Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Final Fantasy 12 thread
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 95
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 09, 2006 00:51
I thought the same thing about the music, I thought it was odd, when I was on that first mission to kill the evil tomato head thing, the music sounded alot like something you' d hear in a Star Wars game.

The battle system isn' t bad, it' s just really (so far) a copy of KOTOR' s battle system. And that' s not a bad thing I' m just not blown away by it like other people are because I played KOTOR I/II and this is the same shit, maybe later on it gets different but with the star wars music and battle system it' s not hard to tell Square was influenced by KOTOR when they made this.

The graphics are good for a PS2 game, but I don' t think it' s the best looking PS2 game I' ve played. I wish they would' ve waited and released this on PS3, it' s such as waste on PS2. I hope it gets a PC version atleast so I can play this game properly.
< Message edited by Evil Man -- 8 Oct 06 16:53:54 >
Evil Man

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 09, 2006 08:59
About 7-8 hours in now and I can' t put the game down, it' s awesome so far. I' ve been playing it all day
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 09, 2006 09:56
maybye cause you' re a little rpg fag?

Get a life.

Btw i played 8 hours wow today,but thats normal.
Evil Man

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 03:51
Atleast I like good RPGs, unlike Mr. Enchanted Arms up here.

I called in sick today to play FFXII.
Vx Chemical

• Total Posts : 5534
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 03:54
So if i like KOTOR? im bound to like FFXII?
Evil Man

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 04:01
I' d say so.

I like the battle system they use here more than KOTOR' s, things flow more smoothly. The customization is also a bit better. They pretty much took KOTOR' s combat and tweaked it into something better.

The story is pretty good so far, more mature than the typical FF.
Abasoufiane

• Total Posts : 2127
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 04:19
i really start to enjoy the combat system, it' s awesome , sometimes the A.I can be frustrating but generaly it does a good job since you can customize it (Gambits= orders you assign to your allies, for exemple you would assign to an ally a gambit so that if your HP is below 30%, he' ll cast cure (healing), or if a foe element is fire he would cast water and so on.. with the combiniation of many gambits at the same time , you will creat a powerful allies ... basicaly you program them but in a fun way )
Bishonen

• Total Posts : 1718
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 06:25

....my slim PS2 isn' t chipped....
Tiz

• Total Posts : 3158
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 07:06

ORIGINAL: Bishonen

....my slim PS2 isn' t chipped....

Then you know the solution - chip it' s balls to the max!
Dionysius

• Total Posts : 831
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 07:44
... Just wanted to drop a note that I LOVE this game, but also that I HATE the main character. So far I find Penelo and Balt... Balf... The sky pirate dude the most interesting.

Also I noticed you drew resamblences with the battle system, to that of KOTOR (which might be true, I haven' t really played much of it) but I really feel similarities to Vagrant story, which just happens to have the same " Director" as FF12. Oh, and although I didn' t think I would, I love the battle system to.

The story to I find to be very interesting, which releaved me as I had started to loose faith in Square-Enix, with all the less well thought stories all of the " side-games" has had *shrugs at memory of Dirge of Cerberus*

All in all I think this is the BEST game I' ve played, since Ninja Gaiden... Which before you say something, actually wasn' t that long ago, before summer to be precise.
Evil Man

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 07:46
Some of the music and style does remind me of Vagrant Story, but the battle system doesn' t. In vagrant story you attacked things per parts, head, torso, feet, etc. this is nothing like it.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 07:48

ORIGINAL: Evil Man

Some of the music and style does remind me of Vagrant Story, but the battle system doesn' t. In vagrant story you attacked things per parts, head, torso, feet, etc. this is nothing like it.

What are the cutscenes like? I mean, how do they compare to Advent Children?
Evil Man

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 07:52
They look more like Final Fantasy X cutscenes. Deffinetely not on par with Advent Chilren.
Abasoufiane

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 07:56
ONLY the design is similar to vagrant story, the CG quality is really good and they are a lot (compared to other rpg' s) although not on par with advent children quality.
Dionysius

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 09:33
Just remembered the head and torso when you mentioned it, however if my memory serve then it was a similair move around freely and pause while choosing attack, no? It was a long time since I played the game so it is highly possible I remeber incorrectly.

BTW: Although I really, REALLY like this game, I will never understand why it takes so long to level your character. It' s not like it' s hard or a challenge to do it, rather it' s a test of ones patience.

And the cut-scenes look great for being so many... Funny thing, I remember reading somewhere an interview with the director of the (I admit to have forgotten his name) that he wanted to cut down on the cut-scens, yet I believe I have never played a Final Fantasy with so many of ' em... Could be my imagination though.
< Message edited by dionysius -- 10 Oct 06 1:35:34 >
Abasoufiane

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 09:46
they are definitly more cut scenes thanother rpg' s but this is great because the acting and voices are awesome... i still have issue with the main character because he' s really young and has that soemwhat girly look, but other characters are just awesome, one of the best second characters ever... i love the guys (the pirate and the other two knighs) , the princess is just beautiful and has charisma, panelo is the protective cute girl, and that iforgothename is also interesting...

i' ll never stop mentioneing it, but this game is definitly inspired by star wars, if only an interview could be made with the director to confirm that.
Evil Man

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 09:49
It has alot of in-game cutscenes, few FMVs.
Dionysius

RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 10, 2006 14:19

' ll never stop mentioneing it, but this game is definitly inspired by star wars, if only an interview could be made with the director to confirm that.

Well it is preatty apparent, and it has been so since the early when they first started showing pics and trailers. Also everyone that has tested the game over att my place, though haven' t really followed its devoelpoment have all also come to say it has that Star Wars feel. Heck they even have a judge with black armor, speaking with Vader voice.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 11, 2006 05:11
Nice to hear you guys like it. but.. Better than ffx?

[I suppose I have to wait untill you guys finish it]
uumai

• Total Posts : 1363
RE: Final Fantasy 12 thread - Oct 11, 2006 05:29
A question for all you plaing it atm..

I played the demo and it seemed mission based almost, kinda like ffx-2. So my question is, does this game play with a linear fashion like ffx, or more mission based like ffx-2?

Perhaps somewhere in between, If it is linear like ffx i' d give it a try...
Change Page: < 12345 > | Showing page 3 of 5, messages 41 to 60 of 95

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message