Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 18, 2005 11:30
Lucas' s Star Wars takes on Tolkien' s Lord of the Rings!!!

Two of them have been incredibly well-recieved in the box office. One revolves around the dark side, the other a ring. Both represent the imbalance between good and evil. But only one will reign supreme, depending on your opinions.

But they' re not very similar. The aesthetic look of each speaks for itself. Lord of the Rings looks like it took place in old times, while StarWars looks futuristic, but both take place in different worlds; Middle Earth, and a galaxy far far away.

Anyway, my pick is Lord of the Rings. The books are the epitome of fantasy and adventure, and the films are phenominal as well. But of course, we are comparing the films, and for that, I still think the Lord of the Rings trilogy is better than all six StarWars films combined. It' s so vast and rich in it' s species and races, and incredibly deep in the plot. Plus, I think the creations of JRR Tolkien are a million times as original as George Lucas' s. Compare Ents and Wookies. Balrog and ... those teddy bears from Return of the Jedi. So yeah, that' s my pick. Plus, I think the last three Star Wars films (Episodes I,II, and III) have been pretty bad..

Which film collection do you prefer? Lord of the Rings or Star Wars?
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 18, 2005 11:52
I honestly don' t think you can compare the two. I am a fan of both series, and they both have their good points and their flaws. They just aren' t comparable.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 18, 2005 11:59
But which is your favorite? If you could watch one film right now, would you rather watch a LOTR movie or a Star Wars flick?
Rikka

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 19, 2005 09:03
totally depends on my mood and how much uninterrupted time i have. I don' t see it as an accurate comparison
Jason Zeidan

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 19, 2005 20:35
Oh my God, just pick.

I choose LOTR because they have magic, and a more epic appeal, while Star Wars is a bit more silly. There, easy as that.

Which do you like more? Forget about the mood, which series do you think is better? The characters, the worlds, the plot, the villains... OMG JUST PICK!!!!!
Rikka

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 19, 2005 23:25
whoa calm down there sparky.

I choose to abstain from the vote. Happy?
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 20, 2005 07:09
LOTR series...

But not by much...
Jason Zeidan

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 20, 2005 10:28
Okay, thanks. Sorry about that.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 21, 2005 07:56
I vote for the original LOTR cartoon!!!!!! Yeah baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 23, 2005 19:43
i like them both but i like star wars a little more
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 24, 2005 13:22
Blasphemy. Have you no heritage? Star Wars, period.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 27, 2005 09:33
I would have to go for Star Wars. But c' mon man! it' s almost taboo to compare two phenomenal epics like these!

To be more technical, i guess i' d say LOTR is nicer to look at, while Star Wars makes you laugh a lot (if you include ep 4, 5, and 6 that is).
Boss Hogg

• Total Posts : 299
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 27, 2005 10:22
Star Wars I never really like LOTR that much anyway.

Jason Zeidan

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 30, 2005 11:41
The last Starwars movies made you laugh... of embarassment.

The LOTR trilogy is epic excellence. Keep in mind that the third LOTR movie won all twelve Oscar nominations.

Did starwars ever win an oscar? I' m sure it did for best special effects..
Boss Hogg

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 30, 2005 12:15
LOTR is 2 long i could hardly stay up while watching the 3rd one. Starwars at least kept me interested & awake.

Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 30, 2005 12:26
LOTR. that' s mainly because Star Wars Episodes I, II, and III sucked so bad they ruined the series. Especially Episode III, that movie just sucked in almost every possible way. I went and saw it a second time to see if my feelings changed and they did, I hated it more.
Boss Hogg

RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Jul 30, 2005 12:46
WTF!! Episode 3 was the best starwars movie! I' ll admit Episode 1&2 really werent that good but the 3rd movie was just excellent.
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Aug 01, 2005 16:12
There are good and bad points for both.

Star Wars:

Good
Episodes VI, V, and VI were awesome and fun movies, that were very innovative in their production. Episode III I thought was really entertaining, and saved the prequels (in my mind). Obi Wan ROCKED hard!

Bad
Little Anakin (or Annie as they called him) was grating, middle Anakin (Hayden) overacted A LOT. Jar Jar could kill himself. The love story was tripe.

Lord of the Rings:

Good
Represented the books VERY well. The artistry and sets were masterfully done. Though long, the subject matter kept my interest. The acting was great. The series, as a whole, did not have a movie that could be considered a " weak link" .

Bad
Though the special effects were ASTOUNDING, I felt that they sometimes relied too heavily on them. Sometimes the material was transparently tear jerking material. Especially that damn Sam! I liked him, but damn! Does that guy have any water left in his body after all that crying?!?

Overall, my vote goes to....

Sorry. I just can' t choose! Why? ' Cause dammit, I don' t have to! I enjoy them both!
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Aug 19, 2005 13:44
dude, star wars is not silly, jason zeidan. no more so than lotr at least. the force is so much cooler than magic, and i dont recall light sabers in lotr. Star wars all the way. i do like lotr though, but starwars makes me feel like less of a geek. for some reason. i dont really remember why anymore.
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: Lord of the Rings vs Star Wars - Aug 19, 2005 13:46
and dude, chee saw, of course middle anakin over reacted, he was being manipulated by the emperor, plus he was wicked powerful and couldnt be with his wife. and the love story is not tripe as it sets up the rest of the series. youre crazy man, crazy.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 23

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message