Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 WTF???!!! Motion Sensing DUALSHOCK???!!!
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 79
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 00:06
Yeah, I have no problem that it has happened, it' s just the smug look on there faces. woohooo six degrees of freedom, they even fucking named it. I agree, about all the other ripoffs that have happened in the past, but I do remember that when the analog stick was copied, it was much more of a " hey, great idea, we' re doing it too"
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 00:07
Hopefully the next time Nintendo comes up with a great idea they' ll ignore gamers completely and NOT reveal their hand until NEARING the launch of their console, lol. I' m one of the shmucks who could have easily waited till the very end to find out any of the secrets of the Wii controller. Hopefully now Nintendo sees how right they were to be secretive for as long as they were and next time they' ll just hold out MUCH longer and slap developers with the tightest NDAs the industry has ever seen.
mxpx182

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 00:19
that' s a two sided sword though. I rememebr how much everybody made fun of Nintendo for being so paranoid. They were a joke, and it was getting to the point that if they didn' t reveal, they weren' t going to get ANY support, or press. I think Nintendo' s just going to have to live with the fact that they will always be copied. Maybe word on getting more patents to make copying harder, but I doubt it could ever be stopped. A third option is to flat out lie next time. Tell us nothing new is happening, same controller, more powerful machine. That' s what Sony and M$ were going with basically. Than a month before say " actually, this controller you sit on and play with your ass" or whatever the hell they think up.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 00:57
So wait, when I come back from a hard days work or a hard session at the gym
(no jokes please)..... I can come home...

relax.....

Oh wait, there' s a choice between two controllers and a merger of 2 controllers..

Now that I am relaxed.....

What to do?...

I KNOW!!!

Get up like an f-ing IDIOT and shake my joints about, contracting arthritis and
Parkinsons on the way down!!!

No-one plays game' s energetically! Most of the time I start to play games I
always think of something lazy and entertaining I can do; and that is play games.

The PS3 controller makes me laugh, everyone (including the OMG I love sony
fan boys) knows that the controllers " We copied Nintendo' s" 6 degree' s of
motion pad will not be incorporated in all their games. So the rest of the time
they will be playing with a lifeless pad:

" Sh!t, I am being shot, the screens flashing but no force feed back!"

Now, I am thinking on a multiplayer aspect here.. Just imagine u
3 of your friends meet up and you are all
grouped around a TV and a Revolution or PS3 ......... to f-ing bump and grind
whilst playing multiplayer Smash Bros or Killzone.

Well done Sony, way to branch out your games to 6 year olds grannies and
retards!

Expect to see PS3' s in all insane asylums; now they have an excuse to move
like that.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 01:03

mention the name pelase next time, you won' t get people confused, since i feel like i' m the only " sony dude" here which i' m not , i' m being objective like not many fanboys around here.

..no dumb@$$... ...i ment this:

...PIMPED-OUT Sony dude....

...d' oh!...
< Message edited by Bishonen -- 10 May 06 17:05:07 >
mxpx182

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 01:13
I hereby award you post of the year tiz. Here' s your trophy.

Evilkiller

• Total Posts : 660
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 01:13
@Abasoufiane

Yes you got a point in saying that there have been so many things stolen in console buisness(but the analog stick isn' t by nintendo if I remember correctly. Sega released a special controller for NiGhTs a bit earlier I think) but the problem with Sony' s stealing is that everything halfway interesting(beside the games) Sony showed at the press briefing was actually stolen. The online plattform (will they call it Playstation LIVE?), the controller (take the old design, mix it with Microsoft' s Sidewinder, the XBox 360 Pad and the Wii-Remote and you get the new PS3 Pad...without a rumble feature) and even the 2 SKU approach. If there would have been more innovations and new things by Sony itself I dont think people would have minded that much.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 01:24
Bishonen that' s the exact face that make me laugh with tears, that and he was standing next to Phil while he was explaining stuff about the pad..

Evilkiller you are damn right, but isn' t it after all good for sony ? would all this talk matter in one year , i really don' t think so ...

what i thought really bad from sony is the stealing from microsoft, i mean the thing in the middle of the controler, with the 4 numbers like xbox360 pas... that' s amateurish ... but as i said it won' t mater afterwards , only games will matter and that controler will deliver IMO.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 02:23
I really, really liked the Dual Shock 2 with the exception of the d-pad because it doesn' t suit some of my favourite genres.
The symmetry sure is fascinating and it' s interesting to se that a picture of the " traditional controller" for the Wii has got its analog sticks symmetricly placed.
I would' ve been really happy with a Dual Shock 2 WITH force feedback and the little tweaks they made on the analog sticks and the triggers but instead they REMOVED the force feedback and put in some stupid motion-sensing things that just makes this unnecessarily complicated.
And having motion-sensing in a controller designed as the Dual Shock 2 is a bad idea. I picked up a Dual Shock at home and pretended it had motion-sensing and started twisting it and such and it really hurt my vrists. It really did, and I can' t imagine how it' ll feel after several hours of playtime. Try it yourselves.
So I hope the feature will be used as little as possible (which makes the stuff worthless).
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 10 May 06 18:25:03 >
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 06:27
Constant moves like this are leading to playstation' s death. They had a chance to go into this generation as a powerful leader and they are already losing power.

Even sony fanboys will eventually be convinced things like this controller are stupid.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 07:41
Do not underestimate the blindness of Sony fanboys :)

(but the analog stick isn' t by nintendo if I remember correctly. Sega released a special controller for NiGhTs a bit earlier I think)

Nope
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 10 May 06 23:48:24 >
vdig

• Total Posts : 226
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 07:57
Speaking of NiGhTs... now is the time for a sequel to come out. Wii stick demands it. The prerequisite of unique control is met. Cough up Sega!

Never underestimate the fanboys. They are scary, and gang up on you like swarms of killer bees. They would tear anything you threw at them up, even if it is pure fact. They are religious conservative types, only they worship Sony instead of a traditional god and or prophets. Fanatics to the core, they are violent and quite mad. Therefore, I say again, sharing ]GaNgStA[' s sentiment - never underestimate the fanboys.

Doctors rejoice! You will see PS3 gamers who use the motion sensing function of that controller within a year or two, due to arthritis in the wrists.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 08:06
dont worry you wont find any sony ones here, alltough, i cannot speak for nintendo/microsoft...
Ikashiru

• Total Posts : 649
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 08:12
lol, ive missed something, apart from plenty of fanboy bashing, which is always good. People have to open their eyes.

I know people are tiring, but it hink the whole sony > nintendo > MS Sony > MS > Nintendo whatever arguments fascinate me!

Although with that said I thought this PS3 controller was actually a joke, and im being deadly serious, (at first!)

I know people say it will function, but so will an N64 or nights pad, but they still evolved.

The real reason is that its a way to keep costs down for such an expensive console, steal a bit of thunder from their rivals, and use ideas (regardless of their origin) which are part of modern gaming culture.

The trick is, not to come across so arrogantly that you pretend you invent them!
vdig

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 09:37
Hey man, I still want a PS3. Need the RPG fix. Only thing is, the RPGs I want probably will not be at launch, which is just as well. The price hurts bad. Also, you bet I would not like to miss MGS4 either.

Don' t call me a fanboy of any corporation. Call me an all round video game fan. Still, I like pointing out the big plays and misplays of each corporation. They all do it. Heck, I dismissed the Cube during the start of the previous generation. Said it would have barebones third party support, and that only the marquee titles could save it.
PS2... wanted one badly, and got it. GTA 3 was the Iblis Trigger for that one. X-Box seemed like something that would prove to be more than what it seemed, and boy was it a good first console.

Still, one has to wonder about Sony these days. What are they thinking?
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 13:35

Hey man, I still want a PS3.

....yeah... ...i think all the haters are gonna miss out on some great games...

...their loss, huh?....

Bishonen that' s the exact face that make me laugh with tears, that and he was standing next to Phil while he was explaining stuff about the pad..

...that' s his " hey i' m rich, and all you kids are about to make me 3x richer" face dude...

...i bet he' s got an island just like that dude form ' Enter the Dragon' too...

dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 22:36
I don' t think of myself as a hater but I don' t ike sony' s attitude when it comes to the treatment of their fanbase and consumers for the following reasons:

#1)With Sony you have no innovation whatsoever. If there had been no Nintendo, Sega, or Xbox for that matter, Sony wouldn' t know what to do next. The creative geniuses at Sony tried their hand at redesign by introducing the original boomerang concept controller for the PS3 last year (which a cave man could have done). And when they actually wen' t back to the drawing board, had a brilliant chance to develop something sleek and new what did they do.....recycle the original controller that' s been in use for years and spray a bit of glossy paint on it, and it also looks very cheaply made in comparison to the 360 stuff.

#2) The sony entertainment division when it comes to gaming they are so convinced that gaming is their no.1 priority yet most of their marketing are solely based on formats, i.e the umd and blu ray.

#3) Lack of flexibility this I can go on forever with but i' ll name a few. Example microsoft made a hd-dvd add on for it' s console giving the consumer the choice to join the ' ' hd generation' ' if you like when they feel like it or can afford to. Now if you take the time to look at the ps3 you' ll notice the fact that everything is built in... that might sound good untill you realize you cant add a hdmi cable or swap that drive.

#4) Exclusivity, I don' t particularly care that much about whats exclusive or not but i' m using this to show exactly how economical other companies are nintendo included. Now gta4 for instance is cross platform (ps3, 360) but microsoft has actually gotten one over on them...they got the exclusive rights to the extra content to extend the game (so ps3 wont get downloadable addons to extend the episodes only 360) they had the opportunity to take the entire GTA4 and make it fully 360 exclusive but decided against the move (according to what I heard) so that in it self saves them a bit of money but shifts the balance in their favour automatically.

#5) Regurgitation: Grand t hd (whats that about?) as far as I know it' s just an old game with new graphics...so they spent so much time coming up with that?. Tekken doesn' t impress me this time round and sorry to offend the metal gear fans but that just bored me when I saw it simply because it' s always the same.

So all in all my point is I dont think sony has exactly given people much of a reason or rather enough reasons to cross over to or stay in their cam it was all well and good when they caught people off guard when they were movie fanatics with their overly hyped machine that killed the dreamcast. However this generation is really about innovation good games and consumer satifaction at a reasonable cost and more importantly fun,

what sony has done with this machine (imo) is more or less stolen, they stole time to make it better (apparently) they stole their fans faith in them and let down and shamefully they stole ideas from their competitors.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 23:10
Dasher232 believe me you' re going too harch on sony.

i believe that without sony, video games won' t be what they are today, they made video games look cool, they made it mainstream and they made it really big... if it wasn' t sony, i don' t think Microsoft will join.

Nintendo was always a stubborn headed company that get its ass kicked shameful, they were humilitaed so many time because of some of their stupid moves, until recently that they start to wake up... Nintendo is very mean, just look at the Portables, i bet if sony didn' t want to launch the PSP , we will see a gameboy advance 2 with nothing special... it' s only competition that pushed them forward and slap them at the face.

sony is a colossus in electronic, nintendo can' t match them, the only way around is innovation and delivering good ideas, this time i think they made it great.

as for sony and its games, they have a lot of big Guns, let' s make a small comparaison with each AAA titles

Virtua fighter 5 vs DOA 4 1 - 0
Metal gear solid 4 vs any 360 action game 1- 0
Final Fantasy 13 vs any 360 RPG 1 - 0
Devil may Cry 4 vs Too human 1 - 0
Killzone 2 vs Halo 3 0 - 1

this is a small comparaison and i' m talking only about the promises of each game and basing my opinion on the last experiences.

as for the ps2 controler , for me it' s better than the 360 pad , overall, i read some previews and it says it' s really good so what' s the problem ?? if you don' t agree about which is best, at least we can safely say that it' s a very good pad regardless of the stealing shit , that' s not my business here.

SOny deserved to be teh leader, in psone era , hey were the best and nothing could came close even N64 with many of its AAA titltes and saturn let' s hide it away please.

Playstation 2 killed the dreamcast so badly for a simple reason , it was better , sure the hype helped but what really made the difference are the support of 3rd party, i owned a dreamcast and oh my god i was soo excited at the time, seeing this huuuuuge jump from previous generation, i could only dream of the next metal gear solid , final fantasy and much more games from sega stuff but boy was i disapointed !!

No metal gear
no RPG' s and i' m a diehard fan of good RPG , dreamcast had 2 rpg' s for god sake ( Grandia 2 and skies or arcadia ) and don' t mention the orther crap.
castlevanie was canceled !!
no soccer game, i was dreaming of seeing Pro evolution soccer !
and i can' t stop this list , if you love arcads dreamcast is for you , if you biuy console to play serious games , this console is not for you ... well almost

so sony won and it deserves all what it has today.

in the past generation, sony' s mistakle was the online part, no they catch up and they making it much better, what i love about sony is that they react as fast as possible, they are not stubborn.
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 23:23
No offense to you abasou...but my argument wasn' t ' ' sony doesn' t deserve what it has' ' i' m more foucsed on what their company leads towards these days I don' t live in the past. And I highly doubt that the ps2 was a ' ' better machine' ' in my opinion dreamcast had a vast library of much better games than sony did but it all came down to format I know a lot of people that only bought it cos it had a dvd drive. And that seems to be what sony' s counting on yet again. Also apart from that I find a lot of things they do to my displeasure so whether it' s me and my opinion alone I don' t really see my valid points as being too harsh...the harsh reality of it is that a lot of those things aren' t far from reality.

And in reply to the controller thing that' s your opinion I find the 360 controller much more comfortable than the ps2 one so that' s an opinion not fact.

And as for comparing the games you have to consider that microsoft is a relatively new comer so their stuff are not that much stretched out as in terms of duration.

I still stand by my opinion and quite frankly don' t believe i' m being too harsh.
vdig

RE: Motion Sensing Batarrang? - May 11, 2006 23:28
Sony won? Nah. I would think that each company is playing to their strengths, which is good for all of us gamers.

Sony has the power and a great lineup of software that everyone will anticipate, and eventually shell out $$$$ for.

Microsoft has a sweet lineup that is almost ready to hit the market. Has sweet integrated gaming experience throughout all M$ products. I personally want to open my e-mail and find I got a digital car from a pal. Even if I don' t have the game...

" Wow. Too bad I don' t have the game. That' s 12 cars already... maybe I should buy it, since my pals all think it rocks."

Nintendo looks like it has awakened to the challenge by the two usurpers of the prior generations by attempting to recreate the rennaisance that was the NES launch. Now however, many of the ideas present during the NES days may become fully realised with the Wii. I mean, let' s face it - the powerglove simply did not have the appropriate technology nor the software to properly work back then. Still, the Zapper was awesome being the first gun accessory for a console ever. I still remember the grey and white with red trigger Zapper... makes that familiar ' ting' sound.

In other words, this E3 is far more interesting than the last one, in my opinion.

Still, I stick with what I said earlier - doctors will see an increase in wrist arthritis when the PS3 comes out.
Change Page: < 1234 > | Showing page 3 of 4, messages 41 to 60 of 79

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message