Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!!
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 7 of 10, messages 121 to 140 of 185
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 07:57
I' ve been argueing with some friends of mine on msn today about lost odyssey. People always wanna complain when it comes to something good on the 360. Is it because they see this game as a final fantasy rival??? I really don' t understand how one can not be impressed by this game even if they show 3 seconds of gameplay I' d still be blown away by what the gameplay itself looked like. It' s just completely killed every jrpg ever made!!!

Sakaguchi doesn' t need to prove anything, he' s gonna set the benchmark AGAIN for turn based rpgs. People can bitch and complain but it' s gonna happen. I don' t need to see a 60 minutes walkthrough to tell if this game is gonna be good. IT' S THE BEST FU*KING THING I' VE EVER SEEN! PERIOD!!!!

QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 08:01
I kind of agree.

Shame that people can' t say that Sakaguchi done magic again,but i guess thats how it is when the largest fanbase is on sony side.
< Message edited by quezcatol -- 21 Sep 06 0:01:20 >
Dyack

• Total Posts : 61
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 08:03
This game has actually been shown a video of ff13 was shown and the game isn' t actually that far along or else they could show it in motion already.

They recently announced after tgs they came out of preproduction. The ff13 video was just that, but I expect it to look good. This game was very impressive throughout for a demo and the combat system is only the most basic aspects of the system sakaguchi is keeping the true battle system close to his chest. I' ve said it before, but I strongly believe lost odyssey looks better than mass effect.

Also the blue dragon gameplay movies looked awesome as well and they' ve still yet to fully reveal blue dragon' s gameplay system, but they will this friday. Square enix has some serious competition its not even funny and japan is actually responding to the Xbox 360. If they play this at TGS they will go nutso over the thing.

Rarely do guys with so much pressure on them manage to deliver... sakaguchi didn' t just deliver he knocked it out of the fucking park everything i' ve seen of blue dragon and lost odyssey goes beyond my expectations and I had what I thought to be unfair expectations. Sakaguchi is a legend and a genius when it comes to crafting a game.
< Message edited by dyack -- 21 Sep 06 0:05:15 >
dasher232

• Total Posts : 1729
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 08:07
The main thing i' m worried about is the response. The whole square joining with enix fiasco was kind of a blow at the time and for some reason a lot of people blame sakaguchi for it so i' m hoping that people just judge the game based on it' s own merits because to me it does look like a game that a team has put a lot of work and effort into and it' s still not even finished.
Gaius IV

• Total Posts : 139
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 08:43
I also agree that lost odyssey is better looking than mass effect. But I' m a big fan of the manga art form. I' m also a big fan of takehiko inoue the character designer. If u haven' t read his manga ' VAGABOND' u gotta check it out!!!
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 08:59
Bishonen

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 09:25
....hey, if you let the vid play to the end, you see new in-game footage after the stage is all covered in lava and stuff... ...it' s really short, but still...

...anyway, i' m really impressed... ...i wanna see more!!!! ....Lost Odyssey looks more like Final Fantasy than either FFXII or FFXIII!!! ...it' s like Final Fantasy has gone to 360, and PS3 is the console with the new franchise......

...weird, but still cool... ...i' m pretty sure that BOTH titles will more than deliver...

....but time will tell!...

< Message edited by Bishonen -- 21 Sep 06 1:26:29 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 09:31
It looked ok.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 11:33
Turns out this demonstration was using the ingame engine more than people are giving it credit for. Actually a lot of it was the ingame engine. " How can you tell?" is what you are probably asking. Surprisingly if you look at the main character' s shoulder pad it differs between CG and gameplay.

CG

Ingame

Now if you look closely at the trailer (you can pick this out much easier using the high quality Xboxyde vids) you will actually see a lot of stuff that was considered CG is actually running in realtime with the ingame engine. Freaking spectacular! So basically of all of those that thought they were only seeing a tiny glimpse of the gameplay engine and a huge chunk of CG you' ll be plesantly surprised to know that actually a decent size chunk of the demonstration was realtime. Just short of 4 minutes (I picked through it) which is nearly half the demonstration! Just goes to show you how stunning the actual ingame assets are. You honestly have a very difficult time telling a difference.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 21 Sep 06 3:38:13 >
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 11:56
It looked too gray and dark for me, blue dragon on the other hands looks amazing in motion even though it looks shitty and simple in pics.
Bishonen

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 16:03
...are we all watching the same footage?:

...there' s loads of in-game footage in the link that i posted... ....it' s obvious that the close-ups are all in game....

....LO looks sweet!...
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 16:37
Combat looks really boring though! ill have to try the demo to decide, or if the story is super great, i might force myself to suffer through it!
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 17:05

^^^ That isn' t gameplay is it?!

The game looks like FFVII had a nightmare. I seriously think that this could be the next big JRPG.

Combat looks really boring though! ill have to try the demo to decide, or if the story is super great, i might force myself to suffer through it!

We' re not sure exactly how it' s going to work yet. They' ve said that the demo' s combat mechanics are really very basic whereas the final game will have a system with far more depth.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 17:11

We' re not sure exactly how it' s going to work yet. They' ve said that the demo' s combat mechanics are really very basic whereas the final game will have a system with far more depth.

yeah im hoping this will be good for me, since id like to expirience some of the stories in JRPG' s, and Lost Odyssey looks nice and gritty

Blue Dragon i like because of the style, it looks so cool, so its almost an must!
Byakko

• Total Posts : 599
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 17:17

Combat looks really boring though! ill have to try the demo to decide, or if the story is super great, i might force myself to suffer through it

Gotta admit, it was DEAD BORING. There was that whole, ' why are the army of bad guys taking bloody turns at the guy who can obviously pummel them in single combat?'

Hopefully, it' s just a small interactive intro portion, or whatever, in the game, and other battles would be more spicier.

They should change it up a bit. You know, give Kaim more than ONE kind of slash, even if it' s only cosmetic. It' ll make the whole battle sequence more realistic anyway.

Btw, if a rain of lava can' t kill Kaim...

Why does he need to heal (I' m assuming that' s what he' s doing when he raises his arm and the energy ripples around him) when he gets torched by the cannon?

There' s that whole, if he immortal (since it' s about him living for a 1000 years) and apparently invulnerable, does he really need to worry about dying, and does he even actually have a health bar?!
]GaNgStA[

• Total Posts : 2949
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 18:54

and then you move into the problems right away to put it down.

There are those good and bad things about 360 - this would suck if I made those problems up.It appears I didn' t (why would I?)

You don' t have problems when we all bash PS2 for terrible hardware, but it' s hard to spot you later when we talk how cool games it has.

Like I said - Wii and PS3 aren' t out yet so the only thing we can say about PS3 for instance is that it' s to expensive.

It' s no secret that 360 has great games , but is pretty problematic.

IGN has some higher quality videos of both Sakaguchi' s games , but I' m waiting for 720p showfloor versions - let me know if you want me to upload them later (after I download them ofc)
< Message edited by ]gangsta[ -- 21 Sep 06 10:56:20 >
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 20:10
A bit off topic but I said before that when I saw the trailer there was no way they would be able to maintain the same or a similar quality but even though iv' e seen the gameplay it' s still got me thinking how the heck did they manage that kind of quality early in the game' s life and compared to existing titles it' s like it' s running on a completely different machine (considering I love doa4' s visual look and is my favourite 360 title to look at so far) either I was wrong to think the 360' s power barrier had already been topped or it might be down to resources.
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 20:19
....or the fact that M$ are syringing themselves dry, in order to provide the
necessary tools for " Sakaguchi' s Revenge" as it were...

To be quite frank (or smith) as luscious as the demo looked, the turn-based
aspect did kinda put me off, but was then immediately saved by the overall
flashiness of the end moves.. Then I remembered Sakaguchi saying that this is
the combat in its most basic form...

Then I wondered how or if it could drastically change from the the very stale
turn-based system it has going on...

I' ll still be buying it because I do like my stories in JRPG' s..

Why does he need to heal (I' m assuming that' s what he' s doing when he raises his arm and the energy ripples around him) when he gets torched by the cannon?

He doesn' t actually heal, as his HP does not increase, but I understand what you
mean..

I really, really, really want to see the other aspect of the battle system.. Do you
think he' s not showing it because he fears Square-Enix taking the idea?

SO S-E will be like " Damn Sakaguch, we need a battle system... pronto, the
series needs to at least hit XX.."

Which is immediately met by a swift Sakaguchi middle finger, and he says..

" Spin on it."
dasher232

RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 20:28
I want to see some saka-venge and I thought aswell that he didn' t show the other system maybe because square weren' t far away and well might use it for ff however for people to start comparing L.O to ff13 already is really interesting. And peope seem to like L.O because of the dark/violent theme however I think it gets a mix doesn' t it because iv' e seen brightly coloured light hearted pictures of other areas so I don' t think it' s all dark. It' s nice to see sakaguchi return with something really worth turning your head for it' ll come down to if people prefer what they' re used to or trying something else.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: LOST ODYSSEY DEMO UPLOADED I GOT THE LINK!!! - Sep 21, 2006 20:31

A bit off topic but I said before that when I saw the trailer there was no way they would be able to maintain the same or a similar quality but even though iv' e seen the gameplay it' s still got me thinking how the heck did they manage that kind of quality early in the game' s life and compared to existing titles it' s like it' s running on a completely different machine (considering I love doa4' s visual look and is my favourite 360 title to look at so far) either I was wrong to think the 360' s power barrier had already been topped or it might be down to resources.

Unreal Engine 3.0.

As for the combat, didn' t he say that they would be implimenting a physics engine?! If that' s the case then what would they need it for if the game is completely turn based?
Change Page: < 12345678910 > | Showing page 7 of 10, messages 121 to 140 of 185

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message