Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Playstation 3
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Playstation 3 - Jul 12, 2004 15:39
I was just reading the article about the PS3 on the main page.
It says that the PS3 might be out sometime in 2005. This pisses me off because I still have the PS2 with tons of great games to play and instead of just sticking to what tons of people are already happy with they go and make it better making the older systems slowly slip into obscurity.
I wish companies could stick to a system and keep it around for longer than just a handful of years, especially when they are still making great games for them.
Oh well, I guess it is inevitable
There is my little rant
HydroGen

• Total Posts : 52
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 12, 2004 21:46
I have bought most of this generation of consoles on within a month of release. I think i might wait for a price drop for the next consoles because then i get a better version for cheaper. I think my order of buying them will be depending on release date this:
1) Microsoft
2) Nintendo
3) Sony
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 12, 2004 22:06
I don' t see anything to worry about. The PS3 is being unveiled at E3 in 2005(in North America I mean), but it' s release date hasn' t been confirmed. I am willing to bet that the PS3 won' t be on shelves until 2006, maybe christmas of ' 05 at the earliest.

I was mad too when I heard the new xbox system was supposed to come out in 2005 b/c I don' t really think a new generation of consoles is needed yet. There are huge titles coming out at the end of this year, and a new Online service to go with the PS2 HDD.
< Message edited by PS2Poodoo -- 7/12/2004 10:07:40 PM >
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 12, 2004 22:14

I don' t really think a new generation of consoles is needed yet.

Exactly. The ones we have are still going strong.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 00:40
I think the only PS3 release that you' d see next year would happen in Japan only anyways with a U.S. release to follow sometime in 2006. And that' s ONLY If the PS3 is released in Japan next year.

I believe the March 2000 release of the PS2 was in Japan only, the U.S. release was much later in the Fall I remember..

Anyways, with the year 2005 soon upon us, I' m anxious to get the next-generation wars started and I don' t think they could have picked a better year than 2005 to roll out some new next-gen consoles.

On a side note I gotta give Sony MASSIVE amounts of credit. I may not like their presence in the gaming industry and would love to see them humbled, but when push comes to shove they have demonstrated an incredible amount of savvy. Unlike Nintendo whose complacency cost them around 50-51% of the 16-bit market to a very hungry Sega at one point because they thought they were untouchable, Sony obviously doesn' t think that way. The minute something becomes a threat, they respond. They rushed the PS2 announcement to try and neutralize the momentum of the Dreamcast and unfortunately for the most part it worked :(.... Despite claiming that they were in no rush to bring the PS3 to the market, I suppose the rumors/announcement of the Xbox 2 appearing in some shape or form next year put them into high gear and are *maybe* trying to neutralize any real impact it will have by announcing the PS3..

Incidently I find it quite interesting that both the PS2 and PS3 weren' t announced until AFTER Squaresoft expressed interest in the Dreamcast/Xbox 2.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 05:26
Yeah, I think you are right about Sony announcing this as a way to take some of Microsoft' s wind. Very soon after seeing the xbox2 announcement, we see that Sony cut the ram for the PS3 in half and now they are unveiling their console at E3 also?
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 05:33
Sony always has piss-poor amounts of RAM in their game systems... what da hellz is up with that? The more RAM, the better. Just look at how much better the Saturn was with the 4 megabyte RAM cart. If I was Microsoft, I' d announce some crappy (though somewhat impressive) specs for the Xbox 2. I wouldn' t announce more than 64 megs of RAM. Sony suddenly makes their PS3 be just a bit better than the announced Xbox 2 (but with only 256K of RAM, and much slower loading than any other console). Then, after the PS3 is set in stone, I would reveal the REAL Xbox 2 specs to the world. It would have 8 gigs of RAM and blast processing! It would be waaaay better than the PS3. It' s not the games, it' s the number of bits that counts. Nintendo Revolution will be a smelly turd from what I hear about it. Nintendo is wanting to redesign or eliminate the controller completely, and just because it' s innovative does not mean it' s fun.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 7/13/2004 5:35:01 AM >
Terry Bogard

RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 05:43

Nintendo is wanting to redesign or eliminate the controller completely, and just because it' s innovative does not mean it' s fun.

Long live the POWER GLOVE!!
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 12:45

ORIGINAL: Terry Bogard

I think the only PS3 release that you' d see next year would happen in Japan only anyways with a U.S. release to follow sometime in 2006. And that' s ONLY If the PS3 is released in Japan next year.

Yep that' s the key point here

Nothing to worry about, the 2005 thing is just a guess anyway based on what Kutaragi said about similar timescales to PS2, but this is for Japan, and either way, PS3 won' t release in the US or Europe until late 2006.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 16:12
None of the next-gen systems will be out in 2005.

And Joe, you haven' t the slightest idea how little I care about specs. You just don' t. Hardware is just a fancy paperweight without software.
XiaoXiao

• Total Posts : 1
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 17:47
okkkkkkkkkkkkk no offence to anybody here but the ps3 is likely to beat every new console to be released in the 2005-2006 date...........iam not a gamer that go' s for the memory or the ram in the system just for the games in the system. xbox 2 will not beat ps3 for many reasons..........because most or of their games are raited teen or mature meaning minors or little kids moms wont let them buy those games, but ps3 is bound to have games that are rated in every range. Another reason is that xbox doesnt have any rpg games and rpg games usually sell the most, meanwhile playstation supports the best rpg making company: sqaure enix and also their releasing their last part of their series for the ps3 like tekken 5 kingdom hearts 2(favorite) need for speed underground 2 final fantasy XII and lots more
< Message edited by XiaoXiao -- 7/13/2004 5:50:02 PM >
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 18:06
LOL how can u say that RPG' s sell the best and that XBOX has no RPG' s.

XBOX has about 4 good RPG' s comming out in the next couple of months.

The Majority of people who play video games are over 18 years old.
Adam Doree

RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 18:32

ORIGINAL: XiaoXiao

Right as you all know we' re not nazis when it comes to moderating this board, but we simply can' t have posts like this.

Really sorry XiaoXiao, if you want to talk about next gen like that there are plenty of other boards that will welcome you with open arms but we' re trying to keep a reasonable standard here.
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 20:09
To clear things up:

-- The average age of a gamer in this country is 29 years old, according to a late-2003 Reuters poll.

-- The Xbox does NOT have " four good" RPG' s coming in the next " several months" ; KotoR 2 and Jade Empire have been delayed until 2005, and Sudeki is not looking " good," IMO. Only Fable may be promsing, which I am indeed banking on. The system sports about two or three RPG' s, while the PS2 has around 40.

-- RPG' s do NOT sell the best; that honor goes to sports games, hands down, and by a longshot. Final Fantasy may sell millions, but that' s just about the only RPG that does. Good and even great titles like Suikoden III, Xenosaga, Disgaea: Hour of Darkness, Dark Cloud 2, Wild Arms 3, Shadow Hearts, and Legaia 2: Duel Saga, may sell fine by industry standards, but are all but non-existent when compared with the sports genre.

And why? 80% of the world is made up of casual gamers. Casual gamers generally play one type of game: sports. You find someone who owns one system and has maybe two games for it, and plays only once a week (if that), guaranteed that those two games are sports titles (Madden and Live, for example).

-- The PS2 does have the largest variety and diversity, but if you' re implying that all those Teen and Mature-rated games on the Xbox don' t sell, you' re dead wrong. The GC has plenty of " E" -rated games, and the largest emphasis on " family gaming" , and they currently reside a distant third in the industry race.

< Message edited by fathoms -- 7/13/2004 8:09:51 PM >
Adam Doree

RE: PlayStation3: This Year!! - Jul 13, 2004 22:34
Getting back to the point here:

PS3 WILL BE UNVEILED BEFORE THE END OF 2004!!!

OMG OMG OMG OMG!!!

Etc.

Link and all the details:

http://games.kikizo.com/news/200407/017.asp
Joe Redifer

RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 13, 2004 23:38
I can' t wait until tomorrow' s link:

" PlayStation 3 released last week!" :)
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 14, 2004 00:15
This is taken from the Team Xbox site:

PlayStation 3 to Make Appearance Later This Year
By: César A. Berardini - " Cesar"
Jul. 13th, 2004 11:26 am

At the PlayStation Meeting 2004, Sony announced that the PlayStation 3 will make its first appearance later this year and it will be in full playable form at the E3 trade show in Los Angeles next May.

Sony Computer President Takeshi Kutaragi unveiled the plan for their " Next System" at the annual PlayStation conference, but the company has yet to reveal specifications of the new game console.

This certainly seems to put the pressure on Microsoft to announce the Xbox successor sooner. Could Microsoft use the upcoming X04 event to showcase the Xbox 2? Only time will tell, but things are definitely starting to heat up in the next round of console wars.

I believe xbox 2 will be out on the shelves before PS3.
Terry Bogard

RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 14, 2004 00:28
I hope Nintendo' s console beats them both to the market darnit!
Joe Redifer

RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 14, 2004 00:48
Nintendo has never beat anyone to market. Anyway, first does not always mean best. But sometimes it does. Uh oh... there are no rules!
panzer_baiken

• Total Posts : 83
RE: Playstation 3 - Jul 14, 2004 01:46
ok, we all know the ps2 has the highest user-base, and that means the ps3 will most likely sell more at launch, but after launch, then what? it all comes down to the games. period. you can show me all the specs and numbers you want, but without quality games, those numbers are just that. numbers. pointing out the obvious, if microsoft can get a huge launch game for the xbox2(or xenon, whatever you wanna call it) like halo 3 (possibly), then that will boost sales signifigantly. same with nintendo, using a game like zelda.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 37

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message