Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 76
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:56
Maybe if you wouild of bought a Core...

I got my Core back in March-ish. Works just fine for me...I only had the ring of death once...but that was because I didn' t jam that video cord into the system far enough.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:59
I think people will be as dissapointed no matter what console goes down, i can keep a cool head since i work alot, but its still annoying, luckly the changing isnt a hassle!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 03:11

(and somebody else' s?)
Mine, I' m on a loaner at the moment.[:' (]

I' m pretty ticked still, but I have all of my files backed up on my PC, & there' s no way I' m going back to PS2 after Double Agent. My friends 360, which I' m using right now hasn' t malfunctioned, and he' s had it since launch night.

It' s not very stable, but I don' t think I can live with the POS ports of good 360 games.
fernandino

• Total Posts : 661
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 03:12
Thats why i sold mine, now if it doesnt work my brother has to dealwhit it, and if he deoesnt gets it running he will have tobuy the PS3 games he whant to play, my 360 its working just fine tho but for some strange reason it cant read dead rising anymore, witchsuck for my bro.

Still sucks that just for some reason i quits playing random games, now wtf im i supposed to do???, should we send the damn thing to service just because it doesent reads one game???

ORIGINAL: Rampage99

I' m on my 3rd 360 and I don' t mind. I still love it! Best console I' ve owned. You should have gotten a warranty wherever you purchased it. I got mine at best buy and every time it breaks I walk in with the console, say I want a new one, and they give me a new one. No hassle, no refurbished console, just a brand new piece of hardware no questiones asked.

u are in ur 3rd console in just one year -or less- and u are not mad??? watch and learn so called SONY and Nintendo fanboys, here is the real deal.

so the 360 its not 400 dlls, its 450 because anyone has to buy an extended warranty, it suck since reading my ps3 manual i realised that the PS3 has 1 year warranty.
< Message edited by fernandino -- 11 Dec 06 19:15:19 >
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 03:18
I got mine out one of the first launches and mine messed up once, but that was my own stupidity, not the consoles. I had it in an area where it could easily overheat and i had no cooling devices. but MS replace it and gave me a new warranty, so if you people are getting a new warranty every time it breaks, id be happy.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 03:19
Your english is improving fernandino - like the way honey runs.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 03:22
It' s only worse when one works a lot and have saved up cash, only to se it fly away on something one already has. Like buying the same old movie, over and over again, until the moneys depleted.

Also, as long as the company that made the broken console, comes to your house the second your machine breaks, changes it to a brand new one and cleans your house as well as give you a full body massage while they' re at it... it' s a HASSLE!

I' ve had about every console that' s been released since Nes (including handhelds), and this is the first one that might break for me. I once thought my Dreamcast broke, but somehow (and somewhat miracously) it came back to life half a year later.

Reminds me, Tiz! Whoa! Respect to your Mega-Drive.

BTW: Does anyone know what the problem is with all the 360' s?
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 05:26

BTW: Does anyone know what the problem is with all the 360' s?

I dont know, isnt Gears of War the first game to use all 6 threads in the console? if one is defective its goign to mean a shut down!

I might just be talking shit!
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 06:01
I bought an extended warranty (2 years) for my Wii. You can' t be too sure these days.

However both my N64 and GC work perfectly to this day. Had no probs with my Wii so far.

I dont know, isnt Gears of War the first game to use all 6 threads in the console? if one is defective its goign to mean a shut down!

You just might be right on that one Vx Chemical. Might be why microsoft timed the GoW launch one year after launch so it can ' brick' your system forcing you to buy a new one.
< Message edited by Terrak -- 11 Dec 06 22:05:01 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 07:09
360 is trash
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 07:46
The main causes for the 360 crashing are: Overheating (which was highly prevalent in the launch versions of the console.) The autumn update which again affected only early launch machines( possible defect in the early versions chip manufacture.) Finally as VX has mentioned the GoW issue how this will be resolved only M$ know, oh before anyone starts asking for proof, unfortunately I can only say that I have this on good authority from a M$ employee who is a family member.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 11 Dec 06 23:46:45 >
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 08:28
Heck, I think anything that' s first generation consumer electronics usually sucks. My first PS1, PS2 and Xbox all broke within a year or so. Even the first generation iPods were terrible. It' s just the risk you take I guess.

My 360 is still going fine, but that could be because the Australian launch date was later than the rest of the world, resulting in more time to settle production kinks out.

I' d have to say the most durable console I' ve had was my SNES. It was left outside in the heat and rain for 3 months and still works!
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 08:44

You just might be right on that one Vx Chemical. Might be why microsoft timed the GoW launch one year after launch so it can ' brick' your system forcing you to buy a new one

There by making their 10 mill by the years end goal. DEAR GOD! It' s a conspiracy!!
mikayd2

• Total Posts : 1129
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 09:16

Xbox 360 is by far the worst console i have ever experienced. The games are awesome but the console fucking sucks!

lol I never would have thought I would here that from you

You just might be right on that one Vx Chemical. Might be why microsoft timed the GoW launch one year after launch so it can ' brick' your system forcing you to buy a new one

There by making their 10 mill by the years end goal. DEAR GOD! It' s a conspiracy!!

lol Thats crazy
Alecrein

• Total Posts : 762
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 09:58

(and somebody else' s?)

Mine was fucked up for like 10 min. Giving it a Swift whack on the side fixed the Red Ring of Doom. But generally (although this is BS) most Launch Units have major issues...I don' t see anything extremely abnormal about this...it is just the old saying of " It will never happen to me..." that pisses people off.
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 11:39
My local retailer Harvey Norman had to send all of its Xbox360' s back to HQ and receive new units as they were all faulty...its seems that a very large proportion are.
X360 was rushed out far too quickly, they should have thought about the consumers not the cash flow or head starts...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 14:31
They gonna hit 10 million units at the end of this year.

Ofc they did the right thing, around 3% consoles was fucked up,atleast they admit that,look at ps2,probably 5-8%.

Yes we have a large amount of people at kikizo who had their console fucking up,but most of them was launch units,and i know atleast 10-20 people over at gamereactor who bought at launch like me who hasn' t.

So whats the deal.
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 15:25
SUrely as " extreme consumers" we expect this? In fact, is it not part of the fun?

I have a launch day console, and yes on a couple of occasions it has locked up - and that has been on Gears. But to be fair for the tiny amount of money you are paying for such a small box crammed with the stuff (360 & ps3) and with the losses hardware now makes it is putting consoles in line with that of exotic sportscars..

Bear me out! Most people know if you want to drive an italian sports car you need a mechanic in the boot 24/7 (Or the bonnet - but you get my drift) so for extreme performance from a sleek package you are going to have issues. You simply cannot compare today' s console technology with that of the past, despite it being a product of the games industry. This era is a completely new challenge for everybody, was a true step into the unknown, and I' m sure (praticularly miscrosoft) are allready learning from their mistakes.

If I' m being critical the 360 uses far more advanced technology that the xbox (even allowing for the years difference) the xbox one was a statement of intent which was never profitable. The 360 HAS to eventually be profitable, so the very design ethos was different.

Im sitting here thinking my console might brick any day now - but to be fair I' ve probably played this box more than I even did my xbox one and it' s now my favorite console experience next to megadrive / dc / saturn now. In fact, I think that we can almost pretend that the console is British now in terms of build quality?! But no, that is just too harsh!

Just imagine it being put together by out of work coal miners, criminals and immigrants in the 1980' s, or even worse, British Layland employees! Such a generation of consoles is more like Nasa' s space programme than previous consoles. Each generation is expected to do mroe with less - and lets face it, the 360 is hardly the Beagle 2 of consoles.

These consoles are the paggani zonda' s of games hardware, just like a pc can suffer a hardware failure we are not talking about a couple of solid state pcb' s with cartridges, where people just filed down the slot to get around region protection!

In future I can see you taking your console round to a service centre in just the same way lamers might currently do for their pc or tv' s. The exception to the " lamer" statement would be for games consoles, as they cram in more high tech to a small space than a pc or tv ever will. Personally I think it adds to the fun.

Actually, as my console is over a year old now, for how long will they agree to replace it for, say it doesnt die for a year or so, or even maybe not for a few years? Or tommorow? Anyone? Majik - is that why you were getting a refurb machine? My mate got a new one direct from factory pretty much?

Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 16:41
I see what you are saying Musashi and todays consoles certainly won' t have the life span of a Nes or Snes. However the point is MS had cut some corners with a few components and the manufacturing in general that make it louder and basically defective.

The 360s are freacking dropping like flies. We' re not talking about 5% of the units, more like 60-80% of them to this date are destined to have a very short life span. Even if you replace it or get it repaired you' re still going to be given a defective unit again. Untill the new 360s based on the smaller die proccess (where they will undoubtably fix the issues in manufacturing aswell) start to roll out in a few months I wouldn' t trust the build quality of any 360.

As if this isn' t enough they included a cheap (basically the cheapest they could get) DVD drive. They have 18x speed now but even 16x would have been reasonable. However the 360 has a mear 12X loud as fuck drive, the drives were probably found in an abandoned warehouse in Bangladesh. I bet someone paid MS to take the drives off their hands, because when you have a lot of garbage you have to pay people to take it. That' s how bad I think the 360 drives are.

Another thing that contributes to the noise are the two fans it has. Two fans as opposed to one bigger fan is fucking dumb. Anyone who upgraded their PC fans can tell you that the smaller a fan is the faster it has to spin in order to move the same amount of air, thus smaller fans are louder. They wanted to have an 80mm fan but had to use two 60mm fans in order to keep the formfactor. Meanwhile the PS3 uses one 120mm fan which pushes more air out is more quiet and the PS3 is sexier at the same time.

The 360 is so loud...I don' t even think they make vacuum cleaners that loud anymore. I would have gladly paid 200$ more if it had the build quality of the PS3 or Wii even.

For those of you who don' t own a 360 yet, I suggest you wait until March when the new units will be out. Until then here is my take on how it rates in terms of noise no. 1 being the loudest:

1.Big Bang
2. Xbox 360
3. Jet engine
3. drill at the dentist
4. my TV
5. sledge hammer hitting a PS3

And I' m not sure about No.1...

Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 16:44

Actually, as my console is over a year old now, for how long will they agree to replace it for, say it doesnt die for a year or so, or even maybe not for a few years? Or tommorow? Anyone? Majik - is that why you were getting a refurb machine? My mate got a new one direct from factory pretty much?

If it' s a launch unit and was built before Jan 1st 2006 then they' ll replace it for free, but they might replace it with a refurbished unit. Y' see, they are within their rights to replace it with a console that they deem to be in working condition. If your machine is found to be faulty then they should really replace it with a new one. I guess we' ll see what they' ve done with the refurbished machine i sent back.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 76

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message