Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!!
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 4 of 10, messages 61 to 80 of 185
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 00:07

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

A tip Gangsta,don' t compare every game to Gears of war...

Actually he has every right to. That game is setting the bar for next gen graphics and should be the title people are aiming to beat.
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 00:43
I am more than impressed. I am so happy right now that I' m crying. The in-game part is fantastic graphically it' s the best I' ve ever seen (personally). The transition part where he slowly takes his leg off the fallen enemy made me wet myself! This game is better than I dreamed of. I hate when people complain about the turn based style. If this game used a more western rpg system then u can forget about it doing well in japan.

Can' t wait to see more of Kain' s skills!!! Also can' t wait to see this game at 100% when we get to see the more complete battle system!!!
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 00:48

ORIGINAL: Gaius IV

I am more than impressed. I am so happy right now that I' m crying. The in-game part is fantastic graphically it' s the best I' ve ever seen (personally). The transition part where he slowly takes his leg off the fallen enemy made me wet myself! This game is better than I dreamed of. I hate when people complain about the turn based style. If this game used a more western rpg system then u can forget about it doing well in japan.

Can' t wait to see more of Kain' s skills!!! Also can' t wait to see this game at 100% when we get to see the more complete battle system!!!

It' s kaim by the way and yea I agree with you mostly...apart from the wetting myself bit. I think it' s really depressing to think that the japanese would turn away from a game based on it' s western rpg elements because to be honest I much prefer western rpg' s than jrpg however I would still play a jrpg if it had a good enough blend.
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:00
Next gen is great (when does it become this gen?), we' re not even arguing about the graphics anymore, the arguments are of the visual style of the games. It really doesn' t matter how many polygons the games have. Comparing LO with GOW or with any other 360 game for graphic style is much more subjective then it used to be with the ps2 generation. Doesn' t LO use Unreal Engine as well, if so this gives even less reason to debate graphics, both games seem to be in the same league graphically.

Artistically the games are a matter of taste, pure and simple. Personally I prefer the style of LO to GOW. But it doesn' t matter because I don' t buy games based on style, I' m not nearly shallow enough to be swept off my feet by asthetics. The fact is I' m really getting into this whole online gaming thing, infact I won' t buy a games unless it focuses heavily on online play (except for the next TES: game).
Neither game has anything that would make me want to lose hours with games like COD3.
< Message edited by Agent Ghost -- 20 Sep 06 17:38:14 >
Gaius IV

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:09

It' s kaim by the way

Yeah I always knew that, it' s just in the latest ign article they called him kain, so I guessed they changed his name to Kain not Kaim. Could be ign' s mistake.
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:23

ORIGINAL: Gaius IV

It' s kaim by the way

Yeah I always knew that, it' s just in the latest ign article they called him kain, so I guessed they changed his name to Kain not Kaim. Could be ign' s mistake.

Ign also had cry on as a ds game...those crazy guys I think kaim sounds better. By the way iv' e watched the trailer again and the second time I was even more excited and giggly. The beggining to me felt like a paramount movie or something the mud splashes as they ran through, the kunai/knives falling down kinda looks like its coming straight at you if that is how the game begins then they have a lot of quality to maintain throughout. Blue dragon is better than I thought since all we had before were trailers and uncertain gameplay this seals what the experience will be like I always get stuff like pokemon coloseum when they come out for new nintendo platforms and it reminded me (the video I posted) of a training session/getting to know the controls.
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:27
*cries*

Note: tears of joy
Byakko

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:32
Sorry about that first post, but after like MONTHS of total utter SILENCE on the Lost Odyssey front, with all the hype on Blue Dragon, I thought Lost Odyssey was on the backburner, perhaps even *gasp* DELAYED.

Btw, Quez, on the frontpage it looked liked ' LOST ODYSSEL DE-' got cut-off there and I thought *SHIT* it was delayed?!

Anyway, that aside, THIS IS PHREAKING GREAT!

I just hoping that the Japanese would take to it. Microsoft better not skimp on the ads! Advertising and marketing is EVERYTHING!

Better yet, show the trailer and stuff, but leave the fact that it' s on Xbox at the VERY end of the trailer. That way noone would dismiss it from the get-go (hates to think of Japanese kids tuning off when they see the X logo on TV)
Gaius IV

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:33
I' ve watched this trailer about 20 times now lol
Byakko

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:33
Sorry, TRIPLE-POSTING. Ugh, like a NOOB.

But little comment (still only about 3 minutes into the trailer). Portable ' Phoenix Down' towers = brilliant. If FF-stores could churn out little feathers of immortality for a mere 5K gil, I' d think the military would' ve better use for it a LONG time ago =/
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:34

ORIGINAL: Agent Ghost
Doesn' t LO use Unreal Engine as well, if so this gives even less reason to debate graphics, both games seem to be in the same league graphically.

Actually it doesn' t matter if they are using the same Engine. When a team gets the Unreal Engine the mod the thing to hell and back (at least that' s what good companies do). Take Splinter Cell and Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory. those were both running in the Unreal engine but the difference is insanely huge! You can still compare graphics. Artistic styles are definately playing a big role this generation but gaphics comparisons are completely warranted.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:36

A tip Gangsta,don' t compare every game to Gears of war..

Why? should I compare it to Godfather on PS2? ok I guess it is amazing if you look at it this way.

I wonder how long will it take to top Gears of War visuals :)

Shit I can' t wait for a nice walkthrough-720p-LO video.
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 20 Sep 06 17:38:02 >
Byakko

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:44
Soo...

In very general terms, do you guys think that while FF goes for the animated look (basically the FFVII Advent Children style all the way it seems), LO goes for the slightly more realistic look (actually, it' s the Chinese comic style of artwork, just less beefy - and I KNOW it' s character designs by the guy who did Slam Dunk, just that it' s overall more realistic).

Do you think Sakaguchi would continue with this style, or just see what projects his doing? If LO is beyond FF, a series would be nice, just not like a regular churn-out of endless train bearing a franchise name, that' s all.
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 01:57

ORIGINAL: Byakko

Soo...

In very general terms, do you guys think that while FF goes for the animated look (basically the FFVII Advent Children style all the way it seems), LO goes for the slightly more realistic look (actually, it' s the Chinese comic style of artwork, just less beefy - and I KNOW it' s character designs by the guy who did Slam Dunk, just that it' s overall more realistic).

Do you think Sakaguchi would continue with this style, or just see what projects his doing? If LO is beyond FF, a series would be nice, just not like a regular churn-out of endless train bearing a franchise name, that' s all.

You know I think final fantasy is still an ok game however since sakaguchi left square I think a lot of his work or just ideas have taken different slants and I think lost odyssey may be final fantasy' s grown up brother (imo). By the way did I see a volcano fall from the sky?.
Byakko

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 02:10
I was thinking it looked more like a huge doomsday weapon, that pours lava on the battlefield, regardless of their own people apparently.

Heck, they have ' Phoenix Down' towers! Death is NOTHING! Plus, you can' t beat the simplicity of dropping a volcano on someone' s head.
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 02:47
...does any one have a decent link?... ...that youtube vid s too low quality, and the xboxcyade one is only allowing pathetically slow (8kbs) downloads...

....god i hate it when everything happens at once during conferences... ...it takes me about five hours just to read up on posts.....

...anyway, LO looks good and i really hope it craps on FFXIII, purely because i' m growing to hate Square so much... ...i can' t really comment on that youtube vid ' cause it' s so low quality, but i like what i see...

....i was slightly disappointed to see that it looks turn based though... ...and i would of preferred less CGI and more in-game footage... ...other than that, i await eagerly for some decent quality media...
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 03:11
Gangsta,whenever i hear about a new ps3 title i wanna hear you compare it to Mgs4.

I never seen you write it that it for ex doesnt look as good as in Mgs4.

But nvm.

I don' t wanna argue with Gangsta he won' t get this game anyway.

And yes Bishon xboxyde better quality takes forever i dl it at 14 kbs,i usually dl at 2-3 mbs at their site.

< Message edited by quezcatol -- 20 Sep 06 19:13:06 >
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 03:13

ORIGINAL: QuezcatoL

Gangsta,whenever i hear about a new ps3 title i wanna hear you compare it to Mgs4.

I never seen you write it that it for ex doesnt look as good as in Mgs4.

Do that more often then,or shut up about that.

You guys nibble on his bait too much. Gangsta' s blog is on one of the most credible sites ever in the whole world.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 03:16
Has he a blog?

omg,well im not even gonna bother checking that out.
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 03:18

....i was slightly disappointed to see that it looks turn based though... ...and i would of preferred less CGI and more in-game footage... ...other than that, i await eagerly for some decent quality media...

How is it that when I say things like this, this little scandinavian prick is all over me with his stupid comments?

Majik was sending us links for better quality but not that much better - just wait for 720p versions on commercial sites.I' ll get all the IGN 720p movies and I can make a torrent of them for you guys.But for now they don' t exist...

I bet you' d want to have a real girlfriend too.

For your knowledge (and you can see it in most of my posts) I compare PS3 games to Gears of War (since MGS4 is not quite that good)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 20 Sep 06 19:23:05 >
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 4 of 10, messages 61 to 80 of 185

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread