Do you like Nintendo??

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 41
Jason Zeidan
  • Total Posts : 308
  • Reward points : 0
Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 16:22
I made this thread courtesy of the corporation that strides to win your recognition, yet many dismiss it, perhaps because of it' s family-friendliness, lack of support, or slow sales. Yet, despite of that, it still doesn' t deserves what it gets, especially since Nintendo is afterall the grandfather of the industry. So I made this thread to know what all the kikizo users think of our cute li' l underdog, Nintendo.

.. or furthermore, discuss why it' s competitors suit your gaming needs more than the company that' s been serving you guys for twenty years.
" Nintendo' s an innovator,
Sony' s an imitator."

Yet, for some reason, it' s Sony that gets all the credit.

MikeK
  • Total Posts : 147
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 17:15
Hell yes I love Nintendo their my favorite company and im going to stand by them and buy all their new consoles in future or whatever there going to be.

Joe Redifer
  • Total Posts : 4481
  • Reward points : 43145
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 17:36
Yes and no. I like them because they are the only pure videogame company still making game systems. Gotta respect and support that. Sony and Microsoft are NOT videogame companies. They also have some innovative games that are fun to play and their systems are usually built very, very well (as in durable, not technically well).

I don' t like them because they are very slow, they live in the past when it comes to technology (HDTV, 16:9, Dolby Digital, etc), and whore Mario out to no end. I' m pretty much sick of seeing Mario. I hated Nintendo during the N64 days, mainly because I hated the N64. The graphics were just attrocious! I did love games like Mario 64, Waverace 64, and a few other games with " 64" in the names (I think all N64 games required " 64" to be in the name). Besides those games, the N64 is my least favorite system of all time. It made my eyeballs bleed. Gamecube is better, but still lacks a decent library of games. I love games made by Sega, but Nintendo has yet to crank out one GC game that is dear to me (F-Zero does not count as that was made by the far superior designers and programmers at Sega who know the Gamecube better than Nintendo).
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 27 Jul 05 1:39:35 >

residentevil327
  • Total Posts : 406
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 18:12
nintendo is great.i love all there systems.i love mario and the gameboy advance.yea they may have low sales but o well because i know nintendo is good.
< Message edited by residentevil327 -- 27 Jul 05 2:13:48 >

Jason Zeidan
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 19:09
They' re not dismissing technology like HD and 16:9, they' re skipping the features that are too costly for the consumer. They' re thinking about you, Joe.

Nintendo' s the kind of company you have to root for. They were the industry darling in the late eightees and early ninetees, and it was them and Sega that were huge titans during SNES, Genesis days. Back then, people either liked Nintendo or Sega, and they were seemingly always on an even footing, and fans knew that the Mario vs Sonic, Nintendo vs Sega ordeal will live forever. Yet, Sony came for the attack, going for our beloved Sega and Nintendo' s throats. The companies we thought were indestructible, were finally getting trounced by a rookie! People were shocked to see that the industry titans became underdogs, and eventually, Sega was out of the scene. We jumped from a Nintendo and Sega world to a Sony world, and people were interested to see that Sega' s biggest rival, Nintendo, was able to stick around longer. Everybody wants Nintendo to gain back the throne that belonged to it, to take revenge on this up-' n-comer. It was like the two heroes we have grown to love enganged in a surprising war, ending with one them becoming unexistant. It' s like a movie, you' re rooting for Nintendo, the hero, to regain the rightful throne that the evil juggernaut stole. The hero will face difficulties, lack of support, even more new-comers, but in the end, the good guy always has to win. Nintendo' s the good guy. Nintendo' s the hero.

I guess that pretty much sums up my two-cents worth on Nintendo. As I said, Nintendo' ll face some hardships, but we have yet to reach the climax of the movie, namely a revolution, that will end with the hero getting the glory it once had.
Sony' s an imitator."

George Foreman
  • Total Posts : 124
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 19:25
I like Nintendo' s handhelds, but I stopped liking their systems after N64. I didn' t buy a Gamecube to only buy a handful of games.

Joe Redifer
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 26, 2005 22:28
HD and 16:9 costing gamers more? Gee, Xbox games that are in HD and/or 16:9 don' t cost any more than the ones that aren' t. Computer games which can run in either low resolutions or super high resolutions are pretty damn cheap. I think Nintendo wants to make a super-cheapy console with no real notable graphic or sound capability. Why even bring out a new console if it will only be 4 times as powerful? Nintendo is ignorant. Also their boss Yamamuchi or whatever his name is is super-racist!

Auron
  • Total Posts : 157
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 02:17
It simply can' t be denied that Nintendo have done much for our pastime and they should be commended for this. Myself? I think they' re a truly exceptional company, but I do agree with Joe Redifer about them living in the past and not moving with the times.

I' m also pretty dubious about the revolution controller and hope that it' s nothing too redicoulous. But this is coming from the guys who created triggers, analog sticks and rumble functions in pads, so I' ve got high hopes of it being something pretty special and eventually becoming the industry standard.

I wish Nintendo a successful future in the coming generation.

dismiss
  • Total Posts : 90
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 06:13
The first videogame I actually owned was a Nintendo Game & Watch. I really love this company, even though I have grown tired of the same old franchises being exploited again and again. They still produce amazing games with a certain flair that few other developers can match, but I think it' s time for some new characters. I don' t know, perhaps they' ll be better off doing a Sega and concentrating on software development.
Artistic merit is more important than technical excellence

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 10:12
I hate them with the passion of a thousand burning suns...... okay not really, this reply was just for some high drama.

Jason Zeidan
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 12:18
First off Joe, currently, HD games aren' t costly, but because Microsoft and Sony are fully exploiting it next gen, the games are going to be more expensive, the systems are going to be more expensive, and if you already don' t have an HD TV, will make it very expensive.

Second of all, Hiroshi Yamauchi retired back in 2000. Satoru Iwata is the corporate president. And that ' racist' comment you made is because you saw that ' Wired' interview, that turned out to be fake. He' s not a racist. And Iwata is probably the nicest of all corporate presidents.
Sony' s an imitator."

lotusson
  • Total Posts : 1212
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 14:49
HD is not making games more expensive. Development cost (i.e. the man power to make games) is driving up the price.

Joe Redifer
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 16:07
What Wired interview? The man has always been very anti-gaijin.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 17:16
The 360 is supposed to come out at $300 which is the same as last generation and it' s a f-ing supercomputer. It' s not getting any more costly.

The NES was my first system and I will always have a place for them in my heart. The Mario/Duck Hunt combo was the greatest thing ever back then... right until the Genesis came out. The Sega pwned Nintendo in the face. Go Sonic! Sega is the actually originator of videogame companies and it started here in the U.S. They are the ones that deserve to relcaim their thrown as the gaming giant. Nintendo has gone down hill since the N64 and I can hardly look at Mario anymore ofter the piece of garabage Mario Sunshine was released. That game was worse than Sonic Heroes imo.

To sum it up, LONG LIVE SEGA!!!
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Jason Zeidan
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 22:21
Oh my god, Rampage!!! You thought Mario Sunshine was garbage??!! You' re so wierd, it' s amazing! Super Mario Sunshine has to be one of my favorite games!! It has problems, I will admit, but hey, all games have flaws.... even Chaos Theory ....And plus, Sonic' s best can' t beat Mario on his worst day! Mario, asleep, has better games than Sonic in his best outing.

Don' t get me started on Sonic Heroes; now that' s garbage. I also think it was IGN that gave ' Sunshine' a 9.2, but gave ' Heroes' a 7.8..
< Message edited by Jason Zeidan -- 28 Jul 05 6:23:55 >
Sony' s an imitator."

the.ben
  • Total Posts : 324
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 27, 2005 23:31

Evil Man
  • Total Posts : 1441
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 01:22
I thought SMS was trash... it has nothing on Mario 64, I had more fun with the Mario 64 port on DS than with SMS. The tropical vacation theme just doesn' t work, the game needs to stay truer to its roots.

MikeK
  • Total Posts : 147
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 08:19
Sunshine, yeh it wasn' to great but it' s better than some other games I played. Mario 64 is the best one.

Thats a funny comic strip you got ther, the .ben.

Rampage99
  • Total Posts : 3161
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 08:53
Mario 64 was the sh*t. All the marios before that were also awesome. Mario Sunshine disgraced the legacy. Sonic is better and always will be better.
< Message edited by Rampage99 -- 28 Jul 05 18:14:54 >
XBL Gamertag: Rampage99

" Basically, pollute the air all you want, your just speeding up the inevitable. Our future generations are f*cked as it is and there' s really nothing we can do about it. Have a nice day "

Naked Snake
  • Total Posts : 228
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jul 28, 2005 10:13
I like Nintendo a lot.

Snowman99
  • Total Posts : 77
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 18, 2005 17:34
nitendo is awsome

Joseph
  • Total Posts : 6
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 19, 2005 00:40
Well one thing Nintendo was my second system that I ever had but my first was the atari and the atari came out way before the nintendo. If you think about it the Atari is what started alot of the new systems that are out today. I still have my Atari and it still works and still gives me no problems at all. I now own a Playstation and xbox and I like them but not as much as my Atari top of the line at its time.

MGSfan1981
  • Total Posts : 7
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 19, 2005 09:36
how can u not like nintendo, with games like mario 64, zelda games on the n64 and gamecube. and also games in development now, like zelda twighlight princess. Still not sure of the revolution controller up to now tho.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v481/topham1/sigs/mgs4siggreat.jpg[/img]

]GaNgStA[
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 25, 2005 16:54
Most people here didn' t even mention Zelda and that' s pretty strange :)

I love nintendo for their quality that I haven' t found on both PS2 and Xbox (even though I have an Xbox and PS2 without GCN now)

SMS truly was a disgrace - can' t argue here.N64 had far more killer games than GCN.

HD , DD 5.1 , 16/9 ? Well Sony didn' t go that way either (GCN has a lot of games in 480p and 16/9 and supports ProLogic II on Devkits level - that is much more than Sony gave us).Plus they had it for a much lower price.

Xbox 360 300$ with no more costs? That would be 400$ plus Xbox live fees if you wanna get the full experience.

For know editors of major websites like ign and gamespot say that the cost of next gen is framerate - there is not a one title that runs without some hiccups from time to time.I remember when we - the console gamers laughed at PC guys that their games are choppy and " how can they play them?"

Well I guess we got a taste of it this generation and that' s a comon thing on consoles nowadays.

albogino
  • Total Posts : 60
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 27, 2005 16:48
Nintendo was good but I' m tired of hearing Mario mario mario mario.... and zelda zelda zelda. I' m tired of Sonic too.These companies, i mean what is it with them, don' t they have any new ideas for console icons???? Nintendo needs to take a risk and invest some money on their console, otherwise they should just become a software company.

It' s true that for the xbox 360 u' d have to spend 5 bills to get the complete package, but then u can actually have fun and enjoy urself with whatever u want. Games for 360 r gonna be for a broader audience, u can even play arcade games :D:D:D:D:D So for me, instead of buying a revolution i will buy a 360 since i also like their game library. Sony...well i dunno what to say about them, they' d have to change that boomerang for a normal controller.

I put my trust in 360 (even tho i hate microsoft for some things) cuz they invested a good amount of money in making their console, good amound of money in making new business relationships with developinh studios and cuz they r the biggest software compnay on earth. what better combination could there be?? a company that can actually take almost full advantage of hardware by writing good software. now it' s just up to the game studios to learn how to use this software.

Nintendo it seems to be is either stubborn or they just don' t have enough money to run against the competition.
- If you' re searching for truth you must look in the mirror and make sense of what you can see, just be..just be!

swordsman
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 28, 2005 02:18
Yes=great games SMB 4

I was a great Sega fan boy, but after I saw Super Mario world IV and Super castle vania 4 I couldn' t resist the Super Nintendo 16-bit.

I have some consoles from them:
Nintendo 16-bit
Nintendo 64 bit
1 gameboy
1 game advance
2 gba sp
1 gamecube.
no DS for me >>I prefer PSP (emu heaven)

NO=
-Late with the games..
-Alots of GBA version>>milking
-DS and why not a successor of GBA??

and the way they have created the new controller for the revolution and they have forgotten the hard cores (the reason was: too many buttons and too complex for the peoples) duh
I want to play the game with my regular joy pad and not with my remote or flashlight or what ever it will call

I will have to wait and see how to the revolution will turn out (I am a bit skeptical for now).
But first Xbox360 for me this Dec. 2nd (great joy pad by the way=almost likes the Japanese Sega Saturn' s joy pad )

albogino
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 29, 2005 00:11
LoL, I will start with my 360 this year, when the revolution comes out I' ll go to my buddy' s house who btw is a nintendo fanboy and try it out. If i like it, I' ll buy it, or to better say, I' ll wait for a while and see what kind of games they come up with, cuz I' m not gonna get the rev. to play splinter cell 4 on it with that remote, when i can comfortably play it with the 360 controller.

anyone know of the rev is gonna have online multiplayer support this time around? if not then im definitely not getting it, don' t care how good the games will be. I' m a big online multiplayer fan
- If you' re searching for truth you must look in the mirror and make sense of what you can see, just be..just be!

ginjirou
  • Total Posts : 4836
  • Reward points : 16545
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 29, 2005 06:44
Nintendo said that the Revolution would be their big step into online gaming so you should expect Rev to have online multiplayer games. Nintendo is really trying to show people that they have discovered online play.
Just look at the DS. Soon it will have lots of online games, the first to be released are Mario Kart DS, Metroid Prime Hunters and Animal Crossing DS with more to follow. It' s to bad it took Nintendo so long to realize that online games are important.
It' s going to be interesting to see if online games will work well with the Rev-controller. I guess online mini/pussel-games will do perfect but that' s not exactly the most popular genre in online multiplayer gaming...

mxpx182
  • Total Posts : 1394
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 29, 2005 08:21
I love Nintendo. I hate that Mario whoring that goes on, and i' m not a big fan of hand held gaming, but their first party franchise are awsome, and I like the balls they' ve grown lately.

]GaNgStA[
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 29, 2005 15:07

a company that can actually take almost full advantage of hardware by writing good software

YEAH you showed them ! - that' s actually Nintendo not MS since you don' t get to " play" windows or office on Xbox :)

And every system has a first party support , but only the N has one so strong that keeps them going without serious 3rd party support

(they are far more profitable than MS when it comes to VGames industry by the way)

And u bitch about Rev and predict next gen winners not even knowing that Rev is going 100% online? W O W
< Message edited by ]GaNgStA[ -- 29 Oct 05 23:10:28 >

albogino
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 30, 2005 23:35

YEAH you showed them ! - that' s actually Nintendo not MS since you don' t get to " play" windows or office on Xbox :)

huh???

and im not trying to " SHOW" anyone anything, im just saying things from my perspective.

N has one so strong cuz they' ve been around the longest. give a chance to the others. MS just started, give them time, next-gen will break it or make it for them, i think.

ginjirou
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 31, 2005 03:19
Give them time? Nintendo has been around the longest beacause their first big product was a big success. And Sony became market leader because their first product was a complete success. They didn' t need any time!
If the first product is a success then people will relate the company brand with good products and they will gather a loyal fanbase as well as big support from retailers as well as developers. So it' s going to be hard for Microsoft to succeed considering their failure with Xbox. Not impossible of course, they have their fans and a lot of respect for their products as well as better preparation for the coming war, but it' s going to be very hard. Especially in Japan.
Why is Mr. Gates making the Xbox by the way? Doesn' t he have a vision that all the entertainment in the home should be handled by the computer? If he really sticks with his vision, he will stop making video-game consoles. That would be to bad, I like the competition. It forces the companies to make better things. I mean, Nintendo was quite slow on their GB updates since they didn' t have any real competition before the PSP.

albogino
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 31, 2005 10:57
MS is in a diff spot from sony. Sony came in with 3D, even tho dreamcast had it, but dreamcast had its problems, so when sony came, there was basically little competition. what' s MS gonna do, 4D?? anyways, Bill Gates is a businessman like all the others and he sees the opportunity to make money and he' s going for it. because MS is not even an electronics company, it made mistakes with Xbox, and they fixed them with the 360. for them, a software company, to come in and make a console and all that stuff, it' s not easy man.
and the 360 is a computer dude.

ginjirou
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 31, 2005 11:03
360 is a computer, yes. But PC, no. Mr. Gates vision is that there shoud be a PC only. Sorry if I said computer.
Ok, Sony came in with the PSX when 3D was new and that helped them.
But since MS doesn' t have the opportunity to do something equivalent to what Sony did with PSX, they have had, and will have, a hard time.
The Dreamcast came out after PSX. PS2s success was depending on the success of the PSX.

albogino
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Oct 31, 2005 11:50
my bad about the psx dreamcast thing, forgot. and yeah ur right, 360 will have a hard time

]GaNgStA[
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jan 02, 2006 03:55
it will have a hard time in Japan but when the games appear it might do good.

For me the main problem MS has right now is that the current Gen is at it' s best.
Like always at the end of cycle the best games come out - devs know the hardware so well and the games are polished etc.

MS released it' s system earlier than PS3 , but years after PS2 :)

This current gen is still to strong for them to compete.

The good thing about it is that MS will actually gather some fantastic games before PS3 lands into stores.

But like someone said - NExt Gen starts with next generation of PlayStation.
Dreamcast had no problems -PS2 Hype had killed it.

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jan 02, 2006 04:22
I don' t think I ever noticed how big a Nintendo fan I was(and still am) until the Gamecube was released. I initially bought the Cube for Super Smash Bros Melee because I absolutely adored the first one. Soon after, I couldn' t control myself. I bought games like mad! I loved the SNES and N64(and GB), and never even thought of the competition- despite my dad owning a Playstation.

Nowadays it' s all " that one' s better" this, and " console X sucks" that. Oh how I long for the good old days when I could just beat everyone at Goldeneye and Smash Bros without a care in the world...

Ummm... anywhoooooooooo, yay next-gen!

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jan 02, 2006 05:03
what is the point of reviving all these dead threads?

Marink
  • Total Posts : 884
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jan 02, 2006 11:37

what is the point of reviving all these dead threads?

Perhaps he thought it was interesting and decided to post? That' s why we reply in new threads isn' t it?

PS. I didn' t notice how old it was, I haven' t been on often.

Vx Chemical
  • Total Posts : 5534
  • Reward points : 6695
RE: Do you like Nintendo?? - Jan 02, 2006 11:46
I just noticed a lot of old threads popping up all of a sudden, sure its okay to reply if you have something to say, but im sure most people wont read up on what as said and the thread will simply pass away again. Be better to create a new thread than dig one up thats 3 months old

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 40 of 41