Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Food or Drink?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25
ColdFusion

• Total Posts : 35
Food or Drink? - Jun 23, 2004 23:26
If you had to choose between the two which would you get?

Food>Drink

< Message edited by ColdFusion -- 6/23/2004 11:36:19 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 24, 2004 01:30
depends on the circumstances. Is this for the rest of my life? If so I' d choose drink just as long as I could get drinks with many important nutrients in them, like Pepsi or Jack Daniels. Just having food alone would dehydrate you. I enjoy eating food. REALLY enjoy it. Fortunately I rarely gain any weight.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 24, 2004 05:26
I guess I would pick food and find a way to make my own beer
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 25, 2004 03:40
I' d have to go with drink. Being thirsty really really sucks. And there are things you can drink to make up for no food
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 25, 2004 03:42
But you can also acquire liquid through foods
I would probably go with food but it would suck to have no glass of something with a meal
You could probably last longer with no liquid than no food since you get liquid from various foods such as fruits
Rikka

RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 25, 2004 03:48
false.

The process of digesting dehydrates the body. You can subsist much longer on no food than you can on no water. And drinking your urine only makes it worse, it serves to further dehydrate the body.
RavenShadow

RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 25, 2004 03:57
But when food is digesting the final stage is to reabsorb all the water in order to minimize water lose so you don' t become dehydrated. Yes you will lose some of course but a good portion of the body' s water supply does come from foods.

And if you are drinking more fluids wouldn' t that increase the occurance of urination which would potentially increase the rate of excreting much needed nutrients and ions?
Rikka

RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 25, 2004 04:28
no, the majority of your body' s water supply does indeed come from the intake of liquids. It does depend on what you are eating as to how much water one will absorb. I mean an apple will require less water to digest and will result in an intake of fluids, whereas a cracker or a piece of bread will require more water to digest and will result in a decrease of water.

Your body is pretty good at regulating nutrient excretion, so long as you are not flushing your body with too much water and are intaking nutrients you will be ok. The body reabsorbs many essential nutrients from the urine while in the kidneys. BAH I feel like I am TAing my physiology course all over again. Sorry for the lecture, I will stop
RavenShadow

RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 25, 2004 04:36

the majority of your body' s water supply does indeed come from the intake of liquids

I agree, I just said that a good portion does come from foods though.

mean an apple will require less water to digest and will result in an intake of fluids, whereas a cracker or a piece of bread will require more water to digest and will result in a decrease of water.

Good point

long as you are not flushing your body with too much water

But if you are not eating AND only drinking liquids then wouldn' t you be flushing out the body and not acquiring as much nutrients as you would need?

Plus you would require carbohydrates, fats and proteins to function properly which you don' t exactly get a whole lot from liquids (can get some but most likely not enough) The liquids would maybe keep your electrolyte balances relatively in a homeostatic range but without food you would be lacking most of the compounds (carbs, fats, and protein) that the body needs

Don' t worry about the lecturing. We may be both guilty of that (however your info may be more credible than mine haha )

We may also be taking this hypothetical situation a bit to seriously haha
matthayter700

• Total Posts : 25
RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 28, 2004 01:57
If I could only have one forever you mean? In that case I' d say drink. First of all, you can survive much longer with drink and no food than with food and no drink. Second of all, like Rikka said, " And there are things you can drink to make up for no food" :)
RavenShadow

RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 28, 2004 03:22
I suppose with today' s energy drinks and such that the drinks probably would keep you going longer
I suppose I will succomb and change my position and say drinks
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: Food or Drink? - Jun 28, 2004 19:17
If I was in a situation where I could only have Food or drink, i probably wouldnt last much longer anyway. I think I' d rather go out a bit quicker and drunk, then living a little longer on boring food
metroidhunter2004

• Total Posts : 14
RE: Food or Drink? - Jul 01, 2004 02:30
I' d choose food because you can also get drinks inside of it such as eating a watermelon you get water inside. Same with oranges, you get orange juice from them. oh sorry bout the lecture LOL.
< Message edited by metroidhunter2004 -- 7/1/2004 2:32:00 AM >
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Food or Drink? - Jul 01, 2004 02:39
Drink, simply because I run all the damn time, and theres many drinks out that can provide me with what I need...then again do we have access to a blender? then we could grind the foods to a near liquad form and drink that...need a good blender tho for som foods...maybe during this choice of either food or water I could invent somin that turn food to a liquid that can satify both thirst and hunger...

ya maybe I just stick to the basics for this question...I would go with drink...cuz I like to run...
< Message edited by Mass X -- 7/1/2004 2:39:58 AM >
Rikka

RE: Food or Drink? - Jul 01, 2004 06:13
Raven Shadow. I agree I think the two of us are looking too deeply into this it is kind of fun though.

Hmm, that is a good question, do we have access to a blender or a juicer? I wonder what chicken juice would taste like?
fictionised

• Total Posts : 85
RE: Food or Drink? - Jul 06, 2004 10:39
Drink- that way I could survive long enough to find food, or go crazy- meh
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Food or Drink? - Jul 06, 2004 17:59
FOOD (yummy)-why? fruits belong to food, and fruits have juice, that way i' d be getting both nutrients and liquid. Just water will kill u, water is not nutricious.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Food or Drink? - Jul 06, 2004 20:13
Fruit Juice Drinks
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Food or Drink? - Aug 30, 2004 02:19
I would choose foods, and then eat watermelon.

You' d get both with watermelon...
kimo

• Total Posts : 13
RE: Food or Drink? - Aug 30, 2004 22:41
i agree wit daroosh. id eat watermelon. or pic drink and drink martinis all day with the olives in em. but watermelon all day would piss me off real quick. oh man im really confused.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 25

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message