Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Game revival!!
Chee Saw

• Total Posts : 1466
Game revival!! - Jul 28, 2005 13:47
I' ll go first. I' d like to see a revival of the game Zillion! That game was totally freakin' sweet! Oh, and I' d like to see Phantasy Star return to it' s roots, as a kick ass ONE PLAYER role playing game! And Actraiser! Same graphics. Same premise. Just, another one!

Anybody else want to see some classic game dredged from the depths?
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 28, 2005 14:08
Hmmm.... Vector Man would be sweet as long as it didn' t look like the one that was supposed to be made for the PS2 but was cancelled. I' d like it to retain it' s original style.

I' d also like Sonic to go old school by just focusing and perfecting the solo aspect where you only play as Sonic himself. The other characters could make an apperance but Sonic definately needs his own game again.

Jurrasic Park! Sure it was a movie to game back on the Genesis but it was still great. They need to make it on the next gen consoles.

Uh... I' ll think of more soon. I gotta dig through though ol' Genesis bin in my room.
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 28, 2005 15:29
I' d like to see the games that Chee Saw wants returned. Phantasy Star was definitely not meant to be an online game. They broke it when they did that.

Other games I' d like so see revived:

Shenmue
This would be a great game if only it could get another sequel or 3.

Wonder Boy in Monster Land
This style of Wonderboy was great. The arcade Wonderboy was ass. Give us adventure!

Brain freeze... can' t think of any more right now.
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 28, 2005 16:28
I' ve long been yearning for an update of Streets of Rage, oh how that game brings back good memories. What I don' t understand is why Sega would develop Spikeout: Battle Street rather than making an update of the far more recognised Streets of Rage, damn the world can be a cruel place at times
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 28, 2005 17:08
I' d like to see a revival of EVERY 2D shooter ever created :D...

And with the power of the next-gen consoles I' d like to see Mad Dog Mcree handled in real-time :p..
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 28, 2005 17:48

I' d like to see a revival of EVERY 2D shooter ever created

Even games like:

Steel Empire
Battle Squadron
Astro Warrior
Transbot
Fire Shark
Dragon Saber
Deep Blue
Trevor McFur: Crescent Galaxy
etc

????????
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 28, 2005 18:39
Oh yeah! They need to make another Steel Battalion! I busted that game out today just to blow some huge thundering mechs up. I want some more games that utalize the controller. I have the online sequal but I constantly get my @ss handed to me.
dismiss

• Total Posts : 90
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 29, 2005 01:44
I' d like to see a new Strider. That hero was SO well-designed and dynamic. If it ever happens, I hope they don' t just churn out another DMC clone and forget about the platforming aspects.

Forgotten Worlds would be another nice one. I think it would be even better on 3d, given that you had to manoeuver and aim a lot.

An FPS/3rd person hybrid in the vein of Oddworld Stranger would be appropriate for a 3d remake of Cosmi' s Forbidden Forest, even though I doubt that anyone remembers this one.

SSI' s Dragonstrike was a cool little fantasy game, that would benefit a lot from modern day graphics.
Chee Saw

RE: Game revival!! - Jul 29, 2005 16:56
Nowadays, I' m scared of updates to classics! They' ve f***ed up so many.

I would like to also see an update of Kid Icarus. If just for the music!
kombatfighter

• Total Posts : 428
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 29, 2005 18:46
Bah, all classics will get updated soon enough.

Something that I' d really like to see again and I would actually buy the rights to.

Brute Force

The first team based xbox game out that really had some good innovation in it. My best character was Hawk. In multiplayer mode, I could kick ppl' s tail. Even against Tex, I would pose a threat. Anyways, the fact that each team member was different with not just skills but character wise. Also, the different aliens and guns. However, the alien guns just sucked really bad.
Sal

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 30, 2005 14:20
Earthbound. It wa sjust such a great game. It was a turn based RPG that made fun of turn based RPG' s. Anything that makes fun of anything is cool in my books.
residentevil327

• Total Posts : 406
RE: Game revival!! - Jul 30, 2005 18:35
i too would like see earth bound come back
< Message edited by residentevil327 -- 31 Jul 05 2:36:20 >
Chee Saw

RE: Game revival!! - Aug 10, 2005 17:21

ORIGINAL: kombatfighter

Brute Force

I agree. Brute force was a blast to play. My favorite was Flint. I' ve always liked sniping! I tell you what kombatfighter, if they come out with a new one on the 360, I' ll meet you online!

ORIGINAL: dismiss

I' d like to see a new Strider.

I don' t know how to respond to this one. I LOVED Strider. If they do a remake I PRAY that they do a good job.
L.Kennedy

• Total Posts : 28
RE: Game revival!! - Aug 10, 2005 19:14
For God sakes capcom needs to revive Street fighter ! give it a whole nex-gen overhaul and online play!

a new NBA jam would be sweet too.

and oh yeah, Road Rash!!!! C' MON!!
George Foreman

• Total Posts : 124
RE: Game revival!! - Aug 11, 2005 07:49
Syphon Filter: I know they have been making sequels but the suck. They actually need to spend some time and make it grrrrrrrrrreat!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Game revival!! - Aug 11, 2005 08:03
Shadows of Destiny. It' s a first gen PS2 game, and to this day remains one of my absolute favorites for the system, I would love for Konami to pick the reigns up on this again.
TXSPheonix

• Total Posts : 38
RE: Game revival!! - Aug 11, 2005 18:05

Hmmm.... Vector Man would be sweet as long as it didn' t look like the one that was supposed to be made for the PS2 but was cancelled. I' d like it to retain it' s original style

This was the first game I was ever addicted to, it was my absolute favorite.

If your talking abotu Brute Force...

I would like to see a true remake of the ORIGINAL Halo.

Halo 2 is so noobified and the weapons are ridiculously unbalanced.
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
RE: Game revival!! - Aug 12, 2005 11:39
Mario! I' m tired of 3D Mario Games, you can' t even walk in a straight line.. Thankfully the new Mario DS game will let me reminisce about the old times.

I also want to see Sonic back to it' s original form too. Again, thankfully the new Sonic DS game will let me reminisce about the old times.

In all, 3D platformers need to go back to 2D platformers... You know why? Because 3D platformers suck.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll