Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Yay Kikizo
ElectronicsJunkie

• Total Posts : 62
Yay Kikizo - Nov 16, 2004 10:53
Hey guys, I didn' t know where to post this, so I just made a new post. Just after 2 days I' m addicted to this forum, and I have to say I was very pleased when I found out that this game site has video, and is free! Take that ign.com. Well, uh, just a side note, the format of the video is in Windows media video (.wmv) and I have a Sony Clie that I would like to upload the video to. But the Sony Clie only deals in non DivX AVI and MPG and MPEG formats, and MOV. Basically, if Quicktime can run the file, then I can convert the file to my Clie. So, does anyone know of a good file format converter for video? And if so could someone point me to a " cheap" (translation: Free or Cracked) place to get it?
Thanks
ElectronicsJunkie

• Total Posts : 62
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 16, 2004 10:56
One more thing, I am not familiar with the language of forums. Like, threads, posts, all that stuff. Could someone give me a crash course in Forumese?
bradley harper

• Total Posts : 172
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 22, 2004 22:31
I dont know anything either. i just go with the flow. but youll get the hang of it, as i did too.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 22, 2004 22:49
We are a buncha virgin forum users...

From what Ive gathered thus far a Post is basically an individual message, whereas a thread is the main topic and everything within it.

If you wanna mess with the fonts just use the buttons just below the smileys ()
B=Bold
I=Italic
U=Underline
Hr=I havent used but I think its a divider
Quote=um well Quote
and so on

Once you push one of the above buttons you' ll get somin like this [b ][/b ]*
just place your text between theenclosed letters like so [b ]" text" [ /b]*

*dont add the spaces within the brackets that was just to shwo you the placement of the text

You can use multiple things at once as well-
[b ][u ]" text" [/u ][/b ] that should look soming like this
" text"

I really don' t know much about this stuff myself nor am I good at explaining. A few extra things to note is that some ppl hate very large run on paragraphs, so they may recomend separating it into small paragraphs.
< Message edited by Mass X -- 11/22/2004 10:52:59 PM >
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 22, 2004 22:57
I' m not a virgin forum user but MassX explained it well enough. HR=Horizontal Rule which is a fancy way of saying horizontal divider.

I don' t know of a way to convert WMV into Quicktimes. You could call up Adam and have him convert ALL the videos on the site to Quicktime. He' d be more than happy to do it and it' d only take out a huge chunk of time from his life in the process. :) Just kidding of course.

< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 11/22/2004 10:58:31 PM >
whatabout_paul

• Total Posts : 1227
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 23, 2004 13:38
Stupid question but... can' t you just download Windows Media Player 10 to play the videos? It' s really a funky piece of kit.
Alley_Hater

• Total Posts : 340
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 23, 2004 15:17
Yea, you understand from experience. Like me, I didn' t ask the first time I went to a forum. It takes some time. And...if you were abled to make a new page with your topic, you must' ve been able to relate the connection between thread and " posting in a new page" . Posts are the easiest thing to understand. Are you trying to make up discussions?
Starman Anthony

• Total Posts : 563
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 24, 2004 23:57
*Shing*
Spacepiston

• Total Posts : 164
RE: Yay Kikizo - Nov 25, 2004 02:19
The original Segaweb forum is what got me addicted to forums. Now I spend a large portion of my internet time in forums. You can learn alot in forums. Alot.

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll