Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!)
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 89
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 08, 2005 16:18
I think the REV is being techically underestimated by some of you guys. Even if its only 2.5 times more powerful then the Gamecube the bottleneck will be deminished which in my opinion was the paltry amount of ram and the pathetic disc space 1.5GB of the gamecube. And like gangsta said if the rev aims for sd tv then it will be able to push more polygons then if it had hi def standard, meaning if you still have a sd tv the rev will give you more bang for your buck. I' m guessing the console will cost 250.00 to 300 cnd regardless of other price predictions as Nintendo usually does not like to subsidize their consoles like Sony and MS.

If Super Smash bros is good as I hope I might pick up a rev once the price drop to or below 250$ cnd.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 08, 2005 21:00

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Well then rampage I guess that " 99" stands for your IQ.

Think of that by yourself or did you get your mom to help?
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 08, 2005 21:39
So I guess gangsta is saying rampage has an average IQ...
I really love reading posts " by nine year olds who got hold of the password to mummy’s AOL account and regurgitated the arguments they’d read elsewhere."
Rampage99

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 09, 2005 06:04
Yeah I thought it was funny that he used having an average IQ as an insult. I have an IQ of 120 btw. At least that' s what I scored 3 years ago...
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 9 Dec 05 14:04:47 >
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 09, 2005 10:59
We' ll see...maybe if the ' R' releases for around $129...I might just get one then...

I must say that, with all those retro games that it will be able to play, that it could very well be worth as much as $199...if they package it right.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 09, 2005 11:23
If it' s cheap and can play Gamecube games I' ll be happy. I' ll be even happier if the games are cheap and ace. Oh, and if Sonic appears in the new Smash Bros ^_^
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 09, 2005 12:02
Locopuyo I wonder if you actually saw anything like " it' s low IQ" in my post (and that rampage means that in previous posts I didn' t go as low as you trying to offend people.).

Guess those guys who don' t need their mommas AOL account should actually read a bit more careful plus relax a bit since they get excited so fast.

rampage that' s actually what your mum said ...while I was bangin her.

And WOW , you know how to impress people , I bet they even told you that you' re one in a milion , but you' re just to shy to say.

Hehehehhe

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 Dec 05 20:13:12 >
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 09, 2005 13:58
hey, lets not turn this topic in a war between Gangsta and Rampage, just leave it and continue the talk with the rev.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 10, 2005 00:07

If it' s cheap and can play Gamecube games I' ll be happy. I' ll be even happier if the games are cheap and ace. Oh, and if Sonic appears in the new Smash Bros ^_^

Oh shit, if I saw Sonic in super smash I would go out and buy a rev on the spot. Anyone have any other characters they would like to see in super smash. I would like to see mega man and Diddy Kong (to compliment donkey kong).
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 10, 2005 05:39
PacMan
Nights (that strange character from the Saturn game Nights into dreams)

By the way, they should make a remake of Nights into dreams for the Revolution. It' s the perfect game for the Revolution controller. You who have played Nights will probably agree.
Tru_Warrior

• Total Posts : 16
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 10, 2005 07:41

AH-HUHAHA!!
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 10, 2005 15:31
Check out this enlightening post from a poster named Arsynic at the Gaming-Age Forums.

" I think Ninty should keep the " Revolution" name. I mean, a next generation console with last generation technology...that' s Revolutionary indeed. [/sarcasm]

In an industry where Tony Hawk and Madden (the bastion of all that is wrong with this industry) still sell millions of copies, original games will fall by the wayside. Nintendo will learn this the hard way. Nintendo' s vision is too good for the industry as it stands now. If I were Nintendo, I' d just wait for the inevitable industry crash to hit and then revitalize it.

This industry works like a forest. The big trees form a canopy over the forest that doesn' t allow light to pass through and nurture the smaller foilage that the animals feed on. So they die. So the forest floor is left with dry, dead foilage that' s no good for anyone. Then a lighting storm comes, strikes a tree and the whole forest burns down. This revitalizes the forest and allows for new growth. The foilage comes back, the animals feast and all is good until the trees get too large again and the whole cycle starts again.

We have a few big trees like EA, Ubi Soft, Activision, Square-Enix, Namco, Konami, et. al. that steal all of the sunlight from the smaller developers who make the most revolutionary stuff. However, if it' s not Tony Hawk or Madden, it gets no advertising dollars and therefore no exposure and stays in the niche. However, the industry needs these new ideas to survive. However, these smaller devs are choked out and either close their doors or get on the cookie-cutter-shit bandwagon. Then the industry gets dry and stale and eventually collapses. That' s going to happen soon, I don' t know when, but soon. People are going to get sick of playing the same old shit over and over again.

Maybe Nintendo realizes this and Revolution could possibly ride out the eventual collapse of the industry and take it in a new direction. Fuck the establishment. Perhaps we' re all dead fucking wrong. Perhaps it has nothing to do with better visuals, better sound or better physics. Perhaps it has everything to do with game mechanics and ideas. Perhaps its the way we think about games that need to change. Nintendo' s vision is that the next generation has little to do with having better graphics. However, that' s how our jaded asses have been programmed to think over the years. Shit, if a console doesn' t have better graphics, better sound, and better physics then it' s not " next gen" in our view. However, the shit that we fail to realize is that the thing that seperates games from music and movies is that we " PLAY" them. It' s the interaction that distinguishes games from the other mediums. So why has graphics become the benchmark in a medium where GAMEPLAY is the unique identifier? Who knows. Graphics should be the benchmark for movies and sound should be a benchmark for music. How backwards have we become?

Do we judge a music album based on the music video? Hell no, that doesn' t make sense since it' s the SOUND that matters. Do we judge a movie by how good the soundtrack is? Hell no, that doesn' t make sense since it' s the VISUAL PERFORMANCE that matters. Do we judge games primarily by how good the GRAPHICS are? Yes we do. In a medium where graphics should take a backseat to interactivity, the majority of us have been trained like Pavlov' s dogs to salivate at graphics and put gameplay in the backseat. Case in point: The whole MGS4 " unveiling" (or the whole PS3 unvieling for that matter). Like little trained monkies we jumped up and down at these graphics and claimed that " The next generation is here!" That' s stupid. I' m stupid. We' re all stupid. We' ve all been duped. Now most of us are all but ready to write-off a console that could be just what this stale fucking industry needs just because it doesn' t meet our bastardized benchmark of what constitutes a " next generation" console, namely better graphics. We' re a bunch of marketing tools for lazy developers who' d rather get rich by just improving visuals, animation and physics while giving us the same gameplay experience as the Playstation.

That' s like McDonalds adding one more piece of bread to the Bic Mac and calling it the " Next Generation of Burgers." Then they brainwash consumers into believing that a real next generation burger is taller than the rest. No matter that it tastes the fucking same as the regular Big Mac...it just looks better. That' s the way the game industry has trained us. We now believe that next generation games are games that primarily LOOK BETTER than previous games. The evidence is that companies like Sony get away with showing reels and reels of game movie footage (whether or not they are real-time or not is moot) and we get excited as if graphics are the foremost benchmark of a next generation console. It' s a fucking joke and this thread proves it.

But then again, it' s called VIDEO games. So I guess the visual aspect of it all does play an important part. But should it be more important than the interactive aspect. It is called video GAMES, you know GAMES that are played on a video screen. However, it seems that Sony/MS main aim is to make game VIDEOS.

So I guess this is what seperates the next generation of consoles. We have Nintendo with it' s VIDEO GAME machine and Sony and MS with their GAME VIDEO machines. Let' s just agree to create that distinction so that we don' t confuse ourselves."
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 10 Dec 05 23:32:19 >
locopuyo

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 10, 2005 17:02
You can put your money on an industry crash if you want, but I don' t see it happening.

At least you used quotes when you regurgitated instead of pretending like it was your own.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 11, 2005 02:10

that' s cuz it' s not mine and it seems you really don' t get what the one who wrote it was saying.

Dunno where you came from with all that bitchin on me (and no , I don' t mean parts when you disagree) , still I couldn' t care less
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 11, 2005 15:13
Game Junkie, how about a Sega vs Nintendo Smash mele? Sega characters vs. Nintendo characters in the ultimate battle! Sonic vs. Mario, Akira vs Samus... even Alex Kid vs Link.
KiLLeR

• Total Posts : 314
RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 11, 2005 22:05
im buying a xbox 360 for sure, and if the rev is gonna cost less than 250 canadian, im gonna go buy it. the way i look at it is that if can spend 600 on xbox 360 (getting live also) and some games, then I can spend 2 bills for the rev, and it might just be very entertaining. the idea of playing old skool games on it makes me anxious to get my hands on it. I just hope the controller will feel right. maybe some third party will release an actual controller with triggers and joysticks, so that would be cool too cuz i can' t picture myself playing games like ninja gaiden 1, 2 and 3 with the " wand" , I need a dpad (even tho the wand has one but it won' t be same as having the d-pad on a gamepad).

Go Nintendo!

PS: stop talking about moms, it always gets ugly.
locopuyo

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 12, 2005 00:41
The revolution has also has a controller that looks the same as the gamecube' s.
Playing old school games is cool. The way it sounds they are just straight up emulations though.
It is really sweet playing the old school games on xbox live arcade. For all of them they added online scores and the ability to play with friends on xbox live.
Rampage99

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 12, 2005 18:52

ORIGINAL: ]GaNgStA[

Locopuyo I wonder if you actually saw anything like " it' s low IQ" in my post (and that rampage means that in previous posts I didn' t go as low as you trying to offend people.).

Guess those guys who don' t need their mommas AOL account should actually read a bit more careful plus relax a bit since they get excited so fast.

And WOW , you know how to impress people , I bet they even told you that you' re one in a milion , but you' re just to shy to say.

Hehehehhe

Wow... you are a really sad person. I don' t know how many times that joke has been over used. And to make things worse my mom recently had a severe accident and almost died so thanks for thinking before you speak. Enjoy hell.
]GaNgStA[

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 13, 2005 05:40
If you want me to feel sorry for you - you need to try harder cause I stopped believing your stories back in the days when you kept tellin' " I' m a developer listen to me" , and lately when you said " My IQ is 120" I still didn' t believe you.

Man if your mom had an accident it really sux that you put her like that on forum to defend your stupid posts.

And don' t thank me for thinking before I speak - the pleasure is mine - I just wish you did the same thing from time to time.
Rampage99

RE: Revolution Specs and Price (99$!!) - Dec 13, 2005 07:24
Once again, if you actually knew how to read you' d realize I never said I was a developer. I said I' m in school to make videogames, which definately gives me an edge over you when it comes to this stuff whether you want to believe it or not. I' m actually going to meet some of the devlopers of Splinter Cell 4 on monday. I' ll take pictures if you want proof. But of course, you probably have much better sources for your information. You can think I' m lying all you want but it really doesn' t matter you' ve proven your bias and stupidity on more than one occasion. As far as the IQ thing, go argue with the people that tested me in highschool.

I' m not using my mom to defend my post. I' m just easily irrateted when it comes to people making fun of my mom after she nearly died. If you don' t believe that, again, I' d have no problem showing pictures of her arm that was almost completely severed by a wood splitter (In a PM of course. The rest of the members don' t need to see that type of stuff.). So for future reference don' t talk about my mom. That way I won' t have any reason for bringing her up.

And don' t thank me for thinking before I speak - the pleasure is mine - I just wish you did the same thing from time to time.

Well isn' t that just magical. I' m starting to wonder when you' re going to produce an original comeback.
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 2 of 5, messages 21 to 40 of 89

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message