Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go?
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 131
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 03:45
If it wasn' t for nintendo Sony wouldn' t even be in the game business the name " Playstation" isn' t even their creation. They wanted full control of the SNES CD drive named the PLAYSTATION which Nintendo called it. ALso when you have 2 arrogant peopel they tend to clash and Nintendo' s pres. said fine then we are done and tore up the contract. So to spite Nintendo SOny released it as their own and kept the name Playstation. The PS1 made it because of Final Fantasy 7. Yamauchi also pissed off Square-Enix and they left and Sony offered them a ton of money so they made FF7 for the PS1 and boom it took off.

Nintendo Made it maintream with the SNES and Gameboy.

We have no idea what they are thinking, to them this seems like a smart move and think peopel want all this extra stuff which i am guessing the majority of the people who buy it won' t even use.

Why do you think he said " I want people to work more hurs to be able to afford out stuff" ? Because it will be expensive. I think if they put more power into it peopel will think it' s cool but doesn' t matter how powerful and how many gadgets it has, if the games aren' t there and if the games are boring people won' t play. Especialy if they have a cheaper alternative with a focus on FUN games.

All i can say is Power corrupts the mind.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 03:55
Like i said, i don' t think launching at a loss was the original plan. People keep talking about Kutaragi' s infamous bloody quote and et it was ages ago, before they finalized the prodcut!

Kazuo Hirai, president of Sony Computer Entertainment America, says the PS3 will not be expensive and that it will be competitively priced against the Xbox 360. If 360 is selling for $299/399 then expect Sony to launch at a loss (like the PS2 did) and meet Microsoft head on. It would make even more sense should it officially make light that PS3 can' t quite match 360 in terms of power/visual output.

Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 03:59
..no one doubt' s Nintendo' s contribution to gaming.....

...my point is that, IMO, only a thumbless buck-toothed retarded baboon would release a home console for more than $400...

...but i guess we' ll just have to agree to wait and see... (hey that rhymes!)
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 05:16
Yeah time will tell what price its going to be, its hard to tell iv they are going to go above 400, im thinking 450 or 500, and thats still with a big loss. It wont make spring launch. Because of Sony arrogance on the matter, they deserver to get their asses kicked.

Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 07:14
Neither Sony or Nintendo can stop Microsoft. Go here and check this out...

http://www.shooshtime.com/clips/video.php?id=7354

I couldn' t stop laughing for an hour!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 14:25
Well, it' s not rocket surgery... PS3 will be expensive when it comes out - very expensive. Then it will drop in price over its five year lifespan.

:P
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 16:53
well said Adam! :P

all this price speculation and what not, especially with the blu ray drive, costing 101 dollars. No way!! retail price might be 1000+ dollars, but when ur buying 5 million + blu ray drives, what do u think the price is gonna be? I mean goddamn, the 360 sold at 399 at retail stores. If you go to alibaba and look for wholesale stores, those that do sell 360s in quantities, they go for like 245, if u buy 50. This goes to show how much the wholesaler got it for if it' s willing to sell them at 245 each, if u buy at big quantities!! My point, don' t look at components and think of the retail price. Things actually cost much much less when bought in huge quantities.

I still think the PS3 will be more expensive than the 360, cuz now SONY wants to sell a computer that can play games, but they might fuck up and end up with a product that is neither a computer or a gaming machine, which equals: expensive piece of shit.

Im gonna buy one, but only in like 2 years, maybe in 2008 ill buy one, or if i get a lot of money in my hands, i might just get it by 2007. Now I can make fun of my friends cuz they always dissed my xbox and said that if they wanted a pc, they' d get a real one and not an xbox and what not. bragging about their ps2 being a pure gaming console. Well, now they' ll be buying a SUPERCOMPUTER, which is still a computer, that can play games. I wanna see the excuses they make up. and I think that was the general percetion, that the xbox is a computer and therefore does not belong in the console category. What now sony fanboys!!!

I hope they change the design, cuz the current design of the PS3 SUCKS. I think it' s awful, and it really does remind me of some kind of cooking ware. They should get George Foreman to make the PS3 commercials, maybe even call it the Foreman japanese style grill.

Forget about spring launch, I don' t think there will be spring launch. Phoenixx is right, if they fuck up at E3, lots of ppl will be either buying a N5 or a 360.

My prediction for the price is 650 USD. Which means that here in canada it will be too damn expensive, damn taxes.

In my opinion, sony will still have the biggest marketshare. even those ppl that are not so sure about the ps3 anymore, will still buy it just cuz they are guaranteed to get their GTA, MGS, GT, FF, Killzone, socom, dmc and so on. But then again, we can never know until the time comes.

BLACK is coming out this month!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 17:44
What convinces me that the PS3 will be very expensive is the fact that Sony themselves said that it would be expensive. You don' t say something like that if the price is going to be close to the 360s.
Sony also promised their stock holders that they would make lots of profit in 2006 since they lost so much in 2005. If they really want to do that then the PS3 will have to have a very high price tag and sell lots of units.
I' ll be very happy If the price will be around 500$ but I think a 600$ price tag is more likely.
Since I' m not a supporter of the HD era, I' d prefer if Sony would just skip the Blu-ray player and just use a regular DVD-player.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 5 Feb 06 9:44:22 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 17:53

You don' t say something like that if the price is going to be close to the 360s.

People won' t buy xbox 360 because they will save up for PS3. Or people will save up more money then buy more games and accessories when it costs less. People will think they are getting an awesome deal when it costs less. People won' t complain about the price as much. People think it must have really good stuff inside.

There are many reasons to " lie" about the price. Sony love to hype.

It wouldn' t surprise me much if it ends up costing $500 in the US, but I doubt anything higher. It' ll probably be $400 or $450.
ginjirou

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 18:09
Hmm when I hear " the PS3 is going to be very expensive" the first thing that gets in to my mind is " Ok, then I' ll just buy a 360 now and wait for the PS3 price drops" . That' s not what Sony wants to hear.
I mean, it will take very long time berfore the PS3 will make its first price drop so if the PS3 is going to cost like 700$+, then I' ll be getting a 360 to have something to play during the wait.
But maybe it will be cheap though. The parts may be expensive but many people says the components have been put together " sloppy" , maybe that can lower the price???
The 360 has got some expensive parts but it must cost as much to put them together in such a nice way.
???
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 22:04
Ok, but since price is a big issue for most people (people who have PS2s, ...kids, teenagers, students etc) and since their is a fair amount of negative information flying around about the consoel, ..launching at over $500 is a big risk.

Sony have 2 options. They can launch at a competative price (say $399) and take a loss initially (like they did with PS2). Or they can launch at a more expensive price (say $500-700) and likely not be so popular until the price comes down.

By the time PS3 hits games like Gears of War, Too Human (hopefully), Ghost Recon 3, Far Cry, Oblivon, Blue Dragon, Prey, Dead Rising, Halo 3 (hopefully), Lost Odyssey, Wardevil, Sonic, Lost Planet, ...and a whole host of other games will be out for 360. Then games like Resident Evil 5, Virtua Fighter 5, Unreal Tournament 2007 and Brothers in Arms 3 that are expected on PS3 around it' s launch will likely also launch for 360 at the same time.

So who would pay $500-700 for a non-proven machine with a thrown together online service and a small number of games at launch, the best of which will be available on 360 (except exclusive titles like Gradius)???

Probably the cheapest Blu-Ray player on the market though...
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 23:05
That would be true it it happened your way and you don' t know what PS3 will launch with and so on.

I' m pretty sure they' ll downgrade those spec' s - since it this state PS3 is not capable of utilising it' s peak performance.

Still the March is coming and those stupid speculations will come to an end at last :)
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 05, 2006 23:51
Yes im sure the price is gonna be 700-1000 dollar...

bye!
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 00:14
It doesn' t take a genius to see that launch games are generally pretty lame (with some exceptions) as far as games on that console go. I hope it launches with VF5 (not exactly asking a lot) as an exclusive title and several others that won' t be on 360.

To be honest, fall 2006 for the US sounds right to me, then February/March for Europe.

Condemned is being ported to PS3 too, i thought that was pretty strange. They will need to add some extra stuff to it i think, just to make it a viable purchase (it' s already out on 360 and will be out soon on PC).

I don' t particulary care about the price. I can' t see it being more than $450 though, it' d have to be one hell of a piece of kit for people to but it at a higher price.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 01:10
I said in e3 last year,that i thougt ps3 would come in march in japan.
And in europe in the 3-4 quarter...
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 01:22

I hope they change the design, cuz the current design of the PS3 SUCKS. I think it' s awful, and it really does remind me of some kind of cooking ware.

HELL NO!! I absolutely adore the system design .. The controller is another story, but the console design is beautiful in a PC Engine Duo RX sort of way
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 01:38
I don' t like the fact that the case as E3/TGS/CES was actually bigger than the 360. PS3 is gonna be BIG!
ginjirou

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 01:43
Just use it as a table.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 01:55
I use my Japanese Xbox as a TV stand, and the American one to help change my car tires. I place it behind the rear tires to prevent the car from rolling backward and then go about changing the tires! Works wonders I tell ya!
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 02:38
LOL!

Man look at this...

I seriously can' t wait, ...PS3 is in the back of my mind right now...
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 131

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message