Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Cheer up you bastard!
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 20, 2006 15:22
I been a bit down latly. A little saddness, some annoyance, and a bit of anger as well. To add to this I also have been cursed with one helluva off and on headache for the past month or so.

Anyway, I tried to engage in a few things that normally keep my mood up (movies, games, Jess, etc). However, their havent been many good movies latly and my headache certainly makes gaming a hassle. Also Jess is way to busy these days and probably for the next few months.

Sooooo what do you all normally do to up your moods, relieve some stress, anything of the sorts?

Im not exactly asking for ideas, but just curious as to what ya do.
refinne

• Total Posts : 40
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 20, 2006 16:38
I' m sorry to hear all this crap is happening to you. Hopefully you feel better pretty soon.

Most likely something that helps for me is when I go cruisin' , or if I work out that helps as well. Whenever I just want to forget my own little problems I go see a movie or if I' m really feeling down I splurge on some sexay clothing for myself. Sugar does a decent trick too but there' s only so much I can take of that. What cheers me up more than anything is getting to talk to my guy and hanging out with him just pretty much takes away all the stress, etc.
Rampage99

• Total Posts : 3161
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 20, 2006 18:51
For me the out doors is a great comfort. Just going outside and getting some fresh air. It' s starting to feel like summer down here in FL now and this time of the year is the most enjoyable for me when it comes to weather. I also go for runs. I know that' s not many people' s thing but I really enjoy it. I get a few miles in and just let my mind kinda fix itself. Basketball does it for me too. I guess just any fun outdoor physical activity helps. Sitting around infront of a computer or tv normally just makes things worse imo.
Nitro

• Total Posts : 11960
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 20, 2006 21:13
I remind myself that somewhere else, somewhere out there, ...there are people who have to drink dirty, polluted water and have to go days at a time without food.

I remind myself that there are much less fortunate people living in this world and tell myself to stop being an ungrateful prick.

It works.
choupolo

• Total Posts : 1773
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 20, 2006 22:51
Alcohol and cocaine...no just kidding

I used to live near some woodland on a big hill, so going out on my bike and taking in the views and fresh air was amazing, as well as the physical exercise. There was this huge old quarry which was cool terrain for mountain-biking, and these old ruins of a castle which were quite spooky at night!

Now I live in the centre of a city, stuff like that' s not possible. But I still try and go and roam about a bit in places I havent seen. However, I got mugged once so late night strolls are not advisable!
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 20, 2006 23:57
Alchohol. Not just kidding. That and I think back to when I was working the crappiest job I' ve ever had in my life, and I realise that wow, things aren' t as bad as they were then. Then more booze.
Terry Bogard

• Total Posts : 3915
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 21, 2006 03:54
It depends..

If it' s a chemical imbalance, depression, etc. then there' s nothing that' s gonna cheer me up. I just have to weather the storm as best I can.

If it' s just a bad day, then I try to do things I enjoy to help balance things out..
In my case it' s often times depression so, I' m basically a hopeless case!!1!
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 21, 2006 05:08
i tend to go shopping. I may not buy anything, but going out and looking will tend to make me feel better. I also tend to withdraw, avoid anything and anyone that will make the mood worse. Sometimes it isn' t easy, but like Terry said I just have to weather the storm the best I can... a nice long nap... a cup of tea...hysterical outburst of tears... it all depends on the situation.
Game Junkie

• Total Posts : 708
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 21, 2006 08:28
I think I' m living in the hardest time in my life (hopefully), so things that used to elevate my mood no longer work. I can sometimes find minor distractions but I' ve been at the edge of what I can take for a year now, lately its been worse. I used to play video games and party with friends but in the past few months I hardly ever keep contact with friends and my attention span has gone down to next to nothing. I used to play for 3-8 hour sessions and now thats what I play in a month.

I don' t even aim to elevate my mood anymore, I mearly try to alleviate some misery. So my only two options is to sleep when I can and drink when I' m awake. Yesterday I slept from 10:00PM Saturday to 5:00pm Sunday, Sunday was the best day I' ve had all year. I don' t actually drink very much but I should.

Ever have the feeling of being sick to death of everything? I' m so tired of my life, everyday is the same shit! Same assholes, same same job, same routine, same bull shit! That' s how I feel and I only see one way to get out of it.

So to answer your question: I try and get as much sleep during the weekends mostly because I' m exhausted. (I can' t sleep if I know I have to wake up in the morning to go to work so I only get 10-15 hours sleep during the whole week). And drink enough Rum or Whisky to kill a Bear (once or so a month)
< Message edited by Game Junkie -- 21 Mar 06 0:33:46 >
Rampage99

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 21, 2006 18:49
Jeeze... this is quite the depressed group. I was the same way in highschool and for a little while my sophmore year of college but I managed to get passed it all. I went through some serious depressions that lead to points of passing out and having spasms. those were some crazy times. Luckily now I' m done with all of that crap. I look at the bright side of things these days. For the first time in my life I' m actually happy with myself. I have a girlfriend now which is the first one I' ve ever had. I was extremely affraid of talking to girls in the past but finally made a huge step by asking out a girl. We' ve been going out for nealy 5 months now. I' m also enjoying school for the most part and hang out with my friends all the time.I' ve finally found a point in my life where I feel like I belong.

I' m sorry you guys are going through such hard times but all I can say is that it does get better. I didn' t believe it when people used to tell me that but it was the truth. If you start focusing on that it will really help.
jars

• Total Posts : 148
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 21, 2006 22:14
When i' m having a stressfull day, i usually find myself praying often, for things to straighten out, but more importantly, for me to handle things calmly, not turning into a monster that no one can talk to.
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 22, 2006 08:17
I am very glad To hear that you are feeling better Rampage, The last i heard you where feeling a bit depressed. But thats all in the past!

For me, I allways look on the bright side, the things to come, the new experainces and people i will come across as i get older, the jobs i will have, the people i met, the countrys i will visit.
Allways think of that poor guy that has it off worse than you, helping others can just give you a great feeling and make yourself feel more worthwhile. Even if its the smallest thing of putting your spare change in the local charity box or helping an elderly person, you do not know how helpfull it is for them. Take a walk, breath in the fresh air and admire the view, life is good, and you only get one chance to live it out to its fullest.
Rampage99

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 22, 2006 10:12
Yeah man. That depression crap has been over for a while. I took a quarter off from college and in a way " found myself" . Lol, that sounds so retarded but it' s true. I hung out with my family and friends and didn' t have to worry about work or school. I really changed up my lifestyle and became more focused. I started working out daily with my best friend and and spent a lot more time outdoors rather than sitting infront of a tv or computer. It helped me to really appreciate life.

It also helped me meet my girlfriend who is absolutely amazing. I honestly have never been more satisfied with how my life is going... well that' s how I felt a few weeks ago but now I' m stressing with finals. Luckily they are done with in two days! then I get to go back home and see my girlfriend and relax! ... and get in saome mad amounts of Oblivion.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 22, 2006 11:50
Im in a mucho better mood. Did some working out to down some stress, played oblivion to up my mood, and saw Jess.
Rampage99

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 22, 2006 12:04
Working out is a big stress reliever. Good call on that. I' m sure Oblivion can put a smile on anyone' s face as well. Then seeing a girl... well, you basically pulled a triple, lol.
Silentbomber

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 23, 2006 07:08
Happy Days indeed!

..but i feel others need help..
Rampage99

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 23, 2006 20:20
Yay! My two of my finals for school went corrupt so I lost them and haven' t slept in a few days! I got a ticket for an illegal u-turn because the cops decided to put up the sign that day and have a little sting op where they hid in bushes and jumped out to catch anone that missed their new sign (yes, they actually hid in bushes. No joke.). Two of my really good friends that have been engaged for months now decided to break up because it turns out the girl has become a stripper and neglected to tell anyone.

Then yesterday when I was about to do a class presentation to the DIRECTOR of my game program at school for my scripwriting final my mom calls me up to inform me that my girlfriend asked someone else to her senior prom (I' m dating a girl two years younger than me). So I blow my presentation because I' m extremely stressed out, haven' t slept in days, and my girlfriend seems to be cheating on me. So there goes that class' s grade.

So then I call up my friends to see how I should hndle the situation about my girlfriend and they all tell me to dump her. That made me feel really good since she is one of the most important peple in my life... so I end up calling and she doesn' t answer. I call again, she doesn' t answer. Finally she calls close to midnight which is two hours later than we normally talk and she completely avoids talking about the prom. I ended up calling her out on it and she said it was just to be as friends, she didn' t think I wanted to come, she felt she had to tell me in person and not over the phone (which didn' t make sense since she was just supposedly inviting him to join her group. If that was true there would be no reason to hide it from me. She told everyone she knows not to tell me but my sister found out and blah blah blah...).

So I was really pissed off but at the same time just couldn' t bring myself to dump her. I asked her how long ago she asked the other guy out and it' s been days pparently which made it worse for me.So I left it off with saying I didn' t know how things were going to work out. then I call the friends back that told me to dump her and they basically made it out like I was the bad guy for reasons I don' t understand. They tell me to dump her and then when all I do is question her they said I was too harsh. I don' t get it.

So I try calling her back and sending her text messages saying I' m sorry for being angry (even though I have every right to be.) and she never responded. So here I am at 7am still without sleep working on finals dealing with all this crap at the same time. It sucks but I' m just at the point where I don' t care anymore. I don' t care what grades I get this quarter, I don' t care what happens with my relationship, I don' t care about the ticket or anything else for that matter. The wierd thing is I' m just really calm right now. I have no emotion which I guess is better than freaking out or getting depressed.

God I need to play some Oblivion...
Silentbomber

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 24, 2006 04:46
Sorry to hear what has happend to you mate, but i think your friend could be right, girls that go behind your back without your permission and who arent returning calls or texts arent worth the hassle, she should have asked you if it was allright to go to the prom with somebody else, but she didnt, did you know her prom was coming up?

Dont let this affect your Grades, last thing is that you want to fail, keep studyin and forget your gf right now.

Hard luck about the ticket, thats just bad luck.

You need to sit down with your gf and talk, where she cant avoid you, ask her whats happening and how she really feels. If things look bad and she continues to see other friends, dump her, its much better to dump somebody than to be dumped, I have seen it.

Anyway, lets hope it dosent come to that, you have been with her for a few months so she likes you. Dont stress out about it.
Rampage99

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 25, 2006 01:04
I broke it off with her last night. I knew all about the her prom and we had even discussed some of what we were going to do. That' s why this whole thing was a real shock. She also wouldn' t give me a straight answer as to why she did it.

It was a good six months and I don' t regret any of it but I' m perfectly fine being single. I' m not going to dwell on it. I just finished up my quarter and have finally been reunited with my 360! It' s a glorious day and I have finally started playing OBLIVION!!!
Rampage99

RE: Cheer up you bastard! - Mar 27, 2006 15:42
Okay... so videogames don' t fill the void... f*ck.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 24

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message