Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 the franchise players...
Shell Bullet

• Total Posts : 3
the franchise players... - Jun 28, 2004 20:55
im curious to see what franchises gamers want to see more of, and im not talking 8 bit remakes but recent games that really really deserve another installment. likewise, which franchise should be killed off?

personally i would love to see another Rygar game, directed by team ninja would make that an even better game than i can imagine. the first was great and another one would just be icing on the cake.

on the other hand im getting rather bored with all the mario spin-offs. i have the upmost respect for Mr. Miyamoto and Mario, which is why i think he needs a platforming sequel and not another mario party or (insert sport here). Mario sunshine was good but i think many were disappointed in the long run and i think that nintendo really has it in them do get a really good Mario game out on the Cube before we get to the next console cycle. maybe the mysterious mario 128 is what im looking for but if not how about a new, strictly platfroming mario (i mean no water pack!) with all the bells and whistles, like fire flowers and mushrooms! mario deserves much more than lame spinoffs (that number almost the same as the platforming versions despite a huge time desparity!). time to sound off gamers! what do you guys/gals think, and feel free to go into detail!

skurf

• Total Posts : 85
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 28, 2004 22:47
I would love to see another Elderscrolls game. Morrowind was so much fun and completely different than any game I' ve ever played.

I would also like to see a Brute Force sequel with online play as the funnest aspect of that game was playing multiplayer over system link. If the current Brute Force had online play I could easily see it being one of the most popular Live titles.

matthayter700

• Total Posts : 25
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 29, 2004 14:23

Mario sunshine was good but i think many were disappointed in the long run and i think that nintendo really has it in them do get a really good Mario game out on the Cube before we get to the next console cycle. maybe the mysterious mario 128 is what im looking for but if not how about a new, strictly platfroming mario (i mean no water pack!) with all the bells and whistles, like fire flowers and mushrooms! mario deserves much more than lame spinoffs (that number almost the same as the platforming versions despite a huge time desparity!). time to sound off gamers!

AGREED BIG TIME! In fact, what I find funny is how people complain about spin-offs in the Sonic series more than in the Mario series. About the quoted comments though, for that I think there should be some sort of almost 3-D version of the original Mario almost- with improved graphics like details on the bricks. I could imagine the nostalgia... which brings me to your 8-bit remakes comment. I don' t mind remakes, but when they don' t bother to improve the graphics when they can (Famicom mini and classic NES ports, for example) it really signals what Nintendo thinks. (For me, it signals they think we see bad graphics as retro.)

Anyway, I' ll get back on topic, if by franchises, you mean ones like the Sonic the Hedgehog game series, I think that TRULY deserves another game. I heard Sonic Adventure 3 is in development, I already have ideas for things to be in the game, but I think a few things were missing from the SA series and Sonic Heroes, but that has definitely been said before. However, since Sonic DS has been announced, I got a feeling that series is gonna go on for a long time... and I like that.

By the way, what' s Rygar?
Shell Bullet

• Total Posts : 3
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 29, 2004 16:34
good point there on the mario...i too would not mind if they did something 2 1/2 D (basically classic mario gameplay with the look (with out the cell shading) of paper mario). of course mario and the other would be 3-D models instead of the thin paper versions. but they could certainly bring back some oldschool charm with a throwback of that nature. oh and Paper Mario is probably the best mario spin-off in my opinion...with Kart being the only other real contender.

Rygar my friend is a superb action/adventure title released on the PS2 by Tecmo. the game is over a year old by now but it is kinda like ninja gaiden light, only with a cool weapon called the diskarmor. basically the game is gorgeous and fun but it moves much slower than ninja for obvious reasons (the biggest being that the game is set in ancient greece). it really is a fun game and shouldnt be over looked by any action fan. in fact i did the review some time ago so check it out here on kikizo to see whats up.

finally its good to see that you guys are thinking about this,especially now that the industry seems to have become completely inundated with sequels. it used to be just the sports games that saw new versions each year, but now we see many other franchises getting yearly installments, some of them great and others not worth it at all. keep those noggins going and keep these boards active!

Peace!
otaku

• Total Posts : 195
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 29, 2004 21:28
ALEX THE KIDD

Why did sega kill him off, he rocked so much.

On another note why didnt sega ever think of making Alex the Kidd their Mascot. Dont get me wrong I love Sonic a lot, but Alex the Kidd seemed like a Perfect Sega Mascot so long ago. We definately need to bring this Franchise back to life.

Out of intrest, does anyone know which Sega Development Team created Alex the Kidd?
otaku

RE: the franchise players... - Jun 29, 2004 21:32
oh recent games, Sorry I' m half asleep

Get Rid of Army men if they havent already.

Make a Decent Sonic game!!

Crash & Spryo should be shown the door too.

erm, Shenmue NEEDS a sequal, I wont die happy till I know the end of the story. Will Ryo kill Lan-Di? Will Lan-Di' s son Kill Ryo? WE NEED TO KNOW MR SUZIKI!!

Thats all I can think of at the top of my head. I' ll bookmark this topic for when I' m more awake!
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 30, 2004 03:24
For the record, Army Men is certainly dead unless another developer/publisher buys up the licensed name. 3DO, the creator of the series, is long since extinct.
RCOrcutt

• Total Posts : 27
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 30, 2004 04:50
I would love to see a new Lunar game
konrad

• Total Posts : 431
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 30, 2004 14:37
I would like to see a mario game like the oringinal mariosside scrolling platformer, only in 3-d. I would also like to see the same with sonic. I need to know what happens to ryo, we need shenmue 3! Army men still has one more game coming out, lol:

http://www.ebgames.com/ebx/product/232217.asp

14.99, geez, that series should have been dead long ago, this is getting way out of hand!
matthayter700

• Total Posts : 25
RE: the franchise players... - Jun 30, 2004 15:46

I would like to see a mario game like the oringinal mariosside scrolling platformer, only in 3-d. I would also like to see the same with sonic.

AGREED! :D Oh wait I forgot to mention " the same with Sonic" !
otaku

RE: the franchise players... - Jul 01, 2004 00:11

I would love to see a new Lunar game

That would be awsome. I didn' t think of that one!

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll