Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 X06 Official Thread
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 7 of 10, messages 121 to 140 of 184
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 03:33
Screw everything else, Sonic demo!!!!

The only real problem I had was how sensitive the controls were. Its ok most of the rime bit pick up speed and you' re afraid to hit left or right as instead of making a subtle adjustment Sonic almost dives off his current course to change direction and fall off.

I’ve had a few glitches but the demo weighing in at just over 300mb I expect things like frame rate, clipping through walls and other random things like that to be sorted.

The level is a bit different to the usual Sonic levels as of late. The multiple paths are really numerous and switch between each other with ease. It took me several run throughs taking different paths to find out the level actually splits into two at one point. Also one path took me 3-4 mins while another took just over a minute.

The energy bar is a cool idea. The more stuff you kill the more a blue bar at the bottom right of the screen fills. If you get shot by an enemy the bar goes down but Sonic doesn’t stop or get shot out of mid air. This cheered me up a ton.

Sonic animation is astounding too. Running looks cool but almost every jump looks different and instead of hitting the floor running Sonic actually stops for a second then propels himself forwards. The rope jumps aren’t as fiddly as they look and grinding less fiddly as you just homing jump onto things.

Overall, it’s Sonic about as good as you remember. It’s not perfect but there’s room for improvement. It is a mile away from the disaster of Shadow and I’ll look forward to see how the final game shapes up.

Ahhh, I feel better now.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 03:34

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Now who says its RTS?

It would be MMFPS?

Though if it is FPS, it explains why MS told modders to stop making a halo rts a few months back.

I dont know Halo Wars, sounds more FPS to me :P

It' s an RTS.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 03:37

It' s an RTS.

Havent played a good one of those since Warcraft 3, so ill be looking forward to it!

But how are you sure?

I know the developers make RTS games, but maybe they took a change? like neversoft did with gun
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 03:38

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

Now who says its RTS?

It would be MMFPS?

Though if it is FPS, it explains why MS told modders to stop making a halo rts a few months back.

I dont know Halo Wars, sounds more FPS to me :P

Because of Quake Wars?!

That and UT2007 are why it' s not going to be an FPS. It' s Ensemble Studios so it' s more than likely an RTS, but that' s fine by me!!!

Assassins Creed looks baddass, especially the animations during gameplay. VX, remember our discussion about the strange static and kind of unplugging when you die?! It was in the conference video and she said that they ouldn' t talk about what was on screen just before they ended their demonstration.

Splinter Cell 5 only for 360?!! Colour me impressed!!! It' s using UE3.0 too!!!

Banjoe 3, f**kin awesome!

I want my demo' s now!

Sonic is stunning graphically and i' ve got the hang of it, but the camera can be frustrating as you guys previously noted.

Vx Chemical

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 03:43
Yeah i posted a link where she talks about some of that stuff too in the AC thread a little back, not many commented on it thoguh

i didnt get to the the banjo clip :(

But then, i never played a banjo game
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 27 Sep 06 19:44:12 >
Nitro

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 03:46
I sent Rampage an AC gameplay clip the other day. It was really short but very cool. I can see it becoming one of my most anticipated titles and now i can' t wait to see the next Prince of Persia!
Rampage99

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:10
AC looked absolutely incredible! I think it' s funny that they allowed the character to die if they didn' t want that static/ futuristic death screen to appear at the end. This game is either based on a time traveler or is a simulation.

After cooling down a bit and letting the excitement drain I can calmly say THAT WAS THE BEST CONFERENCE I' VE EVER SEEN! Lol. Seriously though, MS did an astounding job. I' m royally pissed that I missed the Gears of War segment. Did they show new stuff?

I' m also dissapointed no new Halo 3 info was shown. Even though there was plenty of Halo related stuff they didn' t seem to think showing the games mattered. Oh well, they better keep to their word and have something to show by the end of the year.

That Bioshock video looked intense. It really surprised me that they showed CG though since the developer told me the game would not contain any CG. A little dissapointing but the trailer was intense none the less.

MS better start forking over vids quick. They promised LO and BD trailers would be up on the marketplace today and they have yet to appear. They need to get their asses in gear! People want content!!!
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:16
Hehe, you know what' s funny... I fell asleep for the ENTIRE conference,
and now I am catching up in dribs and drabs...

Nothing on MP? Well, I am beginning to notice a trend and when you guys wake
up tomorrow morning.... They will be there...

Ninja Gaiden 2?

Halo 3?

Mass Effect?

Fable 2?

No show?? I take it the conference has passed...
Nitro

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:27

Did they show new stuff?

A 3 minute demonstration of a new level. Both single and multi-player will be on the show floor tomorrow.

Ha, the funny thing is that Cliffy said that the European release date would be " 5 DAYS not MONTHS after the US launch" ...anybody else get the joke there?!

That conference was kickass!

Ninja Gaiden 2?

Halo 3?

Mass Effect?

Fable 2?

Not yet. Mass Effect was mentioned but i didn' t quite catch what was said. It' ll probably be on the floor tomorrow.

NG2, Halo 3 and Fable 2 were no-shows. Shame, but MS probably want to concentrate on the TWO new Halo games other than Halo 3.

The Assassins Creed demonstration (100% gameplay) was awesome. It looks every bit as good as the screenshots we' ve seen and the animation looks superb.

Splinter Cell 5 was confirmed and it' s exclusive to 360. They made a big deal about it, which is understandable seeing as Ubisoft Montreal + Enreal Engine 3.0 + Splinter Cell franchise = contender for best game this generation!

The 360 version of GTA4 will get 2 exclusive expansions.

Bio Shock will be a timed exclusive on 360.

Banjoe 3!!!!

I can' t wait for the impressions from the show floor tomorrow and Friday. I want screenshots, i want videos and i want my damn XBL demos!
Vx Chemical

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:31
They did show fable 2? thouth not ingame, and he said Peter M would demonstrate something, as well as attend tomorrows conference about the future of entertainment with Peter Jackson!
Nitro

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:34
There' s tons of videos up for download on Xboxyde...LINK

BlimBlim' s the ****ing man!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:43
Didn' t Peter say Peter molyounx and his team with fable2 is here tonight for something to show?

SO fable2 will be shown tomorrow?

Perhaps mass effect too then.

Majik upload the gears of ware pictures for those who missed the event.

It looks amazing now,and goes steady 30 framerate.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 27 Sep 06 20:44:26 >
QuezcatoL

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:51
Alan wake.

Gears of War

Splinter cell

Lost Planet

More in-game pictures and videos from Gears of war,Lost planet,Fable2 and Forza2 will be uploaded tomorrow by me.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 27 Sep 06 20:52:19 >
Nitro

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:52
The video is too low quality to get decent captures. The game looks better than ever though and notable improvements are a) enemies can' t take as much damage as they could in previous demos, and b) the assault rifle seems to be far more accurate than previously.

I' ll get some low quality caps up.
QuezcatoL

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 04:53
Alan wake is in pair with Unreal engine 3.0

But with a more realistic look.

I love it.
QuezcatoL

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 05:22
http://www.gamerankings.com/htmlpages2/196694.asp?q=banjo%20kazooie

Banjo kazooie has a avg ratio of 91.1% it would have gotten a bit more if more reviews came from Europe.

Anyway the banjo kazooie to N64 kicked ass,i loved it,and the humor from Kazooie that fucked up bird
Vx Chemical

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 05:35
QuezcatoL

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 06:04
" the folks at Ensemble are the only team we trusted to make a Halo RTS and from what we' ve already seen (and played), it' s going to be awesome. And yes, the controls do work great on a 360 pad."

Just so you guys know that RTS is coming to 360.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 06:08
IGN' s bandwidth is swamped right now, It won' t finish buffering the godamn video.
Rampage99

RE: X06 Official Thread - Sep 28, 2006 06:18
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 7 of 10, messages 121 to 140 of 184

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages