Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Do you like Nintendo??
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 16:22
I made this thread courtesy of the corporation that strides to win your recognition, yet many dismiss it, perhaps because of it' s family-friendliness, lack of support, or slow sales. Yet, despite of that, it still doesn' t deserves what it gets, especially since Nintendo is afterall the grandfather of the industry. So I made this thread to know what all the kikizo users think of our cute li' l underdog, Nintendo.

.. or furthermore, discuss why it' s competitors suit your gaming needs more than the company that' s been serving you guys for twenty years.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 17:15
Hell yes I love Nintendo their my favorite company and im going to stand by them and buy all their new consoles in future or whatever there going to be.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 17:36
Yes and no. I like them because they are the only pure videogame company still making game systems. Gotta respect and support that. Sony and Microsoft are NOT videogame companies. They also have some innovative games that are fun to play and their systems are usually built very, very well (as in durable, not technically well).

I don' t like them because they are very slow, they live in the past when it comes to technology (HDTV, 16:9, Dolby Digital, etc), and whore Mario out to no end. I' m pretty much sick of seeing Mario. I hated Nintendo during the N64 days, mainly because I hated the N64. The graphics were just attrocious! I did love games like Mario 64, Waverace 64, and a few other games with " 64" in the names (I think all N64 games required " 64" to be in the name). Besides those games, the N64 is my least favorite system of all time. It made my eyeballs bleed. Gamecube is better, but still lacks a decent library of games. I love games made by Sega, but Nintendo has yet to crank out one GC game that is dear to me (F-Zero does not count as that was made by the far superior designers and programmers at Sega who know the Gamecube better than Nintendo).
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Jul 05 1:39:35 >
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 18:12
nintendo is great.i love all there systems.i love mario and the gameboy advance.yea they may have low sales but o well because i know nintendo is good.
< Message edited by residentevil327 -- 27 Jul 05 2:13:48 >
Jason Zeidan

RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 19:09
They' re not dismissing technology like HD and 16:9, they' re skipping the features that are too costly for the consumer. They' re thinking about you, Joe.

Nintendo' s the kind of company you have to root for. They were the industry darling in the late eightees and early ninetees, and it was them and Sega that were huge titans during SNES, Genesis days. Back then, people either liked Nintendo or Sega, and they were seemingly always on an even footing, and fans knew that the Mario vs Sonic, Nintendo vs Sega ordeal will live forever. Yet, Sony came for the attack, going for our beloved Sega and Nintendo' s throats. The companies we thought were indestructible, were finally getting trounced by a rookie! People were shocked to see that the industry titans became underdogs, and eventually, Sega was out of the scene. We jumped from a Nintendo and Sega world to a Sony world, and people were interested to see that Sega' s biggest rival, Nintendo, was able to stick around longer. Everybody wants Nintendo to gain back the throne that belonged to it, to take revenge on this up-' n-comer. It was like the two heroes we have grown to love enganged in a surprising war, ending with one them becoming unexistant. It' s like a movie, you' re rooting for Nintendo, the hero, to regain the rightful throne that the evil juggernaut stole. The hero will face difficulties, lack of support, even more new-comers, but in the end, the good guy always has to win. Nintendo' s the good guy. Nintendo' s the hero.

I guess that pretty much sums up my two-cents worth on Nintendo. As I said, Nintendo' ll face some hardships, but we have yet to reach the climax of the movie, namely a revolution, that will end with the hero getting the glory it once had.
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 19:25
I like Nintendo' s handhelds, but I stopped liking their systems after N64. I didn' t buy a Gamecube to only buy a handful of games.
Joe Redifer

RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 22:28
HD and 16:9 costing gamers more? Gee, Xbox games that are in HD and/or 16:9 don' t cost any more than the ones that aren' t. Computer games which can run in either low resolutions or super high resolutions are pretty damn cheap. I think Nintendo wants to make a super-cheapy console with no real notable graphic or sound capability. Why even bring out a new console if it will only be 4 times as powerful? Nintendo is ignorant. Also their boss Yamamuchi or whatever his name is is super-racist!
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 02:17
It simply can' t be denied that Nintendo have done much for our pastime and they should be commended for this. Myself? I think they' re a truly exceptional company, but I do agree with Joe Redifer about them living in the past and not moving with the times.

I' m also pretty dubious about the revolution controller and hope that it' s nothing too redicoulous. But this is coming from the guys who created triggers, analog sticks and rumble functions in pads, so I' ve got high hopes of it being something pretty special and eventually becoming the industry standard.

I wish Nintendo a successful future in the coming generation.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 06:13
The first videogame I actually owned was a Nintendo Game & Watch. I really love this company, even though I have grown tired of the same old franchises being exploited again and again. They still produce amazing games with a certain flair that few other developers can match, but I think it' s time for some new characters. I don' t know, perhaps they' ll be better off doing a Sega and concentrating on software development.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 10:12
I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns...... okay not really, this reply was just for some high drama.
Jason Zeidan

RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 12:18
First off Joe, currently, HD games aren' t costly, but because Microsoft and Sony are fully exploiting it next gen, the games are going to be more expensive, the systems are going to be more expensive, and if you already don' t have an HD TV, will make it very expensive.

Second of all, Hiroshi Yamauchi retired back in 2000. Satoru Iwata is the corporate president. And that ' racist' comment you made is because you saw that ' Wired' interview, that turned out to be fake. He' s not a racist. And Iwata is probably the nicest of all corporate presidents.
lotusson

• Total Posts : 1212
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 14:49
HD is not making games more expensive. Development cost (i.e. the man power to make games) is driving up the price.
Joe Redifer

RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 16:07
What Wired interview? The man has always been very anti-gaijin.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 17:16
The 360 is supposed to come out at $300 which is the same as last generation and it' s a f-ing supercomputer. It' s not getting any more costly.

The NES was my first system and I will always have a place for them in my heart. The Mario/Duck Hunt combo was the greatest thing ever back then... right until the Genesis came out. The Sega pwned Nintendo in the face. Go Sonic! Sega is the actually originator of videogame companies and it started here in the U.S. They are the ones that deserve to relcaim their thrown as the gaming giant. Nintendo has gone down hill since the N64 and I can hardly look at Mario anymore ofter the piece of garabage Mario Sunshine was released. That game was worse than Sonic Heroes imo.

To sum it up, LONG LIVE SEGA!!!
Jason Zeidan

RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 22:21
Oh my god, Rampage!!! You thought Mario Sunshine was garbage??!! You' re so wierd, it' s amazing! Super Mario Sunshine has to be one of my favorite games!! It has problems, I will admit, but hey, all games have flaws.... even Chaos Theory ....And plus, Sonic' s best can' t beat Mario on his worst day! Mario, asleep, has better games than Sonic in his best outing.

Don' t get me started on Sonic Heroes; now that' s garbage. I also think it was IGN that gave ' Sunshine' a 9.2, but gave ' Heroes' a 7.8..
< Message edited by Jason Zeidan -- 28 Jul 05 6:23:55 >
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 23:31
Evil Man

• Total Posts : 1441
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 01:22
I thought SMS was trash... it has nothing on Mario 64, I had more fun with the Mario 64 port on DS than with SMS. The tropical vacation theme just doesn' t work, the game needs to stay truer to its roots.
MikeK

• Total Posts : 147
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 08:19
Sunshine, yeh it wasn' to great but it' s better than some other games I played. Mario 64 is the best one.

Thats a funny comic strip you got ther, the .ben.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 08:53
Mario 64 was the sh*t. All the marios before that were also awesome. Mario Sunshine disgraced the legacy. Sonic is better and always will be better.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 28 Jul 05 18:14:54 >
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 10:13
I like Nintendo a lot.
Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 20 of 41

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages