Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go?
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 4 of 7, messages 61 to 80 of 131
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 05:38
I don' t know - I think there' s nothing out there really that could stop them (unless you believe roumors) - plus I think there' ll be no " NO Antialiasing" issues since developers know how to work with nVidias Card.

Who knows maybe I' m wrong with both statements :)

I wish it was out this spring - I want to see what it' s worth.I' m definitely not getting one soon ,so it wouldn' t hurt.

My knowledge is unfathomable!

That knowledge thing was for Locopussy :)
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 6 Feb 06 21:39:26 >
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 05:40
yeah i feel bad for them and the rest of the world who are always last (unless they import ours there).

Yeah to have 3 million units and them not even finsihed witht he case and controlelr design and keep adding features and then doing quality control (haha that sounds funny Sony and quality control hehe just playing all you sony fans no need to get your panties all ruffled) yeah i don' t see how it' s possible for spring even for japan. Ours is already being widely accepted as fall most likely November in time for black friday and the holiday shopping season which is what Nintendo said they aren' t about to miss.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 05:54
The thing is, we don' t know whether the controller or case IS finished yet. Ok, so it looked bad for them at CES when the cases were empty and the controller DID disappear, but it could be a ploy to lead Microsoft into a false sense of security.

Who knows. It definately wouldn' t take a company like Sony long to put together another case design and have the moulds made. The controller is fairly easy for them to do, ...stay away fro stupid bananna lloking ideas, make it much more like the Dual Shock 2 but don' t infringe on Immersions' copyrights like last time.

I don' t however thing Sony want to directly confront Nintendo in their launch period. I think that would be a very bad move.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 06:11
It really surprises me how stupid some people are and how stupid they think other people are.

btw the Immersion patent has to do with the rumble technology.
]GaNgStA[

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 06:20
I think it would be a bad move for MS - not for Sony.

These two systems are so different.

Damn it - I want to know more about them :)
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 07:05
Ofcourse it was to do with the rumble technology, but Sony can' t use anything relating to the Dual Shock.

So loco you muppet, Sony were sued because of the nature of not only the rumble technology, but the analog buttons and over 40 games that infringed on their patents.

Microsoft was also sued by settled out fo court and bought 10% of the company. Sony lost the lawsuit and were ordered to suspend the sale of the controller and all Playstation/Playstation 2 packages containing them but they are still allowed to sell them at the moment because their appeal is ongoing.

Sony can' t use the Dual Shock technology, none of it. That' s why they HAVE to have a new controller.

Try not to show your ass again...
]GaNgStA[

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 09:54

It really surprises me how stupid some people are and how stupid they think other people are.

You' ve actually shown some progress lately loco- realizing what your problem is , is half the treatment.

Nicely done.
< Message edited by ]Gangsta[ -- 7 Feb 06 1:56:51 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 10:10
How about me ]GaNgStA[, have I shown any progress? Or am I on a steady downward spiral?
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 07, 2006 10:16
We don' t know Terry (were you really name after Terry Bogard?!), we don' t actually know what' s wrong with you. You have all the symptoms of dementia and we think it might be irreversible, but we' re just not sure!

Schools out for today kids, i' m off to bed!
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 08, 2006 07:27
terry' s just living in the wrong times.

come on ppl, don' t be mean to others, even if they are just talking trash. well, if it' s pure trash then yeah, call ' em names, but if they just get one or two facts wrong, I don' t think that is enough to make other ppl go bananas on them (you know who you are ).

Someone wanna explain in detail to me this story about the dual shock patent and what not?

Sony could be hiding everything on purpose so then, maybe, in spring they will surprise the world with a japan release, where the ps3 will be sold out, which in turn will increase the hype and then the US will get their hands on it sometime before the end of this year, and there it will be sold out too. A lot of ppl are not hardcore gamers, as in, they don' t really know much like the ppl in this forum do. And usually it' s thought that the more expensive, the better, right? Well, the ps3 will be more expensive, so, I' m guessing a lot of ppl are gonna think " it must really be good if it' s so expensive" so they' ll buy it. If it will actually live up to its hype, time will tell.

f3hunter, PCs are just too damn expensive to upgrade. With the money spent on a brand new video card from ATI you will buy a ps3. With the money spent on 4 Nvidia cards, for their quad sli, you will be able to buy a premium 360 with all the gadgets and what not, a ps3 with everything u need and a rev with all the addons, plus their online services for at least a year. So yes a pc " could" kick ps3' s or 360' s or rev' s ass, but with all the money spent, u could have all 3 of the systems. Don' t get me wrong, I love PCs, they are different and if I could, I would have the fastest PC there is, but I' m not rich, so with a decent PC and maybe all 3 consoles, I' ll be happy. Damn the fastest PC I could custom build in a store here in canada that specializes in Gaming PCs, had a cost of well over 8 grand (canadian dollars) which would be around 7 grand or higher US. Now that much money will buy me all the consoles and all the games for this gen (or next-gen, are we in the next-gen yet?).
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 08, 2006 07:54
Yeah, you know who you are!

Oh, you meant me?!

Pah, ...i' m allowed!

Anyhoo, simply put: " In March 2005, Sony and Microsoft were sued by force-feedback company Immersion for patent infringement for the use of vibration functions in their controllers. While Microsoft settled out of court, purchasing a 10% share in the company, Sony continued to defend the case. Sony lost, and was required to pay considerable royalties to Immersion and suspend the sale of the controllers, including all PlayStation and PlayStation 2 console packages containing them. Sony plans on appealing this decision and will be able to sell its products until the appeal has been processed." Wikipedia.

It would seem though that they are going to pay licensing fees that amount to about $27 million a year to be allowed to use the technology. They should simply update the Dual Shock 2 (re-doing the analog sticks so they' re more like 360' s, and make the L2/R2 buttons into analog triggers, oh, ...and fix the D-pad!!!), make it wireless and pay Immersion for the rights.

I' m not even going to start on the PC thing again, ...it' s stupid.

And Terry Bogard is one of the best fighters there is!!! Thogh if i had to actually pick one, it' d be Vanessa!!! (it' s the hair and the mean left cross...)
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 08, 2006 19:41
Wait a minute... I don' t get it.
It seems to me as Sony only got sued for the use of the vibration technology. Then why can' t they keep the analog sticks? If they change technology but keep the analog design, wouldn' t that make everything alright?
Or is the vibration technology and the Dual Shock analog design connected in some way?
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 08, 2006 22:05
It' s a odd situation, in that the force feedback technology is incorporated with both the analog buttons and the analog sticks.

What i meant by change the analog sticks, is that some people (me for one) don' t actually like the Dual Shocks 2' s analoh sticks. I don' t like the cheap rubber that covers them, i don' t like the fact that they get slippery after a while because of both the rubber and because they' re curved outwards. 360' s are much better examples and PS3 need to have intented analog sticks like that.

On a similar note, i mentioned this to Terry the other day, ...

...if you don' t like the silly little analog nub on your PSP, just get these>>

They' re available here>>

http://www.lik-sang.com/info.php?category=309&products_id=7263&
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 8 Feb 06 14:06:48 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 09, 2006 08:16
hot-diggity-damn! i want those! tell me they make them for the ps2. the 360 stiks are definately the best around, they' ve got the inhaled design and the little nubs. I don' t even own a single xbox product & i can say that. anyways, i like the ps2 placement, if only because it was ingrained into my neurvous system when i was like seven. anyway, i' d love to think that sony would just release the ps3 at a humane launch price, but then reality checks in, and i realise that that won' t happen, sigh, call me a mindless consumerist capitalist pig-dog using money stained by the blood of the worker. (stuffing my inner commie back into my psyche), but i' m getting mine at launch regardless. if just to re-sell it.
KiLLeR

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 09, 2006 11:58
do that man, borrow money from ur dad' s visa or something and buy like 10 ps3s. I' m sure when they come out it will be just like with the 360, too much demand and not enough product to go around. I was following the sales on e-bay for about a month after the release of the 360 in the states, and man were those sellers making money. I saw prices of 1000+ USD for a premium system with a one year Live plan and 2 games. You could probabily sell the ps3 for double the price on e-bay. I might just do that when the ps3 comes out here in north america.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 09, 2006 15:08
and that is what makes you a bastard
KiLLeR

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 09, 2006 15:50
thanx, dumbshit! any reasons why...
< Message edited by KiLLer -- 9 Feb 06 7:51:51 >
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 09, 2006 22:20
EDIT.
< Message edited by Majikdra6on -- 10 Feb 06 11:00:07 >
Phoenixxx1974

• Total Posts : 332
RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 10, 2006 00:07
hey loco what is up with you? YOu have become a rude mean ass. Are you trying to get banned?

I agree with majik just ignor him. He' s just mnad because he didn' t think of that idea first .
Nitro

RE: PlayStation 3 Spring launch still a go? - Feb 10, 2006 00:27
HEY Vender!!!!
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 4 of 7, messages 61 to 80 of 131

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages