Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Tales of Symphonia
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33
RisingPheonix

• Total Posts : 33
Tales of Symphonia - Aug 23, 2005 21:49
Has anyone played ToS ever??? for Gamecube?? its almost the best game ever!!!! Its one of the best! I made a site on my msn about it! the game is better than FF! I can' t beleive I' m saying it too! almost as good as Chrono cross!
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 23, 2005 21:51
I' m no RPG fan but did enjoy Tales of Symphonia a good deal before It got thrown aside and other games occupied my time. I' ve been meaning to get back to it some day!
evangelion

• Total Posts : 91
RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 23, 2005 22:39
i couldn' t turn it off, it was a fantastic game...

i traded it in, but keep meaning to pick it up again...

might just now you mention it...

:P
Joe Redifer

• Total Posts : 4481
RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 00:20

its almost the best game ever!!!!

No it isn' t.
QuezcatoL

• Total Posts : 7059
RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 02:47
ToS is even better then ToD2.
I just wish it could have cities that feelt more life like...the cell shading on the characters are superb,but the cities not...also there is alot of backtracking in ToS.
But i would give it 92/100,i had a blast with it.
Auron

• Total Posts : 157
RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 02:51
The characers are an appealling bunch, the battle system is wonderful fun and the story and voice acting are of an high standard, yes I love TOS.
Joe Redifer

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 07:07

the voice acting are of an high standard

No it isn' t.
QuezcatoL

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 07:19

No it isn' t.

Kratos is that,he also did the voice to liquid snake in metal gear solid to psx.
However...collette...and some others are not so good
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 24 Aug 05 15:21:32 >
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 07:56
I have to go with the majority and say yes the game is awsome. I haven' t finished it yet, but am really enjoying it.
Joe Redifer

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 08:22
As long as you turn off the voices during the battles, they ain' t so bad (please excuse my proper English). The voices during the battles are almost as bad as Shining Force III on the Saturn.
< Message edited by Joe Redifer -- 24 Aug 05 16:23:16 >
RisingPheonix

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:00
I beat it, It almost ALMOST outranked Chrono Cross which outranked ff7 says my best freind! He played then said fav game now
He loved FF7 too! That game was good SO close
epecaily it was made by the same ppl b4 ff7 I am sure of that
maybe the guy who made it fun died...
QuezcatoL

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:09
I dont think ToS is close to FF7...also i consider ff7 and chrono trigger to be a lot better then chrono cross.
I did not like the equipment system and how magic works etc,also why 40 characters?! instead of making 6-9 that you put some work into...
And correct me if im wrong,but the people behind ff serie made chrono trigger but not chrono cross,just the same company.
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 25 Aug 05 0:10:55 >
RisingPheonix

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:14
40 because the story is ALWAYS DIFF if you change the chars... also you EARN them by doing Various thing
Chrono cross was better than chrono trigger so says their fan site...
Chrono Breaker is the sequal.
It will be Missed
QuezcatoL

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:19
hmm...
when i hear with the fans i often hear CT as their favourite,and some people even claim its the best rpg they played,never heard people thinking chrono cross was better...
Also it doesnt matter so much if the story chnaged abit with diffrent characters,its not like a game with not much work on characters will make people wanna replay it many times.
but then again i dont know how old you and your friends are,did you play CT when it came?
I really recommend it...
The people behind CT is making blue dragon now...
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 25 Aug 05 0:26:24 >
RisingPheonix

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:23
What is CoT, it was made a while back so most rpgers haven' t played the others maybe dead??? who knows... I don' t really care what you think about the game... were not the same so i dunno...
QuezcatoL

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:29
I have no idea why i wrote CoT,it was supposed to be CT,mayby its because the time is 01:11 here and im so tired

I don' t really care what you think about the game... were not the same so i dunno...

Okay...

It almost ALMOST outranked Chrono Cross which outranked ff7 says my best freind! He played then said fav game now
He loved FF7 too! That game was good SO close

And your best friend is a source to follow and listen to then?!
How many and what rpg' s have he played? and when did he start playing games etc.

A tip is checking gamerankings where they gather a lot of reviews and then take the avg ratio,Chrono cross got for ex 93% and Chrono trigger 95% while Tales of symphonia got 85%... also Final fantasy 7 got 92,2% but then again,alot of reviews from magazines in europeans/japanese countries have not been included.
So we would have seen a higher rating for FF7,i mean just the fans themself ranked FF7 as the best game ever in a vote at gamefaqs.com
And then the best characters cloud won and sephiroth came 2nd,and then on the best villain sephiroth won,so it got a lot of fansupport apperenlty and that matters more then some guy who reviews games if you ask me :)
< Message edited by QuezcatoL -- 25 Aug 05 0:37:05 >
RisingPheonix

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:37
So you talk bad about it becuz you didn' t beat it?
Ct stunk... You get a stupid frog on your team!!! Masamune is weilded by serge now Like it or NOT! ok?
QuezcatoL

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 16:45
A stupid frog?!
He was a former human that was transformed by magus,in Chrono cross one character is a murmaid who has a german accént is that better?

Masamune is weilded by serge now Like it or NOT! ok?

okay...?

But nvm i prefer CT and you CC we just have diffrent taste,i mean just because the reviews give CT better scores doesnt make it better,i saw some idiot who got a review uploaded at gamerankings about FF7 where he gaved it 60% saying he dislike rpg' s in one sentance...what a great idea to review the game then?! ^^
I' m sure the rpg lovers get a fair picture of the game then.
Joe Redifer

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 17:36
Tales of Symphonia was too damn long-winded. It got rreally boring at around 60 hours or so. Damn game just refused to end.
QuezcatoL

RE: Tales of Symphonia - Aug 24, 2005 17:43
hm...
I only disliked the backtracking in the game for ex...
when you try and enter the earth temple or what to call it...a gnome want you to make his brother come home,and you need to backtrack to the mines dungeon...then you find out he demand a mizua potions...and you need to go back to the mizuha village and buy one,then go back,and talk with him,then go back to earth temple then just a bit longer another gnome demand a spice recipce which you cant get without first talked to him then go back to a dwarfs house which have it...and then go back to him.
And no this wasn' s the only backtracking,there are alot of them between temples and cities :S it never feelt like it was made to make the game better and more to offer,just to make it longer.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 33

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message