Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 05:01
Watched this tonight and was pretty disappointed
Not so much because of which game received which award but because the event itself was crap
It was more like a Rap concert filled with weak chessy game " bits"
No presenting seemed to know why they were there and read the prompter very obviously and seemed somewhat confused

Then they were all like oh we have footage of games coming in 2005 that has never been seen before. So I thought hey this might be good but then it was all footage that I' ve seen already.
AND the big blunder was when they were advertising/showing clips of the new Legend of Zelda game they actually were showing footage of Windwaker.

The awards given out were pretty good though, no upsetting surprises. San Andreas got game of the year.

Just annoyed me that for some reason people thought to fuse rap and video games and seemed that most of the people in the crowd were only there for the concert. I don' t know, as a true gamer, it erked me
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 05:12
It will continue to " irk" you so long as video games aren' t a good enough reason for TV execs. to put on and air a show. They refuse to believe that it' s possible, so they put on a crap concert and celebrity show under the guise of a video game award show, when not a soul in the building has the slightest clue about games to begin with.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but that' s the way of pop culture, and it' s the ONLY thing that gets put on TV and advertised up the ass.
< Message edited by fathoms -- 12/15/2004 5:12:50 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 05:22
OH MY GOD DID I friggin HATE that show, LOL..

I was just sitting here working on some reviews and too lazy to get up and change the channel when this joke of a show came on. I finally had enough when they got to the game music awards segment. I KNEW I would regret listening to the trash they picked as top tier game music but like an idiot I left it on the channel. After they announced the winner in that category and DMX came on stage I literally RAN to the cable box to change the channel.

to make matters worst they had those dumb a$$ dancers doing corny a$$ dance steps after every segment. One of the low points of television!
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 05:25
I think you are talking about last years Terry
The 2004 was only aired tonight

Only dancers were for Snoop dogs performance and the Motley Crue " re-union" performance
< Message edited by RavenShadow -- 12/15/2004 5:26:03 AM >
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 08:12
I don' t know what year it was, all I know the show sucked BADLY.. I think it came on last night or the night before on Spike TV.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 18:13
Videogames and Rap. It must be an American thing. *shrugs* because games are now ' cool' or something.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 21:10
Did anyone else find these awards incredibly predictable? i think thats the only thing that bothered me....and i heard something about samuel L Jackson calling GTA:SA, GTA2?
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 21:32
I watched them last year. And felt shame. They were obviously aimed at 12 year olds (no offence to any 12 year olds on the board) Trying to convince them what was ' cool' . As long as crap like that continues to happen Video games will never recieve the respect it deserves as a form of entertainment.
Eastwood

• Total Posts : 158
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 15, 2004 22:35
No kidding huh? cultural hegemony knows no limits, even in the video game realm. gimme a break.
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 16, 2004 14:54
Aww man I missed it.... I was planning to watch it but I was probably busy Was it that bad?
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Spike TV Video Game Awards 2004 - Dec 16, 2004 17:15
I watched the 2003 Video Game awards,and i didnt even want to watch the 2004 ones because how bad the 2003 ones were.

2003 Game of the year was Madden 2004.Im surprised they didnt make Madden 2005 game of the year this year.

They shouldnt even call them awards.Things like this make video games look bad.
< Message edited by russian Mobster -- 12/16/2004 5:16:34 PM >

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message