Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Getting a new game
RavenShadow

• Total Posts : 680
Getting a new game - Dec 02, 2004 15:13
So... I' m getting a new game, anyone I want and I am having trouble deciding.
Any suggestions?
So far I am trying to decide between:
MGS3, GTA SA, Phantom Brave, Star Ocean 3, and DBZ Budokai 3 (new one looks real good).
Game is only for the PS2

(I was thinking of getting World of Warcraft but I don' t do monthly fees - even though I played on the open beta and it was awesome)
DaRoosh65

• Total Posts : 1968
RE: Getting a new game - Dec 02, 2004 15:35
My suggestion is to get either GTA:SA or Star Ocean 3.

GTA:SA - if you like this kind of game, then you' ll want this one due to its unrivaled size.

Star Ocean 3 - It' s an awesome RPG...what more do you want?
fathoms

• Total Posts : 1060
RE: Getting a new game - Dec 02, 2004 16:14
I' m going to agree with DaRoosh here; those two are a couple of my favorites of the year.

If you' re aching for a great RPG, go for SO. If you' re kinda RPG' ed out, go for GTA: SA. SA is my personal GoY.

If you' re a big fan of the MGS series, then I' d recommend that one too. I hear it' s fantastic for the fans.
RavenShadow

RE: Getting a new game - Dec 02, 2004 20:49
Yea I dunno
I don' t know if I need another RPG right away so I was hesitant towards Star Ocean
I don' t know if I would like GTA on console, I liked it on PC but I don' t know if the controls owuld be bad or somethiung
Anyone hear anything of the new DBZ game
Video clips I' ve seen look cool
RavenShadow

RE: Getting a new game - Dec 02, 2004 22:55
So GTA: SA which is like super long or DBZ Budokai 3 which can be a quick pick up and have fun game
That seems to be my choice
I haven' t played GTA for a console. How are the controls?
I' m leaning towards both haha
fathoms

RE: Getting a new game - Dec 03, 2004 04:04
Raven: To be perfectly honest, I have no idea how you can even play GTA on PC. Driving is such a HUGE part of the game, and I' d MUCH rather have a good ol' gamepad. Sorry, but the controls are darn close to perfect in the console versions. SA got a 9.6, remember...and it certainly wasn' t the PC version.

And yeah, it' s LOOOONG. Well, if you want to do absolutely everything.
RavenShadow

RE: Getting a new game - Dec 03, 2004 04:33
I don' t know why but for some reason I thought that driving controls would be weird
But I don' t know why haha I guess it was because I play GTA 3 only on PC

I ended up picking GTA: SA though so I' m looking forward to it
Still want Budokai 3 (among others and more mentioned)
Gossi_the_dog

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Getting a new game - Dec 03, 2004 19:55
No the PC version has the best controls. You use mouse and keyboard for general running around and shooting, and use a gamepad (I recommend either Sega' s Saturn style PC controllers or using an adapter for a Dual Shock) for driving around. Near perfect!
fathoms

RE: Getting a new game - Dec 03, 2004 20:01

No the PC version has the best controls. You use mouse and keyboard for general running around and shooting, and use a gamepad (I recommend either Sega' s Saturn style PC controllers or using an adapter for a Dual Shock) for driving around. Near perfect!

Er...no. That' s called " awkward." Jumping between a gamepad and keyboard/mouse back and forth in the middle of missions? I tried it. SUCKAGE.
yoshimitsu15

• Total Posts : 1038
RE: Getting a new game - Dec 03, 2004 20:36
Might also want to look into buying Knights of the Old Republic 2. I believe it gets released Dec. 6th. It comes on the PC as well. It should be a pretty decent RPG.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Getting a new game - Dec 03, 2004 21:12
Of the games you listed, I' d go Metal Gear, or Star Ocean. I remember playing the original metal gear and being more imersed in the game that I had in any other before it. The only real lacking element from the 2nd was the story, if it wasn' t for that the game would have been very good. This new one though, the story is supposed to be great, and the game as good as ever. I can' t imagine it' ll dissapoint. If it' s RPG fare, than Star Ocean is always a safe bet. Personally I' d rather get LOTR: the third age. I know reviews haven' t been super, but I really don' t like real time battle like star ocean has, and I' m just dieing to play a decent RPG in Middle earth.
PS2Poodoo

• Total Posts : 273
RE: Getting a new game - Dec 04, 2004 05:43
If you want a game that is worth every penny you will spend on it, go with San Andreas. Even after playing the hell out of the game, there is always more to do.

I' m personally aching for a good RPG as I haven' t played one since FFX(and I didn' t care much for it). I thought I' d hold off until FFXII, but star ocean 3 seems to have gotten nothing but praise.

If you are one of those people who can play MGS all day, then snake eater would definately not dissapoint. I had halo2 and San andreas collecting dust when I rented snake eater b/c I just could not stop playing it. It' s honestly that good

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message
  • Post New Poll