Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!!
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 9 of 10, messages 161 to 180 of 185
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 01:40

Anyway, what i wanted to ask you Bishonen is how you think Lost odyssey compares visually and stylistically for Final fantsay 13...

Well i' d like to see more concept art from both games, but LO has a very medieval, dark fantasy vibe... ...kinda like a Japanese version of Oblivion or Peter Jackson' s Lord of the Rings... ...It seems very gritty and adult oriented.. ...far more than any Final Fantasy would or could be... ...i imagine Sakaguchi is taking this route because of 360' s popularity in the west, although at it' s heart it' ll likely have the usual Japanese aesthetics and sensibilities...

FFXIII is completely different... ..it' s bright and sci-fi Anime looking... ...glowing neon light' s, cyborgs, lasers and futuristic locations... ...from what i have seen, this is the most Sci-fi FF has been since FFVIII...

...the funny thing is, despite Lost Odyssey' s dark visual style, it looks like it' s going to play like any classic Final Fantasy... ...even the music during that extra bit at the end on the world map is pure old school FF...

...Whilst FFXIII looks like the newer IP because of the way the in which the gameplay is (likely) being totally reworked... ...active battle system, gambits, avoidable on screen enemies etc... ...and that was only FFXII! ...i' m pretty sure that FFXIII will continue in this " re-write the rule book" fashion when more details are revealed...

Where did you guys find that video?
Where he plays 20 sec more?

^^
^^
^^

...finally!!! a decent quality video!!!

downloads at a decent speed too......

...i downloaded the .mov file ....it may be slightly longer than the .wmv file

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 21 Sep 06 17:42:58 >
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 01:48
I think FF13 look kind of similar the Gambit system is basically just a system where you choose certain skills/bonuses,its in every western rpg already.

About the battlesystem,nothing looks new about it,the whole screen is full with tex commands,but in the pic she runs,so even if she runs it doesn' t make a diffrent if i use the same system.

Also,we don' t know if FF13 or LO will have random battles,Blue dragon didn' t have any as seen in the gameplay footag,nor did LO in what we seen so far.

Im getting tired of this sci-fi japanese rpg with a lot of bvright lights,and girls looking like guys and vice versa.

Gonna be nice with a change.
Im much more intrested in FF12 then FF13 tbh.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 02:04

I think FF13 look kind of similar the Gambit system is basically just a system where you choose certain skills/bonuses,its in every western rpg already.

Gambit system is not about skills - it' s about setting behavioral patterns for your party members (for instance health <50% use Potion) and that' s so cool , caue you can build a pretty strong team ready for everything if you develop your characters enough.And it' s in FF12 - noone knows what will be in FF13.Western or Japanese RPGs (like Dragon Quest) use this to some degree but don' t allow that much and don' t depend on this feature as much.And in FF12 it really means a lot to have a well behaving company.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Sep 06 18:06:20 >
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:09
I get the feeling that I' m the only one impressed with lost odyssey battle system. I' ve said before that I' m a fan of the turn base style, only this time you are surrounded and are able to attack from all around. Sakaguchi has promised some innovative stuff (though we won' t see it until the finished game) since the demo is the basic system. A lot of game journalists seem to like it. I bet theres gonna be lots more suprises later on.

By the way I' m still creaming myself from that transition part where the camera pans around him to him being surrounded....yeah, still creaming. Just checked.

QuezcatoL

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:12
I always liked the " traditonal system" and if they take away random battle im gonna be even more happy.

Also,he said they used the basic system in the e3,and they have some " control-able" form to show later.

But nvm,i been playing this text/menu system for years,i like it,its familiar and friendly to me.

I love it.

I never played FF8 for the battles,i played for the character/story,however these battles in the demo looked " cool" ,they fitted in so much into the story, that the battles was cool.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:13
I prefer realtime simulated turnbased combat as in Kotor and Baldur' s Gate (not the crappy console versions which is a disgrace to the name of BG and where to developers out to be thoroughly excecuted for blasphemy and treason.
QuezcatoL

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:15
But,in KOTOR it' s something similar tbh.

You still choose " commands" ,heck yo ucan even paus the fighting,making it more tactial then LO...

But i know what you mean.

Mass effect seems to have the best rpg system.
Vx Chemical

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:17
Yeah but the combat is fluent and not super slow like the menu system in LO. In Kotor you can even plan multiple rounds ahead!
Gaius IV

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:20
kotor' s battle system was cool. But would the japs like it? this game remember is made for the japs to help the 360.
Vx Chemical

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:21
I dont care about the japs, im more important than them!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:22

ORIGINAL: Vx Chemical

I dont care about the japs, im more important than them!

Yeah but they' re the main focus. Which by the way if they only sold like 8 copies of L.O there i' d be disappointed.
< Message edited by dasher232 -- 21 Sep 06 21:23:19 >
Vx Chemical

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:24
Dont worry! they will sell one for every 360 sold in the country!
QuezcatoL

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:25
So what did you guys think about BD system?

Seems much more simple.

Now i saw 5 squares for each character in the basic command,which make it more then the usuall 4 in FF games at start,but who knows,might have been some extra command like," steal" or somehting.

But did you guys see the skill system?

When Sakaguchi said you could combine over 200 skills he wasnt lying,i saw like 30 skills to choose form in the demo.
Gaius IV

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:34
If lost odyssey fails in japan, then you can imagine how pissed off M$ will be. I think this game will do very well and it will sell 360 consoles. Things will pick up once blue dragon is released but for a game to be successful it has to pass that 1 million sales mark. It' ll definatley pass beyond that in the west, question is can it pass that in japan?
< Message edited by Gaius IV -- 21 Sep 06 21:35:58 >
QuezcatoL

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:40
If it fails in Japan,Japanese gamers shouldn' t dare to call themself " gamers" its obviously then why they skip 360.
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:43

ORIGINAL: Gaius IV

If lost odyssey fails in japan, then you can imagine how pissed off M$ will be. I think this game will do very well and it will sell 360 consoles. Things will pick up once blue dragon is released but for a game to be successful it has to pass that 1 million sales mark. It' ll definatley pass beyond that in the west, question is can it pass that in japan?

I' m sorry gaius but I can' t share your optimism when it comes to the japanese market I wouldn' t be so sure in all honesty i' m expecting it to not do well over there that way anything else is a bonus.

If it fails in Japan,Japanese gamers shouldn' t dare to call themself " gamers" its obviously then why they skip 360.

I wonder about that sometimes seriously.
QuezcatoL

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:45
Sakaguchi said one -way to sell Xbox360' s is to deliver games from me.

We will see about that,i can this though,if i had been unsure about a 360,and today seen BD/LO i would have run down to the store and get a 360 immidiatley.
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:51

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Sakaguchi said one -way to sell Xbox360' s is to deliver games from me.

We will see about that,i can this though,if i had been unsure about a 360,and today seen BD/LO i would have run down to the store and get a 360 immidiatley.

my 360 was given as a present, but I was planning on getting one anyway for kameo (which I stil haven' t played),n3, doa4 and need for speed so I was laready gonna get one. However this generation has taught me a lot about consumers I mean on things iv' e heard with my own ears from people i' m familiar with that makes me wonder what the industry is really about.
QuezcatoL

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 05:56
Dasher you have a XBL gamertag?

And what 360 games do you have,mayby you can recommend me a new 360 title,im gonna buy a new game next month,my GT is QUEZCATOL
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 22, 2006 06:07

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Dasher you have a XBL gamertag?

And what 360 games do you have,mayby you can recommend me a new 360 title,im gonna buy a new game next month,my GT is QUEZCATOL

Quez you must have amnesia, next month i' m not sure whats coming this or next month but i' m all pre-ordered for the holiday and waiting for tommorow and x06 to clear up some other games. By the way is it just me who' s xbl gold account is still on gold after subscription has ended, i' m beggining to think it' s free now...thought I don' t use it.
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 9 of 10, messages 161 to 180 of 185

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message