Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 PS3 AND the never ending list of great things………….
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 133
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 21, 2006 22:43
360 will never be popular in Japan. Even in Business it is frowned apon to work with distant forginers, who once, where the enemies to said country an odd 60 years ago.
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 21 Jun 06 14:44:15 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 21, 2006 22:50
It won' t but it will be in the rest of the world and since the japanese aren' t buying as much software as the americans the japanese developers will definitely turn to the 360 if it keeps up the good sales.
The fact that the japanese are looking forward to the Wii more than they are looking forward to the PS3 also says a lot.
With Wii being strong in Japan and stealing most of the software sales the 360 is something the japanese developers will have to support from an economic point of view. If not then the japanese developers will have dug their own graves.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 21 Jun 06 15:00:12 >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 21, 2006 22:58

When did kojima become the guy to listen to when it comes down to speccs and power?

Forget that, when did Kojima become the authority on Steak dinners?
Gaiden BLACK

• Total Posts : 675
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 00:00
Generally the PS3 is better isnt it the xbox may have alot of rpgs on the way but ps3 rep with rpgs is better.

All xbox have going for them is LIVE and FPS nothing else, maybe it would be better to go for a Wii.
ginjirou

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 00:06
The Wii s a good idea. And if you get bored you can buy a PS3 or 360 later on when we know more about those and they have shown what kind of killer titles they have.
Terry Bogard

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 00:14

Generally the PS3 is better isnt it the xbox may have alot of rpgs on the way but ps3 rep with rpgs is better.

All xbox have going for them is LIVE and FPS nothing else, maybe it would be better to go for a Wii.

OK, what on Earth, Venus, and Mars are you talking about lad??? ;)

The PS3 hasn' t even been released yet, and with developers freaking out over the price and development costs on that thing noone is certain that it' ll have better RPGs. Microsoft is actually zeroing in on that genre with the 360 so you can definitely expect a healthy offering of both Japanese and Western RPGs on the 360.

While the PS3 is struggling to find its footing during its freshmen year on the market with first-generation games the 360 will be starting its sophomore year with 2nd generation offerings.
< Message edited by Terry Bogard -- 21 Jun 06 16:14:49 >
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 01:21
But the 360 will never be able to give us a FINAL FANTASY or LEGEND OF ZELDA.

I must admit Jade Empire and KOTOR 1 (NOT 2) were an example of MS trying to break into this genre BUT lets be honest there attention is to shooters.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 01:29
Bioware made those two games you mentioned,also they signed up for 3 games to 360,they gonna do a epic sci-fi trilogy with the first game,mass effect coming this winter.

ABout lack of rpg' s,Oblivion is already here,Fable2 is on its way,blue dragon,lost odyssey,bioshock and tri-ace new rpg is also comin...
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 01:34
Dnt get me started on Obilivion, but the others sound good ill check them out

Thanks...
Terry Bogard

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 01:37

But the 360 will never be able to give us a FINAL FANTASY or LEGEND OF ZELDA.

Final Fantasy XI is currently out on store shelves for the 360. As for future games from the series, we' ll just have to wait and see.. As for Legend of Zelda, the only place you' re getting that at is Nintendo, not even the almighty PS3 will give you Zelda
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 01:39
Don' t get me started on oblivion?

A rpg that sells millions and get some of the highest score ever,why would i not adv that game as a rpg for 360?
Gamers on the PC talk as its the best rpg ever >_<
But if you dont like a RPG that its that opended and medival mixed with fantasy i get that...

But then again look at FF13,doesnt look like Final Fantasy any more
ginjirou

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 01:51
I hate the fact that people buy the Sony' s consoles for Final Fantasy, Nintendo' s consoles for Zelda or Microsoft' s consoles for Halo. How the hell can a single franchise mean that much? I love the games, they' re great but I just can' t buy a console because of a single title.
Shenmue 3 would make me very tempted to buy whichever console it lands on though... but still.
QuezcatoL

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 01:54
funny thing,peter moore told on gamingsteves blog that a guard at a airport said to him,i dont need to check you,i know who you are-you' re the asshole who stopped shenmue.

Peter Moore said it got a lot of hard core fans who bought it, but it never sold to a big audience as they was hoping for.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 02:05
Thats the way it is every console has a game that makes you want to buy it for just that.

But obilivon tried to put too much " free" and not enough story, graphics was nice but the combat dosent even come close to that of Final Fantasy.
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 02:09
True Final Fantasy is looking like something new, that is making me interested in Ps3, BUT then again HALO 3 is looking tasty.
industrocyberbot23

• Total Posts : 108
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 02:22
Hey, I' m hooked on Oblivion at the moment so this may be a " fanboy" post, but the story seems pretty good (I have' t done that much of it, because I' ve just been running round the world leveling up).

Levelling up is awesome! It' s one of the most original systems I' ve seen, it seems so obvious now, although it hasn' t been done before where on anything I' ve played.

Also I' m not sure why you would say KOTOR2 on xbox was not a RPG?

I loved FFX, loved Zelda although usually got bored before the end, but I' ve been playing tabletop RPG' s since I was a kid, habe travelled into uber-geekdom of LARP, and I understand Msoft havn' t been the best at RPG' s but Fable2 should be good an they have announced exclusive rights to a Marvel universe City of Heroes style RPG? You can count me in
Gaiden BLACK

RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 02:33
KOTOR 2 is rpg I WAS jus talking about good ones. But with obilivon it started good but i just wanted to be told sumthing now and again if you know wat i mean.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 02:54

KOTOR 2 is rpg I WAS jus talking about good ones. But with obilivon it started good but i just wanted to be told sumthing now and again if you know wat i mean.

mmmm i dont know what you mean. Final Fantasy combat is dull in comparison! Might not be in the latest as they changed it, but even FF fanboi Quez agrees its boring!
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 02:55

graphics was nice but the combat dosent even come close to that of Final Fantasy.

Now correct me if I' m wrong, because I' ve played little of those series since the ninties. (I stopped at FF7 and Elder Scrolls: Arena) But don' t those have different battle systems?
All the gameplay I' ve seen in Oblivion is dependent on how many times you hit a certain button. And although it' s better than strictly round by round, back & forth action. Final Fantasy XI still has a structured combat system, your character is allowed to attack at certain times (technically real time) that are controlled by their stats.

Is it really that fair to compare something that drastically different?
< Message edited by Eddie_the_Hated -- 21 Jun 06 19:01:59 >
Hidemoto

• Total Posts : 311
RE: PS3 AND the never ending list of great things…………. - Jun 22, 2006 03:11
To be honest i think that right now i would buy either a wii or a 360 if i were you

why? because so far PS3 is the most expensive ( a lot more), harder to program ( which means that developers may not get the best of the hardware), and lives of old sequels.

I love final fantasy 7 and i enjoyed 8... i was rocked by metal gear 1 but metal gear 2 made me vomit...rpgs? yeah sure...ps3 is the japanese rpg machine but 360 is getting good rpgs soon and japanese ones.

Kojima should just wear a SOny employe badge...isn´t obvious that he loves them?

But hey...maybe ps3 will turn out great but so far nothing has taken away the possibility of PS3 sucking big time and 360 has shown great things...not perfect but good.

To be honest i hope to have them all
Change Page: < 1234567 > | Showing page 2 of 7, messages 21 to 40 of 133

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread