Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created!
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 76
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 22:29
How is it possible that after 1 year of working perfectly fine, not only my console but 8 of my friends who bought launch units on the same day could have their consoles fail on them within 3 weeks of one another?!

I know that in the past couple of weeks, VX and Mass' s consoles have also failed (and somebody else' s?) and i' m struggling to comprehend the magnitude of the problem as in every single case the console has failed because of the exact same game; Gears of War.

So what do i take from this, that Gears bricks consoles?! That the console can' t actually handle the game?! That the build quality of the machine is extremely poor all round?!

I sent my faulty launch unit back and received a refurbished replacement that was also broken, suffering from the exact same problem. I have since sent the refurbished unit back and i am now waiting for a replacement - which i am told by MS Support will be a refurbished unit...

So, because i could afford to (and not everybody could warrant doing so) i bought a 2nd machine that has a manufacture date of October 2006. Why am i complaining?! Because it crashes sporadically! It doesn' t do it every time it' s on and it doesn' t do it in specific games, ...it just decides to freeze every so often. Not a huge issue but it' s also stopped reading Fight Night Round 3 - which now tells me to put the game in an Xbox 360...

Xbox 360 is by far the worst console i have ever experienced. The games are awesome but the console fucking sucks!
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 22:36
I' m on my 3rd 360 and I don' t mind. I still love it! Best console I' ve owned. You should have gotten a warranty wherever you purchased it. I got mine at best buy and every time it breaks I walk in with the console, say I want a new one, and they give me a new one. No hassle, no refurbished console, just a brand new piece of hardware no questiones asked.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 22:42
Any moment now, my console is so going to buckle...

There has to be a noble peace prize waiting for me for owning the most number
of 360' s in a year (on my 3rd one, and my fourth one is about to be applied for).

Hopefully it does not kick the bucket just before January the 12th... If it' s going
to cave in, at least do it significantly before the 12th.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 23:16

I' m on my 3rd 360 and I don' t mind.

You really should mind. I' d be pissed enough to kill everyone at Microsoft and their children. My console is in its last minutes and if it dies I' ll have no choice but to agree with Majik and name 360 the worst console yet . If I' ll have to pay to get a new 360 I' ll pass on it (not that I cannot afford it, but for the principles), and even if MS decides to replace it for nada, they won' t get any thanks.

Do know I' m also not complaining on the games, just the f*ck up of a console the 360 has become. I once thought it great, but know... GRRR!!!

Just hope that in one year this doesn' t happen to all the Wii and Ps3 consoles out there.
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 11 Dec 06 15:17:42 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 23:17
I' m still on my first 360.

Its all about location where u put your 360,and majik dont take up your 360 while u play games.
Tiz

RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 23:35

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

I' m still on my first 360.

Its all about location where u put your 360,and majik dont take up your 360 while u play games.

Quez, would you admit if you weren' t on your first 360???

Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 23:41
I' m still on my first 360. I occasionally get the red ring of doom but nothing that rebooting hasn' t been able to fix... so far.
Tiz

RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 23:46

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I' m still on my first 360. I occasionally get the red ring of doom but nothing that rebooting hasn' t been able to fix... so far.

Terry' s next.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 23:54
I read that the reason the 360 is having so many manufacturing fuck ups is because it had to comply with new RoHs compliance. Which means certain " harmful" materials like lead all of a sudden couldn' t be used for soldering. The factories that MS are using to manufacture the 360 had a hard time adapting to the change. Established factories like the ones Nintendo and Sony use have already made the change years ago.

I' ll try to find a good article, this is soemthing I read a while back in the Xbox forums.
Dead Saint

• Total Posts : 205
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 11, 2006 23:57
still on my first and had it since day one.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 01:09
Yeah it kinda sucks that they break so often, my guess is its due to the software taping into things not previosuly used, i think we will see the same with the PS3 once all cores are used!
Duffman

• Total Posts : 1096
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 01:34
A mate of mine in college is always having problems with his 360 games freezing and so on. Well the conosle was rushed so............
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 01:54

still on my first and had it since day one.

That' s not a long time.

My Ps2 has broken all record, being used most oftenly and most recklessly, from launch and this day forward. Same sweay controllers and everthing. It' s even got SAND in it!

Anybody got something that tops that?

(Oh, and it have to be well used, no stories about a million year old nes that just stands on a shelf)
< Message edited by Dionysius -- 11 Dec 06 17:55:50 >
Tiz

RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:10
Ok, dion, I' ll top that story..

My MEGADRIVE (bought in 1993) still works, and that' s with Eternal Champions
and Sonic the Hedgehog 2.

It had:

Syrup (or honey)
A Teaspoon
A plastic fork

All jammed inside it.

Why the hell were those things inside it?

They were the three ingredients my brothers and I used to try and get the
cartridges to work.

Looks like we succeeded.
Vx Chemical

RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:10
My old black box has been pulled through everything and brough everywhere and it still works perfectly!
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:16
My megadrive still works too.

I' m still on my first 360 (which is how it should be ffs!) but it does crash on the guide on certain games, the guide runs slowly when running a game, and it' s noisy as hell! Gears hasn' t fucked it up yet, but the cutscenes do run slowly in places. Do other people get that, or has one of my cores died or something??

I' d consider replacing the unit in a few years time, if they release a smaller quieter version with 60nm chips like an XBthreesixty (or something similar to PStwo!).
< Message edited by choupolo -- 11 Dec 06 18:17:46 >
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:20
Rofl, I' m sure that if this was a Sony Machine every Fanboy on Earth would be bashing the poor piece of Hardware, but since it' s a 360 " no problemo" . Seriously if I had to replace my machine more than once I would be seriously pissed off. Also, that' s the problem of buying systems when they launch, they last you one year tops, unless it' s a Nintendo system.

*Hugs his GameCube* You cute little piece of fun.
Tiz

RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:34
Gamecube' s don' t break because they are under-used.
Vx Chemical

RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:50

Rofl, I' m sure that if this was a Sony Machine every Fanboy on Earth would be bashing the poor piece of Hardware, but since it' s a 360 " no problemo" . Seriously if I had to replace my machine more than once I would be seriously pissed off. Also, that' s the problem of buying systems when they launch, they last you one year tops, unless it' s a Nintendo system.

*Hugs his GameCube* You cute little piece of fun.

you talking about all the broken PS2' s?
Shikashi

• Total Posts : 196
RE: Xbox 360 - The most useless console ever created! - Dec 12, 2006 02:52
Hmm, more PS3' s, but sure the broken PS2' s work.

In case PS3' s start crashing and what-not (In case, LOL of course they will) you' ll see a horde of Fanboys bashing the machine for it. I bet your 360.
< Message edited by Shikashi -- 11 Dec 06 18:53:08 >
Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 20 of 76

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread