Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go?
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 131
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 04:10
Yeah excatly, who needs a PS3 when you have a Xb-... PC!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 06, 2006 20:46
If Virtua Fighter 5 and Metal Gear Solid 4 make Xbox 360 (ooooh, how could i say that?!) then i' ll seriously consider not getting a PS3 at launch.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 02:00
I' ll probably not get the PS3 at launch regardless but without MGS4 the PS3 better have a huge pile of freaking revolutionary super mega hyper AAA titles prepared to make up for it!
f3hunter

• Total Posts : 821
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 02:40
Both XBOX360 and PS3 on the whole un-excite me.. MY pc kicks the livin daylight out of 360 for multi-player games especially FPS' s..

Bar Deadrising, all the 360 games i want are coming on PC, and i know for sure my now or/future kitted PC will outperform the 360 versions..

(**watch this space**, i bet Gears of war will run at 30fps on 360, while others such as fear ect will be at 60fps but have loads of framerate drops and stuttering just like 360 COD2 and quake 4)..

Hell, even Outrun 2 SP is coming out for PC with higher resolutions and FF-wheel support and i bet proper online servers too.., the next ISS pro also PC bound..

More and more major Japanese devopers are taking notice of the PC and obviously western FPS games are always gona best on PC and always will be..

Out of the 3 consoles its the revolution that excites me, Nintendo really see that GAMEPLAY is going Nowhere with the 360 and PS3, and they have worked hard and well to bring us major advancements in the way we play games..

Go Revolution!! Go!! make all 360 and PS3 games feel old fashioned, awkard and limited, like they really are. (or will be)

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 6 Feb 06 18:49:29 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 02:58
F3hunter you are full of a substance known as BULL SHIT. COD2 does not stutter on 360. I' m a hardcore PC gamer but PC doesn' t have PDZ. Think counter-strike source but not ruined because they had to nubify it.

Your PC will outperform the 360 version. Hmmm I doubt that for most of the games that the developers took time to make properly.

STFU cack luving PC fanboy. I' m sick of your type. You think you are some kind of games expert or PC expert? I know a million times more than you. You are just some ignorant 13 year old.
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 03:16
WOW, calm down dude. No need to go ballistic.

BY the way what the HELL does STFU mean. I see that everywhere and have no clue what it is. By the way is missspelling things the new trend because if it is i hope it ends FAST i think that who leet and numbers for letter crap is retarded no wonder the world thinks of americans and lazy and stupid.

My typos are accidental because i think faster then i type.

Everyone has a bias. Plus i hear peopel say that playing on a keyboard and mouse is much better then a single controller.

I personally don' t care for FPS, sports, and online stuff. I play RPGs and platformers. I am not buying a PS3 at launch and will wait until the price drops and the RPGs come out i must have unless they are ported to the Rev (buying at launch) and the X360 which i will be getting when the RPGs come out namely the ones from Mistwalker.
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 03:17
no need to point out the typose i sis not see them before i sent it irony is a cruel mistress haha.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 03:21

Plus i hear peopel say that playing on a keyboard and mouse is much better then a single controller.

That might be the case for some people but not everyone. I personally can' t stand playing on a keyboard and mouse. Tried it a number of times in the past and just couldn' t stand it.. I' m a controller and arcade stick guy all the way!!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 03:35
keyboard works charms for any kind of game except for racing games and fighting games.

STFU means (can i say it?) shut the f*** up.

CS: Source sucks so much I can' t stand it. I mean, the graphics are nice, but the way the players move (look like rag dolls), the way the weapons shoot, and so many other things about it, gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr... It' s nowhere near to CS or CS: Condition Zero. And if you look at the number of servers, well, there is many many more players playing on Counterstrike 1.6 rather than on Source, cuz Loco is right, Source is soooooo nubified, pretty graphics and physics effects, but lame gameplay. And what' s up with the recoil on all the weapons????? Can' t even use the damn AK anymore.

As you can see I love counterstrike so I had to bash Source. The source engine is pretty good, half life 2 is wicked and plays totally different from Source. I guess they wanted to change the way CS is played, so they gayed it.

f3hunter, this time around don' t expect as many games to be on the pc too. There will be more games for the 360 that will stay on the 360.

Apparently ATI has a new video card up their sleeve that technically speaking goes toe to toe with the 360 video card and it' s obviously called the X1900 XTX. We' ll see what it' s capable of doing once it comes out. And it costs as much as a PS3 will cost, 900 bucks US. Maintaining a PC up to date is soooooo expensive.

anyone play counterstrike 1.6 here?
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 03:48
STFU = Shut the f*ck up...

loco is right though, only REALLY powerful PC' s can do what 360 is capable of. People who talk about sh*t like " ..and i know for sure my now or/future kitted PC will outperform the 360 versions.." are just plain stupid and evidently don' t know anything about the hardware.

Firstly, you won' t be able to buy a graphics card for your PC that will be as good as 360' s GPU until Q1 2007 and even then you' d need to upgrade the rest of your PC (they certainly aren' t doing 8+ GHz processors yet). Bear in mind that just to match 360' s horsepower you' d need to spend over a grand...

Games will ALWAYS be better on a console, ...that' s what they' re bloody made for. Yes PCs will eventually be more powerful as but it doesn' t mean that the games will look much better. You' ll be blown away when games start to show up that are using all 3 of 360' s cores and developers have got used to coding for it' s dual threaded nature.

I' d definately rather pay £300 for a 360 to play games on (i DO have a PC too and WILL be using it to play games as i always have done). It' ll cost £300+ for a graphics card to match 360 anyway.

FPS' s are obviously going to be easier to play on PC, but driving games, fighting games, 3rd person adventure games etc, ..are much better to play with a pad. It' s nice that the wired 360 pad works with your PC too!

Oh, and hunter, ...it' s not ISS anymore, it' s Pro Evolution. Prat!
f3hunter

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 03:58

prat

Majikdra6on I don' t understand why u havent been banned yet? almost every other post of yours is abusive towards other posters! there no need for it, especially when hid behind a PC monitor, its just pointless. Its ashame cos other than that ur post usually constructive..

< Message edited by f3hunter -- 6 Feb 06 20:15:56 >
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 04:11
Hid behind a PC monitor?

Just how old are you, 14? " I dont understand why u havent been banned yet?" , is that a question? If it is, who are you asking?

You were bullied at school right? That' s what this is about...
f3hunter

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 04:20

Hid behind a PC monitor?

Just how old are you, 14? " I dont understand why u havent been banned yet?" , is that a question? If it is, who are you asking?

You were bullied at school right? That' s what this is about...

F3hunter you are full of a substance known as BULL SHIT. COD2 does not stutter on 360. I' m a hardcore PC gamer but PC doesn' t have PDZ. Think counter-strike source but not ruined because they had to nubify it.

Your PC will outperform the 360 version. Hmmm I doubt that for most of the games that the developers took time to make properly.

STFU cack luving PC fanboy. I' m sick of your type. You think you are some kind of games expert or PC expert? I know a million times more than you. You are just some ignorant 13 year old.

?? yes.. enough to reply with the most immature posts ive read on a forum, ever!!..

Why don' t you show your ' maturity' and reply in a ' constructive manner' like others have?

OH dear :(

sorry that my opinions don' t agree with yours, ill try and make sure i write a post that pleases everyone next time..
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 04:20
dude what is up with you? I don' t remeber you being this negative and harsh. Lighten up.

You are supposed to be a " Senior Member" meaning you are supposed to set a good example for the noobss and new members.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion and just because they don' t agree with yours doesn' t make them wrong.
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 04:27
Opinion is different from factless information. Opinion i respect, but what' s being said is plain rubbish.

This is ridiculous. PS3, Spring launch is what we are SUPPOSED to be discussing.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 04:49
I demand to see some group hugs!!!1!!!
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 04:56
*hugs terry*

Was the " 1" intentional?
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 05:02

I know a million times more than you. .

Wow that' s so mature mister " I' m not 13" .I guess I' m not the only one given a piece of your wisdom :)

Terry stop encouraging them you sick son of a ...

:)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 6 Feb 06 21:05:47 >
Phoenixxx1974

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 05:05
ok well back on topic who thinks it wil be released in spring? I think since may is considered spring they will release the PS3 in limited quantities in Japan after E3. Which is what Nintendo Should do.
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 05:34
My knowledge is unfathomable!

LOL!

Spring is too early, even for Japan i think. DevStation is next month but i' m pretty sure it' s only going to concentrate on the technical side of things. I highly doubt any information regarding PS3' s launch date will be released.

Sony said they wanted to launch with 1 Million units available in each territory. While they' ll be staggering their launch (with Europe last), 1 Million is still a massive undertaking. With the way things look at the moment and so many quaetions to be answered it' s unlikely (but not impossible for Japan) that they' ll make Spring.

Europe almost certainly won' t see it until early next year.
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 3 of 7, messages 41 to 60 of 131

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message