Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts??
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26
Jason Zeidan

• Total Posts : 308
' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Jul 28, 2005 14:25
ALERT: *****SPOILERS AHEAD*******
Scroll at your own risk..

Two days ago, I puchased the sixth installment of the almost complete book septology: Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince. To start off the thread, I thought this book was phenominal. I' ve never seen a book that so cleverly combines comedy, drama, mystery, action, and political satire into one ground-breaking novel like this. I' ll let you guys debate the rest, but I have to say that for a book that can keep me reading for six hours straight, with no need for a bathroom break, food or drink, I think that' s pretty remarkable...

I think this was the best book in the series.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Jul 28, 2005 18:59
Well, your spoiler warning was sorta pointless until now, but my only thought is who in the hell is this " R.A.B." who stole the real Horcrux? Anyone have any ideas?
Rikka

• Total Posts : 933
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Jul 28, 2005 23:38
Sirius' brother Regalus, he used to be a death eater, but he was killed by Voldamort.
immortaldanmx

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Jul 29, 2005 10:18
So he would be irrelevent to the next book as long as he actually got around to destroying it? And thanks for the info, I completely forgot about him.
Rikka

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Jul 29, 2005 10:51
Yeah, I mean it is just a theory. The catch may be that since Mundungus was stealing things from 12 Grimmauld place, he may have stolen and sold the Horcrux Locket. The locket may or may not have already been mentioned in book 5... there is a reference to a heavy locket that they can' t open that is found among the treasures of the Noble House of Black.
Jason Zeidan

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Jul 29, 2005 14:32
Now, one thing that worried me was when McGonoggal proclaimed that the school might close the next year. And when Harry said that he' s not coming to Hogwarts even if it does re-open, I' m assuming that the next and final book entails Harry' s adventures to destroy the Horcruxes and Voldemort. Yet, when Rowling did an interview on CBS before Book 6 launch, she was asked about the Defense Against the Dark Arts course. She said ' ' Of course, there will be a new D.A.D.A teacher in the following year...' ' . So, I believe that Harry will be returning to the school, although I see why he shouldn' t, seeing as it would waste his time being in the castle when he should be out killing the Dark Lord. Oh well...
immortaldanmx

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Jul 29, 2005 14:53
Rikka, you have a great memory. I' ve looked through the Order of the Phoenix and found the reference so I assume you are correct.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 03, 2005 16:15
I' ll buy this book untill it' s here! It' s worth the money. I' m sick of this Potter freak!
Rikka

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 03, 2005 21:10
huh? come again?
Jason Zeidan

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 04, 2005 08:49
I don' t comprehend your statement, NakedSnake.
Chickapoo88

• Total Posts : 187
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 07, 2005 15:22
Oh my God! I just finished the book. I was crying at the end, of course than I laughed at myself for crying. Who would of thought Tonks was in love with Lupin and that was why she was so boring and plain? Oh well, I liked this book a lot more than the fifth. I am so excited to see where she goes with the final story.
Jason Zeidan

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 07, 2005 21:03
Surely, the Tonks/Lupin ordeal wasn' t the one that surprised you the most??

How about the freaking fact that Snape killed Dumbledore?? Man, I was so pissed off when I read that chapter.... I think it was the climax, IMO.
Rikka

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 07, 2005 22:50
I still think there is more to the Snape/Dumbledore issue than we know. This book was really about driving the plot and Rowling' s has a lot to explain in the final book.
Jason Zeidan

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 08, 2005 15:36
I think the last book will put everything together. I guess you' re right, Rikka. Maybe the Snape/Dumbledore catastophe means more than what meets the eye.
Rikka

RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 14, 2005 23:41
www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com

(ETA: I really should learn how to insert a link)

A really cool link
< Message edited by rikka -- 15 Aug 05 7:46:12 >
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 18, 2005 19:09
The Unbreakable curse that snape made required him to kill Dumbledore. Snape Even said to Narcissa in the beginning of the book that he assumed the dark lords plan was to have him fullfil Draco' s task. I mean, what else could he have meant. And he is so a freakin death eater, i mean c' mon
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 07:31
Sorry Dizzle, but there is no way Snape is a Deatheater. He is one of the best developed characters in the book, and one that has been focused on in nearly every book. No author is stupid enough to waste an excellent character like that simply by turning them into the bad guy so that they can be vanquished at the end. I don' t go for all of that stuff on the dumbledore conspiracy site, but mark my words Snape was supposed to do what he did on Dumbledore' s orders.
Naked Snake

• Total Posts : 228
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 08:18
He IS a death eater, that is a fact. But i don' t think he will betray Dumbledore, just because he' s got the wrong job.
mxpx182

• Total Posts : 1394
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 10:01
no no, he WAS a deatheater. Deatheaters are followers of Voldemort. He isn' t anymore even though he has the mark.
J_Dizzle

• Total Posts : 133
RE: ' Half Blood Prince' thoughts?? - Aug 19, 2005 11:49
First of all mxpx, how is it wasting a character to make him evil? Secondly, do none of you remember that it was the Dark Lord that had snape get the teaching position anyways. he was at the school on Voldermorts Orders. he stayed at the school so he wouldnt be arrested , but that was the only reason he stayed. he did not stay out of loyalty to Dumbledore, because im not entirely sure he was ever loyal to Dumbledore. Wasnt he the one who told the Dark Lord about the prophecy? Didnt he hate Harrys parents, godfather, etc. more than anyone in the world? Doesnt he have a fascination of teaching DADA? All these things point to deatheater. Mark my words, in the 7th book he will still be evil.

p.s. the only reason Dumbledore trusted snape was because he said he felt bad about what he caused to happen to Harrys parents, but he only ever showed harry a deep ammount of hatred and contempt
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 26

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message