Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Gears of War Thread (Update: More Video Glory)
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 101 to 120 of 173
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 09, 2006 21:17

ORIGINAL: Chee Saw

That' s the thing. How long does everyone expect a first person shooter to last? The gameplay does not lend itself to variety, and as such, I think eight to ten hours is enough. Prey was perfect (length-wise) as far as I' m concerned. I mean, I actually finished it (which doesn' t happen with a lot of games these days).

Nah, Prey was too short. I finished it in 3 nights, and of course the first 3rd of it I had already played on the free demo!

I think 15-20 hours. Any less and it is finished in 3 nights. XBox games are £50 each in most stores, so that' s really not a lot of play.

As Majik and I said, it' s different when multiplayer makes it really fun and you get more hours worth out of it. Then of course you need to sepnd MS$ on new maps, but if you have a good group of friends playing a game it' s worthwhile. In Prey' s case, I' m glad I was trading titles in when I got it because if I had shelled out 50 big ones I would have been gutted.

I wish I could remember how long it took me to finish the first Halo now... about 20 hours???? Would that make me rubbish?
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 09, 2006 21:38
The amount of replay value i found in GRAW was one of the things that has made the game so superb in my eyes.

The campaign is pretty short, but if you play it on hard (like you should be doing anyway) then it obviously takes longer. But the scoring system for the campaign game maps are something that doesn' t really get talked about but is actually really cool. I mean did you get ' A' s on ever map, did you get above [insert random figure] percent headsots?!

I like it, it' s just a shame it doesn' t actually have any effect on the game.

The most replay value is found in the online campaign maps and online multiplayer. The multiplayer is the best on 360 and probably my favourtite of any game on any system, but the online campaign maps could have probably been a game on their own if they' d included the 2nd lot of 4 maps in the beginning.

The ability to play on your own, or with loads of other people to kill CPU controlled enemies and achieve multiple objectives is awesome. If you factor in the wealth of options and game modes (and there are LOADS) then you' ve easily gotten more than your moneys worth.

The game isn' t for everybody and gears won' t be too, but the inclusion of the 2 player online co-op and awesome looking multiplayer should flesh out the replay value significantly. The campaign should take about 10-12 hours first time around so it' s twice as long as say Kameo, GRAW or Perfect Dark Zero, and longer than Quake 4 and Prey.

I' m guessing that they' ll do a ' Chapter 2' stylee download some time early next year with a focus on multiplayer -- maybe some new 4 player co-op levels for the main campaign...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 16:58
4 new trailers on gametrailers to capture the mood and story of the game!
< Message edited by VX Chemical -- 11 Oct 06 8:58:25 >
Anita

• Total Posts : 71
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 17:23
I must admit those trailers are making the game look very appealing now. This game might prove worth while after all.
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 17:51
Just watched them! November 17th cant come soon enough!
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread (Now with 8 minutes of HD glory) - Oct 11, 2006 21:34
no one else liked em i take it?

Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: The Gears of War Thread (Now with 8 minutes of HD glory) - Oct 11, 2006 21:50
just you and me Vx.

How ya doing anyway?
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 21:55

just you and me Vx.

How ya doing anyway?

What? you just admited being Anita didnt you?

Im doing great!
Gaiden BLACK

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 21:59

FOR the love of god i am not Anita

i was talking as in just you and me in this thread. As no1 was commenting on the gears of war video.

Man everything i say is under serious watch.

i repeat i am not Anita
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:04
I dont care who you are, and i dont care who Anita is! I just asked if no one else liked the video, after me and Anita had replied, then you come in saying just you and me, after having seen the thing you and Majik talking about, i thought yeah yeah!

:) So what did you think of the videos Gaiden?
Nitro

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:06

ORIGINAL: Gaiden BLACK

FOR the love of god i am not Anita

ORIGINAL: Anita

Havent got my account set up yet ill let you know when i do.

Dont whatever me

Gaiden BLACK

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:08
Just finished watching the one where they say his dad is calling him or something. I really cant wait for this game.

I really like the main characters attitude, he is your typical brute.
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:10
The coalition one is the coolest!

" and to those of you who cant make it to safety! We thank you for your sacrifice"

Almost gave me the chills, im drooling to play the game!

Gaiden BLACK

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:11
Your funny majik although my account has been setup for some time now just recover it to my new 360.
Nitro

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:23
Dude, seriously....

Ok quez none of those things you have mentioned there are orginal in any way.
Cover system seen it in GRAW, pefect dark zero etc...

Whether its tweaked or not itz still been done and therefore nothing new.

Ive seen flanking in loads of games, ok graphics/style GOW is awesome but that aint enough i need more than pretty lights. AFTER all im not just watching the game im playing it. GAMEPLAY wise GOW is weak.

Assasins Creed is probably the only example of true next generation gameplay.

Dont call me bitch again quez OR ill cut off your balls and staple them to your nipples.

My life is just beginning, i keep hearing that from my bloody headmaster.

IM 17 DAM IT

Ok i made a couple of mistakes so WHAT!!!!!

Are you really that sad that you have to pick up my mistakes with my english. Its not even my first language but thats besides the point when what i am saying makes sense to everybody else.

Its funny how everyone has moved on the fact that i am a girl but you still have diffculty accepting it which again is quite sad, seeing how gender has nothing to do with a GAMES FORUM.

Unless of course you get exicted when you know your talking to a girl or you find it hard to believe that a girl would be on a games forum.

PLEASE TELL ME WHICH IS IT

ive BEEN trying to decide on what next GEN console to buy as i have a bit of cash and i saw the features for PS3 and thought to myself HOW could someone decide to buy the XBOX 360.

i swear the pS3 has far more features, better games and the UNSTOPPABLE FAN base.

but im still undecided HELP!!!!!!!!!!!

oh yeh and BLU RAY rocks.......

You KNOW what ginjirou is the only guy here that can see both sides of the coin.

hes the only one that hasnt attack me just because ive said something THAT YOU LOT dnt agree with.

thanks for the honest non bias support.

...i think you don' t even realise you' re CAPSing things...
Gaiden BLACK

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:27
Majik you can believe what you want i have no reason to pose as someone else. You are being to picky, so what if we have a similar style of writing.

Before it was a joke, NOW you are just pissing me off.
Nitro

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 22:30

Majik you can believe what you want i have no reason to pose as someone else. You are being to picky, so what if we have a similar style of writing.

Before it was a joke, NOW you are just pissing me off.
>>><<<
Gaiden BLACK

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 11, 2006 23:26
fuck you
Nitro

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 12, 2006 00:21

Next time Tiz instead of trying to be funny why dont you just answer the question FULL STOP.

You really are a dickhead

OK sonic IS soooooooooo cool and is gonna kick sum serious ass

ALSO confirmation for KH2 WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT

OK Majik you are right i' m ANITA. I like to pretend THAT i am female because im having problems WITH my sexual identity but i have to COUNTER it by having an opposing avatar. My ANITA avatar is male and my gaiden avatar is female because IM messed up in THE head!!!

Please forgive me and DONT tell taz. Also dont KILL me in GRAW cause i knows YOUS is the bestest!!!

PS im GAY and now you can call me GAYden!!!!!

Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 12, 2006 00:42
Demo rumours have started to surface!

Gears of War just got all viral on us. People who subscribed to the game' s official site received an email this morning with a cryptic message and even more cryptic link.

The message seems to be a bit of coalition propaganda, but a dozen of the words in the paragraph are hyperlinks to the same page. The links all point to a sub-page of the Gears of War site called 48HrsExclusiveAccess. The page first shows a little black and white security video of Marcus Fenix in a prison cell and then goes black. You' re give three matches to light and explore a wall on the page. If you click on any of the four messages you find there you get to see four different videos showing backstory and some gameplay.

More interesting is the fact that the dozen words that are hyperlinks in the email form the sentence: Marcus Fenix has been located. You have 48 hours to mobilize.

The question is what does that mean. It could mean that the linked page is only around for 48 hours or, let' s hold our breath, that we will be perhaps getting a demo of Gears of War in two days.

Go, rend the site, let us know what you come up with. The full email is on the jump. Brian Crecente

48HrsExclusiveAccess [Gears of Wa, thanks to all the readers who sent in tips]

Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will Marcus triumph because Fenix of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera has will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition been of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to located the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition You of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared have to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will 48 triumph because hours of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the to Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered mobilize Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition. Trust in the Coalition of Ordered Governments. Sera will triumph because of the Coalition. The Locust are weak compared to the Coalition.

Now i dont think true!

and i really would like other peoples opinions on the vids i posted about! ohhh and fuck this Anita Gaiden Schizo complex, i dont care whos who and whats what. Get em to play eachother on live and be done with it! Take it to the Everyone forum :) Bitte
< Message edited by Vx Chemical -- 11 Oct 06 16:42:56 >
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 6 of 9, messages 101 to 120 of 173

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread