Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game?
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 03, 2005 16:17
Like the resident evil films they are no where as good as the games, and with all these new films being produced out of games it might hurt the games market as somebody might see the film and think, " thats awfull! " then sees the game and thinks " well if the film was that bad imgine how bad the game must be!" even tough the game could be brillant. But i suppose this is the way for the film industry getting back at us for having beat them. Altough i have heard John Woo is taking up Metroid? or some other game rights, i say give the game rights to some decent director not somebody who didnt even play the game.

While thinking about this i just realised how much the Lord of the Rings saga was such a lucky hit, Like Peter Jackson made films like bad taste and lots of horrior films before that, if i where dicideing who to give the rights too, i would diffenly would not pick him even though he did a great job it shows the lazyness of rights distrubation and the only thing firms worry about is the profit margin.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 03, 2005 17:44
Dude, what are you talking about? Those horror films that Jackson made are classics. You are also forgetting the great movie Heavenly Creatures. Peter Jackson is the real deal man. A lot of directors have to start somewhere, and Jackson is just like Sam Raimi.

IMO, a videogame franchise would be damn lucky to get someone like Peter Jackson or Chris Columbos to direct their movies. The thing is...most videogame movies are just looking for the quick cash in IMHO. It' s very disappointing to watch the RE movies. The only movie I' ve ever felt good about that was from a videogame was the original Mortal Kombat.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 03, 2005 19:52
Fatal Fury the Motion picture was GREAT! But then again the movie was animated :)
Silentbomber

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 04, 2005 15:41

orror films that Jackson made are classics

really? i heard other wise. But i' ll take your word for it. Other than that my point still stands.
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 04, 2005 16:54
Street Fighter II the animated movie was greatness, Street Fighter Alpha less so. As for the live action Street Fighter movie.... the less said about that the better. It had so much potential too!

The first Tomb Raider movie wasn' t horrible but then again I' ve never been a fan of the games anyway.

When are we going to see anything of the Crazy Taxi and Pac Man movies I wonder?
Silentbomber

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 04, 2005 17:05
Is it just me or would John Trovolta make a great pac-man?
yoshimitsu15

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 04, 2005 17:32
Not everyone can see past the low budgets, and furthermore not everyone enjoys the type of humor that Jackson brings to the table. Jackson' s first film, " Bad Taste" , was filmed with some of his friends and a grand total of 7,000 bucks. I believe it took years and years for him to make it because he funded it himself in New Zealand. The other movie...I can' t think of it' s name but it' s about this guy who has to fight off zombies and is considered one of the most bloodiest movies ever. Heavently Creatures is about two girls that start having fantasy hallucinations and eventually turn to murder. I believe the last movie that came out on DVD by him was a mock documentary that got rave reviews as well. If I had my digital camera I' d show you my Bad Taste special edition, which comes with a Crum' s Crunchy Delights menu (fried humans).
Russian Mobster

• Total Posts : 357
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 08, 2005 10:27
The Thing is Resident Evil movies actually make the game look good.I bet peaople who after watching the movie went to play the game said wtf is this garbage.Resident Evil might have a good story but the controls the graphics and the cammera angles are some of the worst ive seen.

Final Fantasy Spirits Within was the best game to film so far,followed by the resident Evil movies.
< Message edited by russian mobster -- 1/8/2005 10:35:39 AM >
Stephen Rowley

• Total Posts : 75
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 09, 2005 08:27
The acting in the RE movies was on par with the games - was accurate in that respect... :)
yoshimitsu15

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 09, 2005 11:02
To be honest...if I watched the movies and had never played the games...I would never play the games. Those are some of the worst movies every created...
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 10, 2005 17:23
The first Mortal Kombat was a good movie, it' s among my favorites. Did the game justice I think, helped flesh out the story.

I' m looking forward to the upcoming Final Fantasy movie.. is it Advent Children? should be frickin' awesome!
yoshimitsu15

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 10, 2005 17:42
Yeah, it' s Advent Children...

I still like the original Mortal Kombat as well. It' s just too bad they decided to do a sequel...

*still listens to some songs on the Mortal Kombat soundtrack*
Star Tekkie

• Total Posts : 97
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 11, 2005 11:55
yes.. the new Lord Raydon was quite a disappointment. *Shakes head*
They are supposed to be making yet another Mortal Kombat (with Christopher Lambert), so hopefully they can redeem themselves.
Silentbomber

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 11, 2005 16:04
ah, the first mortal combat film, chezzy perfection. But what about that " Great" Mario brothers film [the one with the actors]? today i still spit on the case, thanks to that film i have been banned from countless stores. Well they are not worth going to if they have that film anyway.

oh and those tomb raider films, all muck. ;)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 12, 2005 06:14

Is it just me or would John Trovolta make a great pac-man?

Now that' s funny!!! LOL!!!

The first Mortal Kombat was a good movie, it' s among my favorites. Did the game justice I think, helped flesh out the story.

To this statement, I agree.

How about the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles? Though these movies were kinda cheezy, they were quite a bit of fun to watch...
snatch24

• Total Posts : 49
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 13, 2005 11:09
dont mean to stray from the point or anything but rumours are surfacing of a halo film this will do great justice to the game
yoshimitsu15

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 13, 2005 16:44
I' m not sure you can say that. With no film to go by, it could be the shittiest movie ever made. I' ve heard rumors about Ridley Scott possibly getting involved, and if that' s the case it could be a good movie.
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 14, 2005 05:21
It would be nice if they used Masterchief' s and Cortana' s current in-game voice actors for the in-movie voices. Would keep some familiarity and consistency for those of us that really only know the game series...
Silentbomber

RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 14, 2005 10:20
yes, and not only voice actors. Just say a film like Metal Gear Solid was being made, Us gamers would Notice a huge differnce if Hideo Kiojma didnt direct it. Instead of Hans Neverheardofyou. MGS would make a great film, allthough i dont know abut 5 hour codec calls, i think they might be cut.
Pierre2k

• Total Posts : 70
RE: Was their any Game to film Conversion that did justice to the game? - Jan 15, 2005 06:36

ORIGINAL: Silentbomber
i dont know abut 5 hour codec calls, i think they might be cut.

Special edition DVD release of Metal Gear Solid here I come
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread