Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Continues to dominate US market
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 113
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 01:08
ok ok

open your xbox live book that you got with the console, there is a booklet between page 14 and 15.

you will see STOP , do not plug the thernet cable in your ear ( picture) and in a cow' s ass !!! a cow' s ass seriously , the cow looks confused in the pic... please follow the instruction and don' t plug it in any animal' s ass, IT WILL NOT WORK.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 01:36
" Dominate" is a funny word isn' t it? It' s interesting how people can have totally different ideas of the meanings of words.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 03:02
Whhhptsh!!!

gears of war,was the best looking game by far Eddie,it was much more hyped then CoD2 for many reasons.

Most people had already seen CoD2 on the pc,they already seen that kind of game before,mainly CoD1 with m,uch better graphic.

And lets face it,who the *** here thinks CoD2 was better then GoW?

Of course Gears looks better than CoD2. Gears had a year plus of bake time, and wasn' t a launch title. Naturally it' s going to look better. Most people hadn' t seen Call of Duty 2 back when the 360 launched. If you remember correctly, the game had been out for less than a month before launch, and the only way you got to play it then is if you had a relatively high-end PC.

I' d still take Call of Duty over Gears of War. The campaign is longer, the choice of weapons is far greater, the maps are more open-ended, (unless I' m mistaken) the multiplayer has more maps the battles are more epic and it is just as difficult, if not more so than Gears of War on its hardest setting. I' m not saying Gears isn' t an awesome game here. I' m just trying to prove the point that it' s not the first AAA game to grace the 360.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 03:11
Well duh,OB was even out before GoW and so was Graw.
So plenty of AAA titles out before that,but GoW was the first truly AAA title.

That people still speak about today.
You dont hear people saying Cod2 first or GRAW when recommending 360-
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 03:49
quez got my point, of course there are many AAA titles but gears of wars is exclusive to 360 and the first one to show what' s next gen graphics are all about. so that' s what i meant and i thought i didn' t have to clear my point.
Terrak

• Total Posts : 783
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 08:04
Look there is only one reason that people think that the Wii doesn' t have ' legs' - Graphics. I would have never argued against the general consensus had the popularity of the ps2 disappeared once the 360 had been introduced. But over 7 years on the ps2 continues to outsell all HD consoles. Even these current sales figures show the ps2 outselling the 360 & ps3 combined. Sure people can point to the large library of games, but its been around for over 7 YEARS, why are people still BUYING THEM TODAY, its because as i have said, and Nintendo may have realised that currently HD graphics still don' t matter to the average consumer as much as the hardcore crowd believe it does.

As for Million selling games, as i have mentioned before Wii games cost almost 1 tenth of the price of one made for the 360 & ps3, so they don' t have to sell as much games to profit of Wii games. I think you ignore this point. Anyway i think the two Ubisoft games Rayman and Redsteel sold 1 million or close to a million copies, so considering the lower cost of development they made a killing, compared if they made the same game for the 360/ps3. If my memory serves me they said the next Rayman game would be Wii exclusive, not something they would do if they weren' t making a profit. Besides everyone here knows that most of the games being shoveled on the Wii are still ps2 ports for quick cash in on Wii success, as Ubisoft has admitted.

Well i guess if the main topic of discussion here is primarily games, and not the state of the console market i will stop posting NPD numbers. But lets not see numbers posted should the Wii sales plummet eh?!

As i said not much to talk about games wise on the Wii. I' m not very happy with the state of the Wii at the moment, but that should change in a few months time. Good i am a patient man (you have to be if you' ve owned a GC).

Dagashi i only got into console gaming with the N64 (but my first console was the C64). COnsidering how many gamers still talk about NES/SNES games it does make me a little disappointed that i missed out. Oh well there is always the VC.
Agent Ghost

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 08:21
The ONLY reason the PS2 and Wii are currently selling as well as they are is due to their price advantage. Pure and simple, price sells. Thinking otherwise is asinine. I' m not sure what' s going to happen with the PS3 but the 360 sales are going to skyrocket with a price drop, especially with Halo 3 looming.

But please don' t make me go into why the 360/PS3 are on a whole different plateau from Wii in terms of capabilities. Don' t say it' s only graphics, that' s just showing your ignorance for the technology.

How many more Wii' s do you think Nintendo will be able to sell once the 360 drops to $199? Even if Nintendo sells the Wiis for less, it won' t change anything. The Wii would still suck. I don' t care how many Wii' s Nintendo sells, it' s still just a glorified GameCube.
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 09:17

How many more Wii' s do you think Nintendo will be able to sell once the 360 drops to $199?

Which 360 is supposed to be dropping? Core or Premium?
Agent Ghost

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 09:40
" Which 360 is supposed to be dropping? Core or Premium?"

Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea, but it' s inevitable that we' ll see a price drop eventually. I wouldn' t be surprised if we see the price drop shortly after the 360 goes 65nm. In all likelihood both will drop in price or one of them will be erased and the other will drop.
mastachefbkw

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 10:30

Your guess is as good as mine. I have no idea, but it' s inevitable that we' ll see a price drop eventually. I wouldn' t be surprised if we see the price drop shortly after the 360 goes 65nm. In all likelihood both will drop in price or one of them will be erased and the other will drop.

I really doubt they would drop the premium to $200, $200 is too much of a drop all at once, so i' d say they' ll probably drop core to $200, premium to $300, and Elite $380
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 10:57
And once you drop you cannot go back.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 13:20

I really doubt they would drop the premium to $200, $200 is too much of a drop all at once, so i' d say they' ll probably drop core to $200, premium to $300, and Elite $380

I don' t think they are going to do such a drastic price drop at first. They' re going to lower the price by $30-50 when they do.
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 18:36
I think the price difference between the Wii and 360 is too small to motivate Wii' s success.
I can' t speak for everyone but most people I know, who like videogames but aren' t ultra hardcore, are actually praising the Wii as the best console. And it' s mostly because of the party games. If you' re 20 or older you don' t play games that require lots of time, alone in a room 10 hours straight. You play quick sessoins of party games with friends while you' re getting drunk. I think that' s where the Wii is getting lots of success, as well as among the regular children and Nintendo fanboys.
I think the price difference is laughable, only a complete fool would let it determine the choice of console.
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 21:48
I doubt very much that all the violent war games doesnt sell to people above 20+

Wii sux,just compare its game list now and upcoming.

Ps2 didn' t have lots of party games,nor did it sell lots until the price was cheaper.

You pu tthe same price tag as wii and wii wouldn' t sell a shit.

I can also add that I have around 10+20' s friends who all plays,they play on the 360 and my cousin who is 20 plays on the ps3,in fact I don' t know anyone who is above 20 here who has a wii.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 16 Jun 07 14:01:50 >
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 17, 2007 00:10
Now that I' ve been thinking about it, a temporary holiday price drop would make tons of sense for Microsoft. 50-60$ off of the 360 from november somethingwhatty to the week after New Years. Their sales would spike (look at the numbers the week after the psp got that lame (30-40$?) price drop. Imagine that on the 360' s scale.

As for Million selling games, as i have mentioned before Wii games cost almost 1 tenth of the price of one made for the 360 & ps3

Do you mind citing that number?

Look there is only one reason that people think that the Wii doesn' t have ' legs' - Graphics. I would have never argued against the general consensus had the popularity of the ps2 disappeared once the 360 had been introduced.

You know what the difference between the PS2' s graphical capabilities and the Wii' s graphical capabilities are? 8 years ago, Sony employees actually tried to make something that didn' t look like crap. Nintendo copped out for the cheapest stuff they could find, because they think that taking a step backwards in graphics is going to make people think that the gameplay is something special, which as of right now, it' s not. A console running on 8 year old technology is kicking the Wii' s ass.

8 YEARS!!! That' s almost a decade!!!

Excluding the fact that it' s been out for ages, and the developers have invaded every last nook & cranny of it' s inner workings, that' s still about 6 years of development that Nintendo' s graphic engineering dept. spent sitting on their hands. A last gen box looks better than the Wii. That' s just downright shameful.

The least Nintendo could have done was tried a little bit. I could understand that graphical poer wasn' t their focus, but they threw out tons of possible gameplay options by limiting RAM/Processing power. Graphics aren' t the only thing you sacrifice with a weak console after all.

And as for the PS2' s sales? That doesn' t correlate to it' s " weak" graphics. The PS2 was amazing for it' s time, & people still buy it because it has an enormous amount of amazing games, most of which weren' t first-party by the way. That' s why you can' t compare it to the Wii. " HD" consoles have only been out for a little over 1 year, and Sony had a 6 year install time & you' re telling me it' s selling better? Well slap my arse & call me Sally.

I can understand you' re trying to support a company you like, who makes games you like, but you can' t say they put more than a fleeting effort into what' s actually inside the Wii.

< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 17 Jun 07 14:53:16 >
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 17, 2007 02:12
Since the best 360 game is Geometry Wars I doubt the importance of powerful hardware
Virtua fighter 5

• Total Posts : 1327
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 17, 2007 04:25

Now that I' ve been thinking about it, a temporary holiday price drop would make tons of sense for Microsoft. 50-60$ off of the 360 from november somethingwhatty to the week after New Years. Their sales would spike (look at the numbers the week after the psp got that lame (30-40$?) price drop. Imagine that on the 360' s scale.

quote:

Look there is only one reason that people think that the Wii doesn' t have ' legs' - Graphics. I would have never argued against the general consensus had the popularity of the ps2 disappeared once the 360 had been introduced.
You know what the difference between the PS2' s graphical capabilities and the Wii' s graphical capabilities are? 8 years ago, Sony employees actually tried to make something that didn' t look like crap. Nintendo copped out for the cheapest stuff they could find, because they think that taking a step backwards in graphics is going to make people think that the gameplay is something special, which as of right now, it' s not. A console running on 8 year old technology is kicking the Wii' s ass.

8 YEARS!!! That' s almost a decade!!!

Excluding the fact that it' s been out for ages, and the developers have invaded every last nook & cranny of it' s inner workings, that' s still about 6 years of development that Nintendo' s graphic engineering dept. spent sitting on their hands. A last gen box looks better than the Wii. That' s just downright shameful.

The least Nintendo could have done was tried a little bit. I could understand that graphical poer wasn' t their focus, but they threw out tons of possible gameplay options by limiting RAM/Processing power. Graphics aren' t the only thing you sacrifice with a weak console after all.

And as for the PS2' s sales? That doesn' t correlate to it' s " weak" graphics. The PS2 was amazing for it' s time, & people still buy it because it has an enormous amount of amazing games, most of which weren' t first-party by the way. That' s why you can' t compare it to the Wii. " HD" consoles have only been out for a little over 1 year, and Sony had a 6 year install time & you' re telling me it' s selling better? Well slap my arse & call me Sally.

I can understand you' re trying to support a company you like, who makes games you like, but you can' t say they put more than a fleeting effort into what' s actually inside the Wii.

Heh, How random and ' pick and choose' was that?

Wii is a success, live with it. Nintendo have tapped and captured a new gaming audience who look past the superior horse power both Sony' s and MS machines offer.

Wii sales have only just began, this is nothing.

mastachefbkw

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 17, 2007 10:41

And once you drop you cannot go back.

MS will invent a time machine

Wii is a success, live with it. Nintendo have tapped and captured a new gaming audience who look past the superior horse power both Sony' s and MS machines offer.

Wii has been out 6 months, you cant call it a success yet. Its selling well, but as everyone have already said, its been $250, as soon as the ps3 drops it will get out of its slump, and as soon as the 360 drops they will skyrocket in sales. As for the " new gaming audience" , i really think they could care less since the majority of the people owning a wii are either really old or really young.
Zoy

• Total Posts : 1703
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 17, 2007 12:18

As for the " new gaming audience" , i really think they could care less since the majority of the people owning a wii are either really old or really young.

I' m not sure what you mean by really old, but I know some parents in their late 20s and early 30s who like being able to play games with their kids. Not that they don' t want the higher-powered systems as well, but the simple fact of the matter is that the Wii has in abundance a certain type of games -- party games -- that the more powerful consoles barely have. Those games are incredibly fun to play even for people in their late teens and early 20s having a few drinks. The Wii is for real and will probably have sold the most consoles by this time next year. A year or two after that... who knows?
mastachefbkw

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 17, 2007 12:51

I' m not sure what you mean by really old, but I know some parents in their late 20s and early 30s who like being able to play games with their kids

By really old I mean old ladies in their mid 50' s to late 70' s. I was at walmart and this old lady around 55 to 60 was checking out with a Wii, and the cashier said something like, " I guess your grandson is getting a nice surprise" And she told him she was getting it for herself because it looked so " cute" and she didnt think it was too much money. I dont know about other areas, but everytime i see someone purchase a wii, its usually an older person over the age of 30 or a young person under the age of 10.

I almost broke down and bought one the other day, there was one that actually made it to the shelves(keep in mind that right now the newest console i have is the 64 because my 360 is being repaired, and my little cousins are borrowing my gamecube) So i was going to get it so i would have something to do for the next 2-3 weeks. But while i was thinking about it a little kid began to scream begging her parents to buy it for her, and at the same time they were having one of the employees get them a DS game, so i couldnt ask him to get the wii for me, and of course with my luck, the girl talked her parents into getting it for her
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 3 of 6, messages 41 to 60 of 113

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message