Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 The Gears of War Thread (Update: More Video Glory)
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 173
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 02, 2006 23:50
Well he didnt post it with working links and in The Gears of Wars thread. So there!
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 02, 2006 23:52
Yes i did.

Its working :)
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 02, 2006 23:55
No the stream doesnt work! not on any of the 4 pc' s iv tried! Here you can download it to your PC, which is much better, there for i rock!
QuezcatoL

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 02, 2006 23:56
Well,i think you refer to the IGN link,it wasnt that majik talked about.

Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 02, 2006 23:58
Then what link are you guys talking about?
QuezcatoL

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 00:00
https://forum.kikizo.com/tm.asp?m=74008&p=1&tmode=1&smode=1

I edited my direct link yesterday,but as you can see,its still shows in majiks post.
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 00:07
Well the links you made doesnt work! it goes to a page that says " sorry page is tempoarily unavaileble"
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 00:25
They worked yesterday, i have them on my PC, so there!

But seriously, the footage is awesome, especially for a cam. This game is going to rock!
Vx Chemical

Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 03:40
Private Cliffy B showing

Not sure its been posted, but if it has, im gathering up the different videos in the official Gears of War Thread
Nitro

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 04:51
Quez' s thread got locked anyway, probably because he direct linked to the videos which you can' t do here. I did tell him though, one of my threads got locked months ago because i did the exact same thing...

At least we know that somebody is checking up on the boards though!
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 05:02
5 things you didnt know

Roadie run; check. Active reload; check. Curb Stomp; check….So you think you know everything about Gears of War? I bet you that there will be at least one of the following facts that you were unaware of.

While we got our hands on the game and talked to the developers, we got the chance to learn a few things we didn’t know about this holiday’s hottest game.

Don’t lie and say “I already knew all of this” because most of this info was revealed for the first time yesterday in a private session with Cliff Bleszinski at the Hesperia Tower, where the second day of X06 took place.

Now, tell us in the comments section how many of these five facts you knew before:

Becoming Leather Face

Right before X06, Epic Games implemented a new feature that makes you feel like you’re Leather Face chasing some innocent victims. You already knew that with the B button you perform melee attacks, and when your current weapon is the Lancer Rifle, holding the B button will let you use the handy chainsaw attachment. What you didn’t know is that now, if you press the right trigger, you can squeeze the throttle to increase engine RPM.

The chainsaw throttle makes you feel so powerful; this may become the sound every Gears of War player hears before dying.

The kill.switch Connection

Although Resident Evil 4 has been cited as a big influence for the game’s third person view, many of us remembered another game when Gears of War was announced. That game was Namco’s kill.switch, a third person shooter that revolved around cover tactics and blind fire. The only criticism that game received was that it was too short. Ironically, the lead designer of that game, Chris Esaki, is working now at Microsoft acting as a link between the publisher and Epic Games.

Playable Vehicles

There won’t be drivable vehicles in versus multiplayer, but CliffyB confirmed that in the campaign mode there will be at least one sequence where one player drives and the other player operates “a piece of machinery that is not a gun”.

To Kill a Locust Drone With a Head Shot, You Have to Remove His Helmet First

Are you good with a sniper rifle? You’ll have to be really good in Gears of War if you want to kill a Drone with a head shot. Those Drones that are wearing helmets will have to be hit twice in order to be killed with a sniper rifle. First shot will take away the helmet, and then you can finally kill him with a head shot.

36 Hours

The story of Gears of War will span over a period of 36 hours in the life of Marcus Fenix and his pal Dominic Santiago. Does that mean 36 hours of gameplay? Unlikely. Those 36 hours of story will not unfold in real time like FOX’s 24 TV series, but Cliff already confirmed two digit gameplay time-- that is, 10+ hours of campaign action.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 05:39
So it' s a 10 hour game of RPM' s???

Let' s face it, that' s what everyone will be using, because it looks so satisfying..
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 07:10
You mean chainsawing. RPM stands for revolutions per minute which was referring to holding down the right trigger to make the chain spin faster.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 07:15
No, no... I meant RPM' s.. I know it' s the revolutions per minute... I was
just commenting on the stuff the article says we didn' t know about..
locopuyo

• Total Posts : 3138
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 07:16
oh, okay, I got it now.
Nitro

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 03, 2006 08:45

No, no... I meant RPM' s.. I know it' s the revolutions per minute... I was
just commenting on the stuff the article says we didn' t know about..

Like the grenade in the mouth = exploding Locust face move?! Or the co-op Hammer of Dawn combo?! Maybe even the dragon?!

Pah, i' ve posted all of that stuff before. I' m just interested to see the voice command technology in action!
Vx Chemical

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 04, 2006 18:05
Nitro

RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 05, 2006 07:57
X06 Gameplay Montage HD

Scroll down to gameplay and watch the file named above. Direct feed HD solo & multi-player footage, it looks amazing!
Iad umboros

• Total Posts : 750
RE: The Gears of War Thread - Oct 05, 2006 08:47
Excellent Majik, that looks sweet as.

I' m really surprised there is nothing on Marketplace yet i.e. a decent gameplay trailer or demo. the hype on the net is huge, and understanably so. Think I' ll take a couple of days off work when this comes out to get the skills up fast!
Change Page: < 123456789 > | Showing page 3 of 9, messages 41 to 60 of 173

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message