Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Winter-time Quiz...
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 14, 2005 05:54
I live in Saint Louis, MO.

Comparing this winter against those previously experienced in my lifetime, I must say that we have had three 1-3 inch snows and only a handful of days that were REALLY cold (near 0 degrees, or below). Seems that things are already warming up here...highs in the 40' s and 50' s in February - this used to happen in late April or early May.

I was just wondering what this winter has been like for other Kikizo members...
Adam Doree

• Total Posts : 1113
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 14, 2005 08:21

I was just wondering what this winter has been like for other Kikizo members...

Shit. Depressing.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 14, 2005 08:42
Given that I' m originally a Florida native who migrated to New Jersey and work in New York, I' ve been frigging freezing, LOL
DaRoosh65

RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 14, 2005 09:11
Terry Bogard,

How many inches of snow remain on the ground there? Didn' t you get like 2-3 feet of snow recently?

Sorry to hear about the freezing part...

Since winter' s a bust here, I just hope spring comes soon.
< Message edited by DaRoosh65 -- 14 Feb 05 17:12:53 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 14, 2005 09:53
I' ve gotten about 2-3 feet of snow this winter so far. Lately it' s been pretty mild, with temperstures hovering just around 0 degrees celsius(32 farenheit), but for the month of January we had a stretch of about 10 days of -35 to -40. That was brutal. I' m from Saskatoon Canada. Cold Winters Hot summers. By May we should have plus 25-30 degree temps.
Sharon

• Total Posts : 960
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 14, 2005 13:50
Being here in Montana only four months now, I can' t really compare other winters except what people tell me, which is this winter has been exceptionally mild and they haven' t seen anything like it. We' ve been walking around with t-shirts on it has been so warm. Saying that, we did get about 2 inches of snow last night, but it' s already melting.

Now, back home in Nova Scotia, Canada, they have been having one of the weirdest winters in years -- some days warm and rainy, the next day ice and snow up to the window sills --- YIKES! Glad I' m missing that.

I' m moving to Bakersfield, California on Friday and they' re having fairly mild weather 50+.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 14, 2005 14:43
In Tennessee the winters are usually mild, but not as mild as it' s been this year. We' ve had temps around 60 almost the entire year. We usually get temps around 25-30 during this time of the year. Today, for instance, it almost hit 70. It' s sucks though as I enjoy the cold. The muggy summers of Tennessee suck, lol.
DaRoosh65

RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 15, 2005 09:03

I' m from Saskatoon Canada. Cold Winters Hot summers. By May we should have plus 25-30 degree temps.

How hot does it get in Saskatoon?

In the STL, it gets mid-90' s to mid-100' s (100-110) BEFORE the heat index is added. After the heat index is added, the ' feels like' temps are somewhere in the range of upper-90' s to 120' s!

I remember as a kid, spending a good part of my winter outdoors in the cold (20-30 degree) weather. Each winter we would have a guaranteed run of sub-zero temps for 1-3 weeks, then it would return to the 20' and 30' s. Snow was plentiful, and kids spent their time sledding, building snow forts, and just running and playing in general.

What happened?!

Global warming is one suspect...natural cycles are suposed to be another...

Who know for sure...

All I know is that I miss spending the winter time outdoors sledding and such with my kids. The way it' s going, they will never really know the fun a kid could have...
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 15, 2005 12:00
We don' t ever measure a heat index here in Saskatoon. In the winter we measure whats called the " wind chill" and with that temps can drop to -50 degrees celsius (aprox -60 farenheit)
The summers however can get quite hot. may and june and september will see average daytime temps of 25 celsius (77 farenheit) and in July and August although not everyday is this hot, temps can get up to 35 (95). I don' t care for it that hot though. A record high temp would be say 40 or 42(104 - 108) for any give summer day but that' s very unusual.
< Message edited by mxpx182 -- 15 Feb 05 20:01:48 >
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 16, 2005 19:28
Our weather has been much like Mxpx' s. The last few weeks were beautiful, now it is cold again. And icy. I don' t like the ice and wind.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 16, 2005 19:30
Snow go bye bye, snow come back, snow go bye bye snow come back...-10 F...65 F...20 F...75 F...I hate Minnesota' s weather latly.
DaRoosh65

RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 17, 2005 07:49
Seems like everyone is experiencing this crazy up-and-down weather...

Don' t worry...I' m sure it will turn steadily warmer soon (I hope).

We just had a 76 degree day (two days ago), then it dropped to like 42 degrees yesterday and today. It is expected to stay around 40 degrees through the weekend.

This sure makes for good flu and pneumonia weather. My fiancee' s family has caught pneumonia and is currently being treated for it. I' m just glad I haven' t gotten that sick (***knocks on wood***).

Even with the sun out, the weather just seems so blaahhhh...
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 19, 2005 17:06
Yeah, winter, woohoo. Not really I hate it. The weather can' t decide what it wants to do. 40 degrees oh wait now I want it to be 5 degrees. Hello, someone fix the heating please. Anyways we got snow again last night and it has begun to melt already. I forcast that we will have snow late into April being the winter wasn' t that harsh at the beginning, I just want spring to be here. Oh how I miss spring.
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 20, 2005 12:10
I curse the run of mild days we had around here, because now it felt like spring, so now i expect spring to be around the corner. I refuse to acknowledge that it is still winter. Sadly, I am probably looking at another month or two of winter.
the.ben

• Total Posts : 324
RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 21, 2005 06:53
in my part of canada it is really starting to piss me off.....we had no snow and really warm sweater type weather until christmas night. there was no snow on the ground until it started snowing at about 5pm on christmas day and then snowed all night and then there was like a foot and a half of snow the next day, and it brought with it 2 weeks of -30 (celcius) temperatures. all the snow melted pretty much by the begining of febraury and then BAM another big dump of snow. at least this time it didn' t bring sub-zero temperatures with it though.
DaRoosh65

RE: Winter-time Quiz... - Feb 22, 2005 05:57
It was 66 degrees on Sunday, and now it' s only gonna be about...guess what...40-ish again!

Seems like it is trying so hard to break into spring, but just doesn' t have the get-up-and-go to get err done!!!

Thank the heavens for videogaming and DVD movies...

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll