Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WTF???!!! Motion Sensing DUALSHOCK???!!!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 79
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 06:58
its meant to have a crappy qauilty plastic feel. Which is understandable from just looking at it. I am not a fan of it really. I wanted something newer.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 07:04
....oh. my. god...
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 07:19
I could have guessed that Sony would underhandedly try to steal some of the N' s thunder, and I guess to an extent they did, but it is merely an attempt to mislead Sony consumers as saying that they can do what Nintendo does, only better. I' d like to see speakers on the remote then. Oh, you should make it so that you only need one hand to play at times. Oh, furthermore....

It is cool to have the motion sensing, but it is not as full blown as Nintendo' s interface. Oh well, I' ll still get a PS3 anyway. Way too many RPGs I want to play on it.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 07:25
lool

why you do hate that controler and what' s wronf with the dual shock 2 anyway ? sur it has it flaws but it' s the damn best controler i ever played (although the 360 is better that i' mù sure of even if i didn' t try it) but that new controler , i think it' ll be an excellent pad , surely better then the 360 one, light, feels great at hand, the analog has been adjusted (which was the problem in ps2) , + they added the triggers which is very important and i always thought it was disapoining to not have them...

above all that , there is that motion sensing thing which i think is pretty cool, it' s hilarious guys when you talk about gimmiks and stuff, what the hell is wrong with that ? can' t it be used in racing for exemple , shooters , bikes ... i really think it' s reallly cool... man i' m starting to feel very weiiird in this forum ..
vdig

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 07:44
Oh, I LOVE the Dual Shock design, don' t get me wrong. Although it is a bit wierd now that it does not Shock anymore. Is it better than the 360 one? Hmmm... I' d say the jury is out in that regard. Depends on your personal preference, I guess.

Motion sensing IS a great addition. However, I think the cause of it being added is indeed due to Sony' s attempt to cover all the bases and claim to be one up over the Wii. Indeed, graphic and hardware wise, they are. However, Nintendo has the one up in unique gameplay possibilities, and when the game editors test that, there would be Nintendo' s true litmus test. Likewise, I do want to see a good amount of Sony games to use this technology. For racers, it is very much mandatory.

I mean, Initial D Arcade to PS3. Drool! (Honestly, no matter what console it would ever be released for, I would drool, so long as it has multiplayer.)

Finally, I never do complain about the handling of the PS2 Dual Shock, so the break in time will be zero.
Bishonen

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 07:48
....i really hope i' m wrong...

....but...

...from what i have seen, it is nothing more than a extremely poorly realised ' me too' gimmick.. ...Sony ineptly trying to steal Nintendo' s mojo...

...i can' t see any real worthwhile use for it, except as a distraction for hyper-active 5 year olds... ...and noob girl gamers who always move the whole controller when playing a driving or fps game.....

...there' s too much information for me to process at the moment, with so much going on n' all, but initially, this motion thing seems so crap that it actually makes the DS touch bulsh*t look almost good....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 9 May 06 23:51:02 >
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 07:52

man i' m starting to feel very weiiird in this forum .

Sony fanboys usually feel strange here ...sorry

There are no triggers - llower shoulder buttons are a bit bigger nad deeper but nothing like triggers from what I' ve read

Please don' t get excited about tilt sensors that have been used in many 3rd party controllers before (since year 2000) and in some GBA games.

The problem Sony is facing now is that they have entered into direct competition with N over innovative controllers - the one they cannot win when someone tried both.(wii is to technologically advanced for it)

At least now we know why Nintendo didn' t want to show too much before ...

I won' t forget kutaragis face when he thought he' s the king of innovation with this new thing - just standing there and smiling like he won something

< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 9 May 06 23:53:29 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 07:53
now here' s where i have to dissagree with many people, i hate lightweight controllers with a fiery passion that burns in the depths of my soul. I think i' m gonna have to rip out the weights in my old dualshock (ps version) and slap em in there just for weight. (if there' s room) I can see how the Wii controller has to be light, but, i mean, you can do tilt and pitch from your seat, with your wrists on your knees. it doesn' t need to be that light.

I am hoping that the developers have the sense to make the motion sensitive controller an option, as opposed to a gimmick. I don' t mind gimmicks. the DS was a gimmick, and it' s great. The Wii looks like a HUGE gimmick, but it also looks great, but when i think of Sony Playstation, i think of hardcore games with action controlled solely with your fingers. that' ll be interesting, because it would be great for flight games, but i' m hoping developers don' t feel the need to include pitch and tilt in all of their games. (a.k.a. dont even think about it Gearbox)
Bishonen

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 08:24
....if they had just made the batarrang more like dual shock 2 or 360' s controller, that would of been more or less respectable...

....but a rumble-less dual shock with a gyro scope?...

...lame...

.....really. ...f*cking. ...lame..

...i' d like to be positive, but there' s no redemption for it is there?..... ....i' m sure that when used as a standard controller it will be fine, like current dual shocks...

...it' s insulting that they decide to tack on some stupid idiot pleasing sh*t at the eleventh hour and expect us to go:

" ooooooh wow"

..so ken, how will the new ' motion sensing' on your new controller revolutionise playing Final Fantasy XIII on the PS3 then?.....

...retarded....

...this is the exact sort of crap that made me laugh with utter disdain at the DS with it' s sh*tty stylus-prod crap....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 10 May 06 0:27:07 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 08:32
I don' t see how you could like this controller unless you are a hardcore sony fanboy.
Abasoufiane

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 09:13
talking to me?? the question is

how the hell couldn' t you like this pad, foget about the rip off fromm nintendo , this is not my business , i' m talking about the pad itself

we were expecting a fucking boomrang, and we complained a lot, so they changed it back to dual shock 2 shape which is fine , they added some features , polished some stuff so what' s the problem?

sony fanboy yeah right !!!
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 09:15
Liking it over the concept controller is alright I guess. But liking it compared to real controllers, no.
UnluckyOne

• Total Posts : 995
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 10:12
Does this mean the Dual " Shock" (as in rumble) name is completely irrelevant now?
vdig

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 10:14
Ken? You mean my avatar, Kenshiro? Must be talking to me. Yeah, I hear ya.

They had BETTER NOT include such a thing in my RPGs, or at least not the FF series! Reason - such a gimmick in that series would seriously p___ me off. It is good where it is expected, and could be used in action titles, especially shooters of the first and third person, controlling your lean and whatnot, but not for RPGs.

Still, with the exception of that gimmick, and the removal of the Shock in Dual Shock, it is still the familiar, relatively comfortable pad Sony gamers have been accustomed to for years. For some, that is reassuring. For others, it is disappointing. For others still, myself included, it is both.

Just no motion detection for traditional role playing games, please. If I want that kind of experimentation, do it on the radically different Wii. At least that system is designed for it, and designed well. Thank you.
Bishonen

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 23:27
...naw man... ...i was talking to that pimped-out Sony dude....

....although i don' t see how you can think that Sony' s motion thing is ok for an FPS and whatnot.....

...seems like it' s only viable on party games... ...like getting Ursala to shake her pretty @$$ in a nextgen Space Channel game....

....i can see where Sony are coming from now though ...they' re obviously looking to court the general mass more, like Nintendo..... ...buy appealing to your kid sister and mom more.....

...hell, i bet they even release a sweet pink version of the PS3 with a nice black carrying handle.... so that YOU TOO can look sexy whilst shopping...

...like all those gamecube owners did....
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 10 May 06 15:38:05 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 23:43
mention the name pelase next time, you won' t get people confused, since i feel like i' m the only " sony dude" here which i' m not , i' m being objective like not many fanboys around here.

i don' t see that meotion sensor things is good for fps i mean i don' t see its use in that kind of game, but i do see it good for racing, shooters and even fighting and heck there will be a lot and a lot od ideas coming out of this controler, it' s really obvious , it will open a lot of options , you know people are never happy always have to complain and i don' t what the hell you' re complaing for " sony why did you include that in your controler , you copy nintendo bastard " , i really really do remember nintendo when they first introduced their controler, oh my god, how many people in this very forum made joke about them, saying that nintendo is already dead , you guys remmeber that don' t you? last year E3 anyone?? yeaaah you could not stop bitching and saying that nintendo is scrwed and that power is very important which they missed this generation ... i' m just a reminder .
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 23:44
Ok, here' s my only input on this. How the hell could Sony not be embarassed as hell when they debuted the thing? There isn' t a soul alive who can honestly say this thing isn' t a ripoff of Nintendo' s idea. And that' s fine, it' s been done before, they' ll do it again. But to present this as a " new" idea that they thought of all on their own with there " six degrees of freedom" crap, come on!! Be a man, say " hey, the competition had a GREAT idea, we' re implementing SOME of those ideas into our controller, and keeping some of our own ideas" They would have done that and I would have said " good job sony, very mature" This though, this is just childish to not even aknowledge The big N' s contribution.
Abasoufiane

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 23:46
here is one of some stupid talk about Wii controler back then which now remind me of what' s happening with PS3 controler , like those kind of talk

" i don' t need to look stupid with that controler , swinging like a weirdo, i want just a classic controler thank you !!"

or things like

" i want to feel confortable, i' ll get tired with that controler , and hwo could u use that in other game anyway except FPS !!"

damn you fanboys
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 23:48
Hey I remember the bitching. I wasn' t one of them. but Abasoufiane, do you agree with me that it would have been so much better if Sony would have titled their hat to Nintendo, and then did this, rather than saying " hey look what we thought of!!"
Abasoufiane

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 10, 2006 23:57
soemwhat yes mxpx182, but you know it' s business and it' s competition, didn' t xbox stole the idea from nintendo of including 4 ports pads, sega as well , how about the first analog (which was a true revolution back then with the n64), man this is not the first time it happened...

may be sony should not brag about it like they did and i really hate/love kutaragi face when he was showing the pad , that look on his face was hilarious , have u seen that??

but anyway, really , sony did a great move buisness wise (not moral but who cares in this case), they really made a fast move and it' s really really a good surprise for me and for many developers.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 2 of 4, messages 21 to 40 of 79

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message