Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 EVERYTHING PS3
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 10, 2006 07:38
no thats untrue, they steal other companys good ideas. Shame on you for bringing down sonys name!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 10, 2006 07:41
They havent managed to steal a good d-pad yet though...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 10, 2006 08:13
I get disgusted by juse hearing the word " D-PAD" :S i remember my old pc controllers that had those.YUCK!!!!
Nitro

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 10, 2006 08:35

They are required for games that you maybe don' t play. Games like KOF or Gradius (Terry), ...sometimes Quez an analog stick just doesn' t cut it!

Now you could argue that the kind of games that require d-pads would play much better using an arcade stick, but only a small number of people are willing to shell out for such an item, ...especially when a good d-pad does a more than passable job!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 10, 2006 19:26
I' m trying to play Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max on the PSP with the regular d-pad on the PSP. It works... sometimes. it' s kind of frustrating to lose 10 fights in a row when you know you would have won if you just had a better d-pad.
Sure, I suck at Street Fighter, but still. I would suck less if i had a better d-pad.
I' m thinking of taking an old Saturn pad and mount it on the PSP. You think that would work?
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 11, 2006 05:45
again, i made a mistake, sony won' t claim they stole anything.[:' (] (I can hear the Immersion execs lighting their torches and sharpening their pitchforks)

a good d-pad does a more than passable job

playing Metal Gear or any of the 2d Zelda games are a testament to that.
Semi-floating off topic, not having a green-machine myself i have to ask, are there any good games on Marketplace that play better on a d-pad?
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 25, 2006 02:02
guys here is some news about ps3 according to ps3 magazine

1) Monolith will release an exclusive game to PS3.

2) Hiroyuki Kobayashi, producer of Devil May Cry 4, think it would be better if ps3 be released in 2007.

3) you can take your photo via eye toy and make it as your avatar in the playstation network platform.

4) what is most probably the line up of ps3;

Lair

MotorStorm

Tom Clancy' s Rainbow Six : Vegas

Resistance: The Fall of Man

Stranglehold

Sonic The Hedgehog: Resistance

Tekken 6

Untold Legends : Dark Kingdom

4) Level 5 developers (dark cloud, dragon quest..) develop a PS3 RPG.

5) the next issue of playstation magazine will cover the new game from free radical.

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 25, 2006 02:14
I agree with Majik about Sony still needing to steal a good d-pad.. Come on Sony, steal the Saturn d-pad idea, I sure as hell won' t hold it against you for stealing a d-pad made by " GOD" ...

I LOVE d-pads way more than I do analog sticks, always have, and probably always will.
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 26, 2006 05:05
I agree with you there terry
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 26, 2006 05:14
I don' t think they will you know I think they will be stealing something though.
Nitro

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 26, 2006 06:34
Revmote!
dasher232

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 26, 2006 06:50
Yeah that would be funny if they turned the boomerang into something like the rev *shudders at the possibility*.
Nitro

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 26, 2006 06:55
No, it' s be copyright infringement.

They won' t drastically alter their standard controller, but at some point they may introduce a Revmote-esque controller for specific games or whatever.
uumai

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 26, 2006 07:56
I hope they don' t do it, but if it takes off well (the rev and it' s controller) bet m$ and sony are quick to copy.

I am happy with conventional controllers for most games, would like to get my hands on the " revmote" though to see how it works.

PS3 and rev are the only 2 machines i currently care about. This is because they hold promise, whereas 360 is old now and im not blown away and though I know i wont be by ps3 either (unless some miracle happens) it' s fine to dream. The 360 has some good games coming, but they don' t sell me the machine... after seeing God of War 2 trailer, i was thinking yeah i' d buy that to play on my PS3 (and the only game i currently am hoping to play on it )

Did see on joystiq some mario rev alledged screens at both 480i/p and though they are probably faked, I was impressed and am more happy to see something like that than red steel.

Anyway I' m tired and i' m sure this is quite jumbled, so i' ll just say, roll on E3.
uumai

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 27, 2006 04:07

The folks at Team Xbox have picked up the latest issue of PSM, also known as the Unofficial PlayStation Magazine, and let us know that the magazine is claiming to have the official launch date and price of Sony' s latest game console. The PlayStation 3 is set to launch in early November, just in time for the post-Thanksgiving shopping frenzy, simultaneously with its online service. The asking price? $399 for US, €322 for Europe, and ¥45,965 in Japan.

While we' re sure that a magazine entirely devoted to Sony' s platform has some pretty good inside sources, and the prices and date seem pretty likely, consider this speculation until we get the official word from Sony (or, at least, the Official PlayStation Magazine).

Taken from Joystiq, Sounds reasonable to me, wish they' d say a uk price not Euro' s though... but in any event if this hold true, I think it' s a good sign for people (like myself) aiming to get a PS3... (also that sony will lose lots and lots of money with this one)
dasher232

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 27, 2006 04:40
Well if thats true it would be £224 or £225 but that would be a big dip wouldn' t it? not a very good idea I don' t think. Because a) if you' re going to do that you would have to e sure it' s gonna totally sell out and always be in demand and b) it' s going to take longer to recoop. Any way it will be interesting to see.
Silentbomber

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 27, 2006 05:00
Well got to correct you uumai, it was stated in euros as in europe, its the offical curreny. Not the sterling.

322 euros sounds very reasonable for the ps3, since 360' s went for 600+ and the ps3 is meant to have the uber fantatsic blue ray, cell chip and the 60gb hdd inclucded which probley includes a controller and a demo disc. Isnt bad, hell i' d say Sony are great to offer us such a low price, expecially if the online really turns out to free in the long run, i am still a little bit iffy about that. Cant wait to e3!
dasher232

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 27, 2006 05:03
Either sony is gone completely nuts and are willing to do next to anything to stay on top or they have something else at hand like slimming down the package or something...either way it will be very interesting to see how this ' ' console war' ' drives the main players.
Silentbomber

RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 27, 2006 05:14
or trying to make blue ray mainstream and make buket loads from it, from rolyites by other film companys using it. Sony want blue ray to sell, and sell well. If they sell out the ps3. make a loss. Its only a small loss compared to the massive fortune that they can make in the blue ray.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: EVERYTHING PS3 - Apr 27, 2006 05:32
UUMAI do you have any links or something to those fake Mario images?

I' d love to see them :)
Change Page: < 123 > | Showing page 2 of 3, messages 21 to 40 of 43

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread