Forum Navigation
Welcome to Kikizo's Forum Archives. Login and user functionality is no longer available -- this is now a permanent archive of forum content.

Prev Thread Prev Thread   Next Thread Next Thread
 Kids Online
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21
Silentbomber

• Total Posts : 4673
Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 10:05
http://www.staulkor.com/hobss.mp3

Seen this on Joystiq, Its so funny But i didnt listen to it all.

But the bigger issue is, if your on xbox live or Pc Online do Kids put you off, they put me off in Battlefield. But thats as far really as my online experience goes. What about you?

Do they the annoy heck outta you? or what kind of stupid conversations have you ever heard?
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 24 Dec 06 2:05:57 >
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 10:10
I can not count the times Ive wanted to strangle a kid on XBL or playing UT online
Phoenix|Slash

• Total Posts : 134
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 10:58
Kids PISS me off Full Stop. But also in CS, they get pwned then they scream in their mic blaming their team an stuff lol n00bs
_Ninja_Protocol_

• Total Posts : 212
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 11:39
Kids that havn' t hit puburty are annoying, espically when its an " M" rated game.
immortaldanmx

• Total Posts : 2966
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 11:59
Im not really sure if its an age thing though. Im only 17, but Ive been playing games online since 1995(doom on dial up was the coolest thing since Power Rangers to a 6yr old ), and I can honestly say I never acted like most of the kids online these days do. No obnoxious typing (back in the day we didnt have headsets, wow I feel old now), no team killing, no greifing what so ever. I think it is more of a maturity thing, and the fact that if my dad were to see me acting that way even online in a game he would have probably made me quit playing.

Lesson here, make your kids be respectful, and if they dont take the games (or knock them out is my vote).
mastachefbkw

• Total Posts : 3793
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 13:11
No danny, the lesson here is... have any parents tried simply cutting of the video games, sitting down with their kids, and hitting them?
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 18:22
The way lots of these kids act, makes me fear for our race. We really could do with a gargantuan meteor to sort everything out, it certainly worked with the dinosaurs...
Agent Ghost

• Total Posts : 5486
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 19:54
It doesn' t bug me when they say idiotic things or if they are screaming and such because I just tell them to " shut the fuck up!" and surprisingly it works most of the time.

The jerkoffs that piss me off are the " farmers" or " boosters" , people who manipulate the game (cheat) to gain points. This happens all the time in PC games but it only happenes to me with one game on Live. Cod3 has an achievement when you revive 100 team mates, so sometimes I get the asshole that will kill people on their own team in order to immediately revive them. The worst part is the you couldn' t punish them (this was fixed with a patch).

I had this one game where my team was winning and i was probably first on my team and two dipshits made like 40 team kills each in that one match. I died more times by them then the opposing team. The worst part was that you don' t want to shoot back because you would lose a point without reviving them.

I was so pissed. I' d love to meet one of these imbeciles in person.
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 20:02
chief, if only you could give the kids a good hiding these days, unfortunately too many do gooders have deemed this inappropriate, I can always remember my Father giving me a smack if I did something wrong and I had ultimate respect for him, and that is where the problem lies there is no respect anymore by children in all aspects of life.

IMO under 16' s should not be allowed to play online and certainly not without supervision if they do under this age.
< Message edited by alijay034 -- 24 Dec 06 12:02:42 >
Papado

• Total Posts : 234
nekkid_monkey

• Total Posts : 818
RE: Kids Online - Dec 24, 2006 23:05

ORIGINAL: mastachefbkw

No danny, the lesson here is... have any parents tried simply cutting off the video games, sitting down with their kids, and hitting them?

Nice Bender-ism.

Kids (and immature adults) are annoying everywhere, they' re just harder to avoid online.
Calintz

• Total Posts : 321
RE: Kids Online - Dec 25, 2006 04:10

chief, if only you could give the kids a good hiding these days, unfortunately too many do gooders have deemed this inappropriate, I can always remember my Father giving me a smack if I did something wrong and I had ultimate respect for him, and that is where the problem lies there is no respect anymore by children in all aspects of life.

I couldn' t agree more. Do governments and the like not see, that this is the very reason why the world is in such a dire state these days.
Eddie_the_Hated

• Total Posts : 8015
RE: Kids Online - Dec 26, 2006 08:12

IMO under 16' s should not be allowed to play online and certainly not without supervision if they do under this age.
There I disagree, I' ve been playing games since I was 3, and I' ve been playing online games since the Dreamcast days (Quake with a broadband adapter FTW!!!).

I' m pretty young compared to most of us on the forums, & I don' t go on stupid kiddy rants every time I get fragged. Of course, I consider myself fairly mature for where I' m at in life. Unlike most teens I know, I worked for my 360, bought it with my own money, pay for XBL and all my games, and hold it all together with a job.

It' s quite a simple process really. If a kid is that immature when they' re being curb-stomped, then the last place they should be is living out violent fantasies online.
Silentbomber

RE: Kids Online - Dec 26, 2006 09:29
Eddie your young? I always imagined you as the late 20' s guy. Not saying that is old. You get me.
Mass X

• Total Posts : 4491
RE: Kids Online - Dec 27, 2006 01:15
Ive got a sizable friendslist so I tend to play with the same crew most of the time. somtimes we let a drifter in the room and occasionallu make a new aquaintence tho more often then not we just boot them and wait for another.

During downtime with the crewe I drift into other rooms and often leave scarred and annoyed. So yeah having a friends list and gathering up around the same time is quite nice. And very higly recommended. Been playing with the same people since Ghost Recon 2 on Xbox.
Silentbomber

RE: Kids Online - Dec 27, 2006 01:39
You know them personally mass or just met them on the net?
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kids Online - Dec 27, 2006 01:50

Eddie your young? I always imagined you as the late 20' s guy. Not saying that is old. You get me.
Heh, I get that alot.

I' m not particularly old no, although I pass for 18 at R-Rated movies, so It' s not like I' m 12 or anything.

I' m not a big fan of little kids on M-rated games either. Not that it' s my moral obligation to stop ' em. But the simple fact is that most young gamers ARENT GOOD. It' s not a generalisation, but they haven' t played games for all that long, so therefore, they suck worse than the rest of us. I don' t want some 9 year old playing Allies on CoD:3 and running around apologising for all the teamkilling they' re accidentally doing.[:' (]
Silentbomber

RE: Kids Online - Dec 27, 2006 03:44
So what age are you? if you don' t mind.

the teamkilling they' re accidentally doing.

I teamkill, but don' t apologize
< Message edited by silentbomber -- 26 Dec 06 19:45:03 >
alijay034

• Total Posts : 1433
RE: Kids Online - Dec 27, 2006 03:56
Eddie you' ve been online gaming since your were three? Surely that was with supervision though I take it? It is unsupervised under 16' s that should be stopped, at least that way there is a form of security from the perv' s out there that groom from online game playing(Which is now the occaision seeing as chat rooms are so highly monitored.)

M-rated games should be as policed as the M-rated movies or cigarettes or alcohol and any retailer selling to an under age should be fined.
Eddie_the_Hated

RE: Kids Online - Dec 27, 2006 07:51

Eddie you' ve been online gaming since your were three?

No, I' ve been GAMING since I was 3. Your basic Mario, Gauntlet, and easy RPG' s. ( I actually called my dad at work to tell him I' d beaten Final Fantasy) I' ve been online gaming (PC' s & stuff) since I was 10 on other peoples PC' s, before it got wickedly expensive that is. Now no-one I know has the money for PC stuff.

Surely that was with supervision though I take it?

Whenever I was gaming online, my dad just told me to not listen to people being idiots, & don' t type anything that he wouldn' t want me saying to him. Simple rules, but it kept my language clean... Kept being in the past tense. I usually switch my mic though before I go on sniper-based cursing sprees.
Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 20 of 21

Jump to:

Icon Legend and Permission
  • New Messages
  • No New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
  • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
  • Locked w/ New Messages
  • Locked w/o New Messages
  • Read Message
  • Post New Thread
  • Reply to message