some damn Nintendo fan-boys... .
Yoshi' s Island, now that' s a game I really enjoyed!
Nitro

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 08:21
If Rare make Banjoe Threeie, i' ll forget Super Mario 64 ever existed!

*wonders if Nintendo will make DS games playable on Revolution using the Remote as the stylus...*
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 15 Apr 06 0:39:16 >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 09:20
Although I personally loved Mario 64, I must agree with Terry about the objectives. It is nice to know what the game expects of you next. While playing Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, you' re often wondering what the hell to do next. You complete a level and no new ones open up. So you' re supposed to go back and accomplish something on one of the levels you' ve already completed. It does get annoying despite the fact that I enjoy the game.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 15 Apr 06 1:21:08 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 10:24

While playing Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, you' re often wondering what the hell to do next.

I' m getting the same feeling while playing Prime for GC. Maybe this is just me, but when you finally find out what you have to do, it' s something ridiculously simple.
ginjirou

RE: Revolution graphics - Apr 15, 2006 19:35

ORIGINAL: Eddie_the_Hated

While playing Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS, you' re often wondering what the hell to do next.

I' m getting the same feeling while playing Prime for GC. Maybe this is just me, but when you finally find out what you have to do, it' s something ridiculously simple.

Yeah but it sure is rewarding once you figure it out.
" Oh yeah I got it, Wohoo! I' m a genius! King of the world! Take that Nintendo hahaha, thought you could fool me eh! Nothing can stop me "
Or maybe it' s just me.......
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 5 of 6, messages 81 to 100 of 103

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread