Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Nintendo Continues to dominate US market
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 113
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 19:16

Dragon Quest and Ninja Gaiden on the DS, who the f*** saw that coming?

yes that' s what worries me, i seriously don' t think all developers think like Nitro, they just see sales and they will base their futur projects on those numbers, unless if there is a market research that SHOWS that most of wii owners don' t give a damn about games and they have no intention to buy futur games except for the party games and the likes, and that won' t happen.

if the DS wasn' t selling better than the PSP by a large margin you wouldn' t see games like dragon quest and ninja gaiden and castlevania on DS.
Abasoufiane

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 19:21

Wait!!!

You dont meant that Pokémon with its 140 million sales isn' t worlds best rpg serie ever? Wtf?!

how many times a crap game sold well , moore than it deserved specialy those based on popular licenses... and how many excellent games didn' t do so well ?

i said there is no relationship between sales and quality, Pokemon is a good game and it sold well but does not contradict what i said, anyway you can' t base futur sales on the quality of the game only.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 19:26
Pokémon FOR THE FUCKING WIN!!!

Not but seriously pokémon sux,well it was fun to play when i was like... ahum 12?

But obviously FF is ten times better.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 19:29
Gamecube sold nearly 6 million in it' s first 6 months on shelves. Difference being that it was a staggered launch.

Wii' s sales are great, but Nintendo' s FY07 report (year ending April07) shows them having sold 5.84 million in just under 5 months.

Again, great sales compared to the PS2, 360 and PS3 launches, but not exactly mindblowing in the grand scheme of things, especially given many are supposed to be a new " non-gamer" audience.

Also... ...SEGA doubt Wii has legs... ...
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 19:32
Fuck the wii.

http://screenshots.teamxbox.com/gallery/1325/Mass-Effect/p1

new screenshots of ME thats whats intresting,k?
ginjirou

• Total Posts : 4836
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 19:32
I doubt many of the Wii-buyers are non-gamers. That' s just something Nintendo wants to make us believe. And non-gamers or not, they' ll buy games and that means profit can be made.

Who cares about what Sega says? Like they knew how to run a company, they failed with the Saturn, they failed with the Dreamcast and they can barely make any good games anymore. What do they know about videogames?
They' re probably jealeous.
< Message edited by ginjirou -- 15 Jun 07 11:34:21 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 19:38
Nintendo has a huge fanboy audience who always vote for them etc,they are a big group who always buy nintendo products at launch ,so if them+the no guys got the wii and then realise there is no games out the word will start to spread wii probably wont sell much after ca 10.-15 million units sold.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 20:00

ORIGINAL: Abasoufiane

i seriously don' t think all developers think like Nitro, they just see sales and they will base their futur projects on those numbers, unless if there is a market research that SHOWS that most of wii owners don' t give a damn about games and they have no intention to buy futur games except for the party games and the likes, and that won' t happen.

Ok, so why when PS2 has an install base of over 100 million has God of War II not outsold Gears of War when Xbox 360 only has an install base of around 13-14 million???

It' s called probable percentage.

Publishers and developers will look at 3rd party Wii games selling like shit and work out the probable percentage of the install base (projected) that will buy their game. Capcom for example will have worked out that 20-or-so percent of Xbox 360 owners would buy their product and in a 12 week period manged to sell 2 million copies.

Gears of War sold 2 million in 6 weeks and 4 million by March. Insane for a new IP, ...but Epic will have worked out that the probable percentage of sales was 40-50% of the install base.

That' s why Wii is getting a Soul Calibur offshoot and having a 2nd tier team work on it rather than a version of the proper next installment, ...which is going to 360/PS3. That' s why Wii has been receiving PS2 and PSP ports. They' re cheaper and lower risk.

If developer were just looking at hardware numbers sold then they' d never develop a game for anything but PS2.
< Message edited by NITRO -- 15 Jun 07 12:03:12 >
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 20:07

heck even GoW has sold what FF12 has atm.

And Ps2 had a installbase at 115 millions atm.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 15 Jun 07 12:08:13 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 20:25
i agree with you still the exemple of Gears of war vs god of war 2 is not really a good exemple why? Gears of war was the first TRUE AAA title for the 360, those who bought 360 were waiting for a game like that to show up, this was also a game to show off the 360.

in ps2 however there are so many great games to choose from, so many competition for developers which explain " partially" Why god of war 2 didn' t sell as much as gears of war, the other part of the explanation is what you said above.

on another note but a bit irrelevent, you can also add that a huuuuge number of this ps2 instaled game has played god of war 2 ilegaly. same would be said about gears of wars but definitly not as much.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 22:52

Gears of war was the first TRUE AAA title for the 360,

You mean the first AAA title that got a free-ride on Microsoft' s hype train?

you can also add that a huuuuge number of this ps2 instaled game has played god of war 2 ilegaly.
Yes, some people do chip their PS2s, but it' s a stretch to say that the number is " huuuuge" . I follow this stuff for a hobby don' tcha know.
Abasoufiane

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 23:05
if millions illegal copies aren' t huge , then what is it ?

and gears of war deserves all the hype, i played it i beat it , i didn' t even touch the multiplayer game but i can say that this game is fantastic with an awesome production value. my score for the single player 96% , you add the idea of playing co op + death matches and i' ll make it 98% too bad still no chance to try it.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 23:15

if millions illegal copies aren' t huge , then what is it ?

An unsourced number.

and gears of war deserves all the hype,

So did Call of Duty 2.

According to IGN, Gears of War was only a better game by four percent. So apparently, 4% makes or breaks AAA status. The only real difference between the two is the hype. Call of Duty 2 is still the most played 360 game on Xbox Live, (Edit: I got outdated numbers, my bad, Gears is in the lead) but when people talk about live what do they say? Gears & Halo 2. Both were riding on incredibly heavy indorsement from Microsoft, and it shows.
< Message edited by eddie_the_hated -- 15 Jun 07 18:40:12 >
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 15, 2007 23:40
CoD2
GRAW
Dead Rising
Dead or Alive 4
Oblivion
Madden NFL
Fight Night Round 3
Need For Speed: Most Wanted
Perfect Dark Zero
Saints Row

...all million sellers before Gears was released.
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 00:20
Listen...

gears of war,was the best looking game by far Eddie,it was much more hyped then CoD2 for many reasons.

Most people had already seen CoD2 on the pc,they already seen that kind of game before,mainly CoD1 with m,uch better graphic.

And lets face it,who the *** here thinks CoD2 was better then GoW?

and ps! goW is more played then CoD2 on XBL eddie you know that.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 15 Jun 07 16:21:13 >
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 00:29
CoD2 > Gears of War
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 00:41

CoD2 > Gears of War

And still you never played CoD2.
Nitro

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 00:55

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

CoD2 > Gears of War

And still you never played CoD2.

According to Xbox.com i last played CoD2 online on March 9th.

According to Xbox.com you never played it.

Did you play the PC version?
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 01:02

Did you play the PC version?

You know I did,I even posted some pictures of it.

Comparing the graphic to oblivion.
QuezcatoL

RE: Nintendo Continues to dominate US market - Jun 16, 2007 01:07

Remember now?

ps!

All hail quez and his awesome OB character.
Change Page: < 123456 > | Showing page 2 of 6, messages 21 to 40 of 113

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message