Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Dawn Of The Dead!!!
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 19, 2004 03:29
Dawn Of The Dead is my most favorite zombie movie ever. I loved it. I cant wait for the remake to hit theatres, I hope it lives up to its original! Anyone else looking forward to this movie?
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 19, 2004 03:36
I' m fairly excited. I' m going to try and view the movie tommorrow with some friends but around here you have to 18 and the majority of my friends are all 17. Plus, they might not be the type to view a movie such as that, but they are hot (the girls mind you) so I will have to make an exception.
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 21, 2004 22:16
Dawn of the dead was O.K. It wasnt a great movie.

It wasnt even close to being scary,but it was the goryest movie i ever seen.

Resident Evil is more scarier and a way better movie than this.

The best part of the movie was the first like 10 minutes.

But it is a movie worth watching.
yoshimitsu15

RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 21, 2004 22:39
I have to diagree with you. Resident Evil is complete rubbish. I liked the series and I think it' s garbage. The CG effects were horrible, and the story was blah. Dawn of the Dead is 100 % better than RE.

What you have to love about Dawn of the Dead is how it doesn' t take itself too seriously. I found myself laughing through some of the scenes. It' s definately a must see if you like zombie films, it' s one of the better ones.
deadmeat

• Total Posts : 63
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 21, 2004 23:47
Most Gore movies, I find at least one part that I start cheering/laughing/enjoying kills or whatever. If it' s no fun to watch, then, what' s the point. I' ll probably check it out on home video. (like everything else......old people don' t go to movies as much as you youngsters)
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 22, 2004 00:43
I saw Dawn of the Dead yesterday and it was on the lower scale of good.

I liked DAY OF THE LIVING DEAD a little more.
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 22, 2004 00:47
A renter then?
yoshimitsu15

RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 22, 2004 03:13
I felt that it was a really good movie. I would recommend viewing it at the theatre, but maybe that' s just me.
deadmeat

• Total Posts : 63
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 22, 2004 12:14
Most movies are probably better at the movie theater. I just can' t stand being around that many inconsiderate people. At home, my cell phone doesn' t go off. I don' t talk during the whole movie to ruin someone elses experience. I don' t have to get out of the way (TWICE) for some bone head that decides 40 minutes into a movie he wants popcorn and a drink.

I have a great sound system and decent TV. I just appreciate movies at home better these days. Like I said, 10 years ago, I didn' t feel that way, but, I have decided I am becoming too intolerant of jacka$$' s to go to the movie theater alot.

But, again, you are correct.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Mar 22, 2004 14:31
I can honestly say that Dawn of the Dead is by far the best remake and zombie flick ive seen! In the zombie catagory this one I would say beats out 28 days later. It may not be a movie to scare you shitless but hell what movie can do that to todays youth neways. I recomend this movie big time to any horror or even action buff.
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Apr 06, 2004 02:08

Dawn of the dead was O.K. It wasnt a great movie.

It wasnt even close to being scary,but it was the goryest movie i ever seen.

Resident Evil is more scarier and a way better movie than this.

The best part of the movie was the first like 10 minutes.

But it is a movie worth watching.

I would have to agree with you. The movie was ok but not what I expected. I expected a horror movie but it was pretty much a gory action movie.
The best part was definatly the first 10 - 20 minutes.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Apr 06, 2004 17:28
Yep, the best part to me was the intro.. Everything that happened before they all met up and headed into the mall.

In the other DEAD movies, did the zombies ever run? I don' t remember but I felt that was what made Dawn of the Dead a little more scarier.. You' re used to zombies dragging along, but these bastids RAN! HOLY GEEZ!lol
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Apr 06, 2004 18:05
the origional dead had the draggers. I enjoy these new breed of zombies popping up latly. Hell even the new Resident Evil will have them. I agree they seem a helluva lot scarier when they can actually run yer ass down and tackle you.
Terry Bogard

RE: Dawn Of The Dead!!! - Apr 06, 2004 20:15

Hell even the new Resident Evil will have them. I agree they seem a helluva lot scarier when they can actually run yer ass down and tackle you.

Really? The zombies in the new Resident Evil movie will run to?? Holy krap! LOL..
Time to wear reinforced underwear when I go see it!

I have always said that if horror movie characters like Michael Myers, Jason, and the zombies from the living dead actually ran after their victims, they would be scarier on a whole new level!

I always thought that was the ONLY advantage the victims in those movies had, was that they could run but these " monsters" didn' t. I often thought that if I had Michael or Jason walking after me as they do to their victims, then I' d run but keep them within sight so I know where they are.

But if they actually ran, I' d practically $HIT in my pants waiting for my death to come swiftly!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll