Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WTF???!!! Motion Sensing DUALSHOCK???!!!
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 79 of 79
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 23:36
when i said sony won, i' m talking about past generations ...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 23:48

Virtua fighter 5 vs DOA 4 1 - 0
Metal gear solid 4 vs any 360 action game 1- 0
Final Fantasy 13 vs any 360 RPG 1 - 0
Devil may Cry 4 vs Too human 1 - 0
Killzone 2 vs Halo 3 0 - 1

Which part of that isnt exact bullshit except the last one? DOA has great chicks, Virtua fighter doesnt even have a name!

Metal Gear Solid 4? What about Gears of War? backdrop looks a lot cooler, graphics are just as well, and you might actually get to play, instead of just watching!

Final Fantasy has always had boring combat, Lost Odyssey will be miles ahead!

Devil May Cry 4, has it even been shown yet? Too Human looks amazing, and id rahter play Baldur than some transvestite looking half demon called Dante (which reminds me of pierce brosnan because of dante' s peak, and that aint good)

Killzone was a disaster, Halo has two good games in its catalog, im counting on 3
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 23:58
I disagree with what you say about PS2 destroying the Dreamcast with it' s games.

The essential PS2 titles didn' t even get released until early 2002 (fall 2001 in the US), just a few months after the Sega released the last games for it in the west. It wasn' t the quality of PS2' s games that killed the DC, it was the blind and biased hype towards Sony.

The DC had dozens of AAA games:

VF3
Daytona
Virtual On
Skies Of Arcadia
SFIII
KOF 98
HOTD2
Crazy Taxi
Resi Code Veronica.
Shenmue
DOA2
Virtua Tennis

And so on... 99% before Sony launched the PS2.

So far I was dissapointed with the 360, but after Sony' s showing at this years E3 the line-up looks great. The sheen filled, generic feeling Gears of War has come on leaps and bounds and is looking much better, although still a bit soulless. Plus Too Human, Next-gen Sonic looking as impressive as the PS3 build, and a superior controller with proper triggers.

Sony' s rehashed Dual Shock is a let down. The L2, R2 triggers haven' t even been designed as triggers properly, and the d-pad still looks like it' s the primary thing to use for diectional movement.

At least the batarang controller matched the design of the console.

Ultimately we' ll just have to see how things pan out. I' ll be getting all three machines as usual, and in PS3' s defence it does have VF5 and Tekken 6, which athough we saw a trailer for the series it did not represent the actual Tekken 6 game.

Which part of that isnt exact bullshit except the last one? DOA has great chicks, Virtua fighter doesnt even have a name!

VF is varstly superior to DOA, and I love both games. VF has a vintage look and style which evolves, while DOA has become trapped with character stylings since DOA2 on DC.
< Message edited by kyo.k -- 11 May 06 16:11:32 >
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 00:44
VF3 =========== arcade
Daytona======== arcade
Virtual On ========= arcade
Skies Of Arcadia
SFIII =========== arcade
KOF 98 ============= arcade
HOTD2 =========== arcade
Crazy Taxi ===============aracde
Resi Code Veronica.
Shenmue
DOA2 ========== aracade
Virtua Tennis ===========arcade

i wanted more games like RE code veronica, shenmue, grandia 2 , skies of arcadia hmmmm i' m sure there were a few more but the point is , my point is those kind of games were scarce , and this is the kind of games that make a console have a high profile or low profile , not some arcade ports .

and mind you i loooved all the game you listed above .
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 01:00
I agree with Abasoufiane, the Dreamcast was more or less a portable arcade. Not that there was anything wrong with that but it still lacked original AAA titles.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 02:41
I thought the dc had some really original titles but I don' t think they were quite as mainstream as the arcade stuff.

Headhunter
Jet set radio (was popular) but it went on a bit
Seaman (which was unique for th voice feature thing)
The tom clancy series I don' t think was arcade (correct me if i' m wrong)

But you are right about the arcade thing however they were good ports.

< Message edited by dasher232 -- 11 May 06 18:43:17 >
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 03:12

VF is varstly superior to DOA, and I love both games. VF has a vintage look and style which evolves, while DOA has become trapped with character stylings since DOA2 on DC.

It lost my respect a long time ago in an arcade. And the name Virtua Figther, is super unoriginal, even worse than Dead or Alive. Any game that cant have proper name doesnt deserve respect!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 03:32

Not that there was anything wrong with that but it still lacked original AAA titles.

hell no - Shenmue 1 and 2 , Jet Set Radio , Sonic Adventure, Grandia 2, (3rd party games like soulReaver , shadowman) there were quite a few AAA titles that seriously kicked Sony' s ass at that time and even today - SHENMUE actually will kick ass untill Shenmue 3 comes out with upgraded Shenmue 1 that will kick ass even more.

And the name Virtua Figther, is super unoriginal, even worse than Dead or Alive. Any game that cant have proper name doesnt deserve respect!

First shenmue - now this - that' s what you get when you have a PC gamer talking about console games...no one cares if you want to play crap all the time and call it awesome but it sux when people have no respect for art and living legends cause we have way to few of those.

It lost my respect a long time ago in an arcade

You' re loosing respect on kikizo as well by posting shit like the one about Shenmue
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 11 May 06 19:34:46 >
Kyo.k

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 03:37

Virtua Figther, is super unoriginal,

It was the first 3D fighting game ever made and by VF2 the unriveled deepest also.

Virtua Fighter is more than a fitting name for the first of it' s kind, and one which pushed the 3D beat' em up genre forward more than any other. Just look at VF3, still the yardstick of 3D fighters, in terms of design and depth.

Only VF4 and 5 are deeper but lack the defining undulating arena' s of VF3.
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 04:21
Everyone seems to be barking at Sony for copying Nintendos idea about motion sensing (yes, I also think they stole it) but none seem to complain about the origin of the X-Box controller; rest in peace dear Dreamcast (I’m so going to get slaughtered here for mentioning something bad about Ms).
Also, as a consumer I’m really glad to see that Sony did this. With a price at 600 Euro I want as much as I can get, and I happen to really like Nintendos idea, so I won’t complain if I can get some of it in Playstation. I do however feel a bit sorry for Shiggy when he had just come up with such a great idea and whish only great things for him in the next generation.
dasher232

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 06:29
Ok even if ms did copy some design aspects of the dc controller ok however if that' s the case they' ve made their controller theirs by applying it' s features that defines it' s system. But sony copied internal features the main difference being that none of the thing they tried to make their own really coincides with what they claim to be trying to achieve. I.e was it in son' s original brief that motion sensing is their priority in trying to change gaming or a service similar to live that will create a gaming community. What I think is moreover shameful is that they even use the company' s own words to try to sell their own. However saying that I wish them the best of luck in trying to emmulate. Bear in mind though it' s taken microsoft and nintendo a while to create the ground works and features for their system motion sensing and xbl on such a scale. But them doing so displays that it' s competition so i' m intrigued to see how things work out nonetheless.
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 06:47
Microsoft hired Sega to make the controller for Xbox.... they didn' t just rip off the dreamcast pad.
dasher232

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 06:50

ORIGINAL: locopuyo

Microsoft hired Sega to make the controller for Xbox.... they didn' t just rip off the dreamcast pad.

Yeah which is a bit more respectful, than subtly emulating the original without the companys input. But like I said I wish them luck with it.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 10:06

I don' t think of myself as a hater but...

....you seem to have missed out the words:

" I AM FULL OF SHIT "

...in the rest of your post, dude....

...try not to be so careless next time, ok?
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 12 May 06 2:11:24 >
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 16:10
Copying design is just as bad as copying internal features if you ask me, however I didn' t know that they had hired Sega for the design of their controller (makes me really wonder about the size ). And just a heads up to people reading my posts, I don’t tend to dig deep after facts and only type things as I remember/think/sees them and therefore I might often make stupid mistakes. So I hope you can be patient with me, as I’m rather lazy and really busy (not a the greatest combination). Also when it comes copying as well as other questionable moves, all companies make them. Just as how you could say that Sony copied Nintendos rumble pack feature and the X-Box copied Sony by having it built in. Possibly this will become the next standard for controllers just as the rumble feature before this.
dasher232

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 17:48

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

I don' t think of myself as a hater but...

....you seem to have missed out the words:

" I AM FULL OF SHIT "

...in the rest of your post, dude....

...try not to be so careless next time, ok?

Bishonen whats all the ' ' i' m full of shit about?' '
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 12, 2006 23:56
...despite being constantly bored to death with your endless anti-sony rants, i excepted your views, as i am not one to try and change them....

....but to then try and make out that you don' t hate Sony, is simply insulting....

....at least haters like VX have the balls to stand up for thier prejudices....
dasher232

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 13, 2006 00:29
Bishonen....so me saying I don' t necessairly hate sony is insulting? to who?, I air my opinions and ty to be honest about what I mean and how I say it. Sony covers a wider base than just their entertainment sector and I have sony products that aren' t console related, me having an opinion different to yours doesn' t mean i' m tryig to influence or change anyone' s opinions in anyway.

To my knowledge I have' nt said to anyone not to get a ps3, it' s rubbish or ' ' I hate them' ' , but it would appear to be ' ' anti-sony' ' you just have to not like at least one of their products. I thought the name of the game was abut discussion and to me thats in-put from different angles, without pettyily resorting to profanity toput a point across. In all i' m 19 I have a lot to learn and try not to insult people without reasoning.

Ps i' m sure you' ll be willing to comment on how much crap,shit or whatever I talk but it' s welcome nonetheless.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 13, 2006 00:40
Muhahaha... The novelty of this controller will only last for 2 months.. It will
mainly be for when my 2 year old cousin tries to play racing games, or if my gf
and her friends want to hang out at mine and shake their asses a bit because
they are too stupid to know how joysticks work, wheres the thrill going to be of
everyone grouped up on the settee when mum' s gone to work? When will I get
elbow room for this pad? I like playing games with other people, I live in a family
of about 5, and everyone plays games.. If you lot watch the nintendo demo' s
again with Zelda, and Red Steel, you will see how much the guys were shrugging
their shoulders trying to loosen up a bit (ooo shoulder cramp). How are we meant
to play games lying on the bed?

So I deduce from this that

Wii: Yay, i can be Tinkerbell whenever I want!

PSWii60: Hoo-hargh, I can now drive like my 70 year old grandma and my
2 year old cousin, and it will actually get me somewhere. I' m intelligent I know
how joysticks work.

360: I get nice green lights, so I always know where my pad is when it comes in
to land after it' s been to NeverLand.
Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 61 to 79 of 79

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages